Chapter 7 Of cold places and her identity

Sorry it took so long to get this chapter up, we are on break and I became really lazy! And then I lost my flashdrive and I couldn't upload because I didn't have any way of getting the story from my laptop to this one etc etc, but I finally managed!  Anyways, enjoy!

Alice Point of View

"Hey Aliiiiccceee!" Gabbie yelled as she jumped off the table and ran up to me.  This made everyone who was in a 10 meter radius from us turn around and look at us funny.  I blushed and went up to hug Gabbie, having to bend down a little to do so.

"Hey Gabbie! How are you?" I said.

"Oh fine fine fine, so I heard about Mr. Biker Guy!”

Oh of course she did! There are no secrets in this world! ...you know what I mean.  “Yeah, what did you hear about him?” I ask her ushering her to a dark place next to a big pillar, looking around to see if there was anyone eavesdropping. 

“Oh just how he was tailing you and how he was supposed to kill you and you were supposed to kill him but you guys didn't because you love each other!” she said loudly.

“Wait, what? Love? Each other?  Where did you hear that from?” I ask. 

“Um, I can't remember, actually there are a lot of different versions of your love story going around, there's one that involves you guys being followed by a whole army of super ninjas and you both fought them off but then you got hurt and then he carried you to the nearest hospital.  But I didn't believe that one!” she said, full of energy, Gabbie loves gossip!

“Okay, wow, first of all, there is nothing going on between me and this guy!” I say out loud to her.  Her face turns into a slight frown but I still go on.  “Second, there were no super ninjas that we had to fight off, and thirdly, I would never get hurt, especially fighting a super ninja or whatever!” I say, my ego getting hurt.  My company knew I was the best in the business, yet they still made fun of me.  Some support I have from my fellow colleagues! 

“Oh, so you guys don't love each other?  You're not getting married?” she said looking heartbroken.

“No! I'm 16 for crying out loud!  And I've only met the guy twice!  I'm not in love with him!” I say getting frustrated.

“Not in love with him yet...”she says smiling wickedly, all her loudness and personality back.  What did she mean not in love yet?  Am I going to see Alex again? Oh this is frustrating!

We check our baggage in normally and get our boarding passes.  After that we go through this smaller, more secret passageway thats dedicated to people like us.  For now it was empty but on some occasions it was full.  We rushed through the pathways, the airport ground crew helping us sort out our passports and visas.  We got to a checkpoint where they scan you for any weapons.  I pulled out my Heckler & Koch VP70, I should probably mention that Heckler and Koch is my favorite weapons company.

The ground crew checked the gun, looking at how many bullets there were in the gun, making a record of it, in the airport we land in, their ground crew will check to see if there was the same amount of bullets as in this airport.  Its just a formality really.

“Nice gun.” Gabbie commented.  She wasn't allowed to have any weapons, her job didn't require it unless she was in an actual combat.  Besides, she had me, she wouldn't need to worry about anything.

I smiled back at her and turned around, my hands held apart from my body as a security officer ran the beeping device thingy across my body.  It beeped a couple of times and I had to show the officer my stash of various knives hidden under my clothes. 

“All clear.” she said before turning to scan Gabbie.

So we eventually got on the plane, me taking the window seat and Gabbie sitting next to me in the small Folker airplane.  I really like having the window seats except when its really cold and when you don't get to see anything at night.  Luckily it was still daytime and I could see the ground crew rushing around doing their job. 

Curiosity got the best of me and I turned around to Gabbie.  “Where are we going?  I can't bear the suspense anymore!” I say frustrated.

“Calm down, we're going to Northern Siberia.” she says, looking up from a magazine she was reading.

“What? Northern Siberia as in Eastern Russia?”  I say back.

“Yes, Russia, now stop creating such a ruckus, people are looking.” she says, going back to her mag.  Sure enough there were people looking, but I couldn't care less at this moment, wow, I've never been to Siberia before, it was supposed to be really cold, it should be the middle of winter there.  That meant ice and snow. 

I groaned, what have I gotten myself into?

Alex Point of View

Oh Shit.  What have I gotten myself into? I thought to myself.  The elevator door had opened and Sarah was right there, glaring at me.

I had two options.  I could use the elevator but then Sarah is in it and I'm in for some crap after last night, or I could take the stairs but I didn't want to carry luggage down 10 flights of stairs and that would make me look bad, avoiding people.  So elevator it is.

I got in, pulling my suitcase behind me.  I look up to see Sarah glaring at me.  “Hello Ryan.” she says in the voice of the devil itself.  I press the button for the lobby and the door closes.  God help me.

...

“Yeah, about that, I'm so sorry!” I say making my best honest face, "You're not easy.  I was just nervous being around such a beautiful woman." Honestly I was cracking up inside.  This was way too easy.

She looks at me for a long time and finally nods.  “Just don't do that to any girl ever again, okay?” she says, threatening me.

“Okay.” I say, already forgetting the conversation, glad that I got off easy.

When the elevator dinged, (finally!) I rushed forward with my bags, not even sparing a look behind and checked out, handing my keys back to the receptionist.  On to my flight. 

Rob was waiting outside with the driver.  When we had gotten in the car and driving to the airport, he broke the silence by saying, “We couldn't trace the girl assassin.” He looked at me.

“Really? The pieces of hair from her helmet weren't enough?” I say, surprised.

“No, we couldn't find any hairs,” he says turning back to look out the window.

“Well then, how about the sketch I made of her?” I say referring to the sketch he had made me do late last night, after I had fallen asleep he came into my room, woke me up and demanded that I make a sketch of her.

“Come on, we all know you are not exactly the best artist here, we tried but we couldn't trace her.  She doesn't work for any of our rival companies.” he said exasperated. 

I thought about that for awhile.  She definitely worked for some company, no way could she be that good and work solo.  And now I know she couldn't work for our rival companies.  That left only one option.  Shocked, I turned to Rob and said, “That's because she works for our company.”

Duh Duh Duh Duuuhhh! Hahaha anther cliff-hanger, I love those!  Tell me what you think, comment, vote, like, fan etc! :D