Chapter 9 Intervention

New Chappie is heerrreee!  Finally we get to the action part of the story! 

After I apologized to the small man (whose name was Viktor), I went to see the dog itself. I had learned from the man that the huge dogs name was Butch. A name that fitted him quite well. I went up to him and reached forward, letting him sniff my hand, after that I tentatively reached forward and petted his enormous head. He seemed to like that because he started wagging his tail like crazy after that.

Happy that I made a new friend, I played tag with him for a while. A game consisting of me running around like a headless chicken screaming at the top of my lungs while he ran, and I mean ran after me. He won if he could jump on me and lick any part of my body and I won if I could just avoid getting run over by this moving mountain made of fur.

After awhile it got dark, even though its summer here, there still was a period of time when the sun set and you couldn't see much around you. So I said by to my tag-buddy, who was panting like crazy after our game, and headed to one of the smaller buildings that served as a dorm to the people inhabiting here.

Going inside , I was led to my small room that I would be staying in for some time. Usually people are supposed to share rooms, two in each, but since Gabbie was sharing with the driver (wink wink) I got the whole room to myself! That is if no one else showed up.

I walk in and see a single sized bed, enough for one person to sleep comfortably in. Another reason I was assigned this room, I was the smallest person here and this was the last bed they had. Being in North Siberia and in an isolated place, they couldn't get enough supplies up here. I was lucky enough to even have a bed.

I look around in the barren room, the walls were painted an attractive shade of dull gray (cough cough) and there was a small metal bed side table that went along with the metal frame of the bed. The white sheets were nicely made and looked comfortable despite everything else in the room.

I put my suitcase off to the side, up against one wall and got out my bathroom bag and my towel along with a fresh change of clothes. Its time to hit the communal showers.

Basically the whole purpose of me being in Russia was to improve my training, learn new things and to maintain what I already knew. Right now I was in the biggest building, in a gym of some sort. The walls were white and the entire floor was laid with blue mats.

Currently I was in weapons training class learning about new types of weapons. Right now I was learning how to use a Kukri, a wickedly heavy curled knife that originated from somewhere in or near Nepal. Despite it being really cool with the designs, the blade itself was hard to wield, the spine of the knife was over a centimeter thick while the bottom was thin and sharp, the whole knife was around the size of two of my hands. Since there was so much metal in the blade, the Kukri was really heavy but that came in handy as it was easier to slice and dice things with the advantage of the added weight.

There were two smaller versions of the blade, only a few centimeters long that served to sharpen the Kukri itself. All in all, this was a very fine weapon and I had a lot of fun practicing with it.

The only disadvantage was that I was the only girl in the class. Scratch that, I was the only person in the class. That is if you don't count the instructor. Being the only person meant more attention from the teacher which meant more humiliation. I also couldn't practice with anyone else because no one here wanted to go against me. I keep telling myself its because of how scared they are that I will beat them but I don't think thats the main reason why. Anyways, I would benefit from having another person in my class.

...

However, my class was interrupted when Franco came running up to me. Did I tell you he was back? So he runs up and he says “Hurry, theres an emergency! We need you!” Now if a person says that to you, you would obviously ask questions, who, what, why? Me? I just abandoned my Kukri and ran after him, pausing to grab my purple coat with fur lining at the door. Before I leave, I go into the equipment shed and grab an archers bow and a set of 30 arrows. At the last minute I also grab some retractable claws and hurry outside. I get into the hummer quickly buckling up beside Franco in the backseat while the driver and Gabrielle climb onto the front. Hmm, I wonder why she is coming, usually she just stays behind.

As soon as we're off, heading towards the snow covered hills I turn to Franco and ask him, “Whats the emergency?”

He looks back at me with a grave face and says, “One of our agents was out on a mission nearby and while traveling to the base, he got intercepted by some terrorists. It wasn't too bad and he managed to kill most of them but one of them called for backup and now theres an undetermined number out there after him and we need your help, we need to get that agent out of there.”

I nod at him, taking in the seriousness of the situation, the company spends millions of dollars training its agents to be the best, any loss is taken gravely. Once we get near to the site of the fighting, the Hummer stops behind a snowy hill and I quickly fasten on my claws, getting out of the car. I forgot what they really are called but since they look so much like claws, I just call them that. Basically they are these group of 5 wickedly sharp blades shaped just like a claw, you fasten them over each of your hands. After that, I strung my Bow and slung the Quiver, filled with arrows, over my back, checking the tension on the string.

I felt energized as Franco got out and climbed towards the top of the hill. Once he got near the top, he dropped down to his belly and took out a pair of binoculars, looking at whatever was on the other side of the hill. I listened closely and could hear men screaming as they fell to the ground, being recently injured. There was also the wet sound of a blade moving through soft flesh and I knew that whomever the agent was, he was using a long sword.

I moved up beside Franco, slinging the strung bow over my body, as soon as I got there, I saw a disturbing scene in front of me.

Around 30 men were attacking a lone figure in the middle dressed in black who kept fighting them with the sword I heard earlier. Actually, to say it was a sword would be putting it to shame, it was a Samurai sword, a blade that was as lethal as it was beautiful. The figure was flashing it around, trying to injure anyone who came close too him but even from here I could see that he was eventually going to lose. Time for me to intervene.

Tell me what you think! 

PS: In the next chapter you find out what Alex sort of looks like!  Finally found a picture!