Chapter 16 Caught in the Act

Hells ya! Am uploading faster!  God it feels good!  Hope y'all a okay and enjoying!  Why don't you be a good little reader and leave me a comment! :D

Its warmer inside. I take a deeply needed breath, inhaling the warm air and filling my lungs with it. Whatever happens now I will just go with it. I won't question it anymore. Its not gonna change whether I like it or not so might as well just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Now, to find sweet little Alex. Where oh where could he be? I checked the dining room and the bathroom. Yes I went into the mens bathroom, kill me! I was that desperate but luckily no one saw me and I didn't see anything.

He's probably in my...err our room. Before I went there I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a dishtowel, running outside and collecting some pieces of broken ice, you know, for his jaw and back and whatnot.

I walk back to my room and voila, here is the man sitting in my armchair looking out the window to the depressing snowy hills.

Now I kinda feel bad for him, I mean I hit the poor kid and all, and he is also adjusting to this whole “theres a girl spy!” thing too. So I close the door really quietly and walk up towards him.

He turns around and looks at me. Hes finally put a shirt on, a plain gray one that makes his emerald eyes pop out even more, the whole effect is wowing to say the least. He also has on some dark ripped jeans. Mm okay fine, he looked good, kill me for appreciating someone!

“Hey.” I say to him, “I thought you might like an ice pack or something.” Oh great Alice, thanks for rubbing in the fact that he is injured, and its because of you, he probably thinks you're a bragging idiot!

“Thanks. That was a good kick by the way.” he said smiling at me. Oh wow, look who's being civil!

“Thanks! I was born a kicker!” I say weakly. Oh god that was so lame! An I'm not even sure if thats correct! God knows who was there when I was born.

“I'm sure you were,” he says smiling at my embarrassment, “you wanna sit down?” he offers.

“Yeah sure.” I kind of jog/walk to the bed and plop myself down. God what happened to me! I was acting all weird. And then it had to get worse. There was this long awkward silence between us as we kind of just looked at each other.

“You know this is really weird.” I say breaking the silence.

“Yeah, you have no idea. So I'm assuming you have some questions?” he says to me, leaning back in the armchair.

“Umm yeah.” I say like the idiot I was, “So why did you not fight back? I know that you know how to fight, and you're good. So what was that back there?” I say looking at him.

He just sighs, leans his head all the way back in his chair, closes his eyes and smiles. Okay, not the reaction I was hoping for but whatever, its a reaction nonetheless.

“Yeah about that,” he says, still closing his eyes, “sorry for losing my temper at you in there, I almost hit you!” he says.

Wait. What? “Wasn't that the whole point of the exercise, to hit the other person?” I say totally confused.

“Umm yeah. But I couldn't hit you. It just seemed wrong.” he said finally opening his eyes and staring into mine.

That wasn't expected. It was actually kinda sweet that he didn't want to hurt me, but still it was an exercise wasn't it? I looked at him and he just smiled at me and put the ice pack to his cheek (which was dark red) and winced.

“Oh, sorry about that!” I say sheepishly. So yeah it turns out he didn't hit me cause it seemed wrong, probably cause I'm a girl, so I kinda felt bad for hitting him. I wanted to ask more questions but I didn't want to break the comfortable silence we were now sort of in. Both of us lost in our own thoughts.

I was thinking about the fight. I was trying to figure out what I would've done if I was the strong hot guy and Alex was the awesome ninja girl (wink wink). I would probably hesitate a little but I would probably still beat Alex, I mean Alexa up. Ha! I smiled at that thought, me beating up a female version of Alex. I started giggling out loud. The mental image was just so funny!

“What are you laughing at?” Alex smirks, with an evil glint in his eye.

“Oh nothing.” I say giggling even harder. Note to self, work on lying in front of hot guys.

“Whoa there, tell me! What were you laughing at?” He starts getting suspicious and gets off the couch.

“Honestly it was nothing!” I say, trying to sound convincing, its not helping that his smile is so addicting. He starts walking over to me, smiling the whole time.

“Come on, tell me! Or I swear I will tickle you!” he says threateningly all the while getting closer.

“I don't know what you are talking about!” I say innocently.

“That's it!” and with that he starts tickling my stomach with his hands. To say that I was ticklish would be an understatement. I immediately burst out laughing, moving my hands to shield my body from him but he was too fast and too strong for my laughing self.

I try moving my body away from him, in any way possible but its not working. His hands keep tickling my stomach! I lean back in the bed and try to kick him off of me but he just swats my legs away with his left hand and starts tickling me again.

“Tell me!” he says smirking at me, clearly enjoying.

“Never!” I say back to him. Ahh this tickling is too much, I need to breath! I launch an attack of my own, aiming for his stomach. It works and his hands immediately withdraw, leaving me gasping for air.

I look up at him but see that he is staring towards the doorway. I turn around just in time to see Gabbie taking a picture with her camera. What the hell? She quickly runs away giggling before I could run after her. She was taking pictures the whole time? God how embarrassing!

Alex seems to think the same and gets off of me (I didn't even realize he was on top of me to begin with) and helps me get up. Not that I needed help, but when a hot guy offers you his hand, you just don't say no.

We awkwardly nod at each other, not meeting the other persons eyes, then we climb in our respective sides of the messy bed and fall asleep.

Could this get more awkward?

What do you think?  Too weird? Too fast? Please reply...and vote! :D