Chapter 21 Lost and Found

Heya! So i have noticed an increase in the number of votes and its awesome! 

I would like to dedicate this chapter to SandlotSummer62 who voted for the previous chappie. Don't worry, if you voted you will get ur dedication! :D

To anyone else who is still reading this story...thanks!  You're awesome! :D

The next chappie will be done soon! :D

Chapter 21            Lost and Found

To say breakfast was awkward would be the understatement of the millennia.  My previous spunk and confidence had evaporated in the humid air and I was left with a more timid and shy version of myself.  This is not going to work.

I had walked back into the kitchen half an hour later all dried and clean to find Gabbie and Alex had started eating without me.  I took my seat at the wooden table and served myself some scrambled eggs and local fruit.  I kept my eyes on my plate and my plate only as I ate. 

Through my peripheral vision I could see they were doing the same.  I’m guessing Gabbie probably saw the whole thing and got it on camera.  I will have to delete the evidence later.  Alex was really quiet.  I think we were both surprised with how much control I had over him.  I didn’t mind though, I loved power. 

There was a loud knock on the front door and I quickly got up and ran towards it.  Anything to get me out of there.  Through the screen door I saw none other than Franco standing there surveying the scenery.  My mood changed instantly and I yanked the door open and hugged him.  He laughed and hugged me back. 

“Looks like you really missed me kiddo.” He said.  And in truth I had missed him.  Travelling with Alex was nothing but weird and Gabbie wasn’t exactly helping with what documenting all the situations between me and Alex.  Yes I know about the Hippo position.  Don’t ask how though.

“Oh you have no idea.” I said smiling back at him.  I picked up some of his luggage and carried it inside the house, setting it down just inside.

“How have you been? I heard you were having difficulties with Alex.” He said with concern.

“Oh I handled that.” I said, flashing him my guilty smile.  He knew me too well.

We then went on to eat an amazing meal with Alex and Gabbie, all the past ‘situations’ forgotten.  I was finally totally at ease knowing Franco had my back.  It was like a perfect solution to my problems.  Of course perfect comes with a price. 

….

By midday the sun was out again and drying up all the wet leaves and such.  I took this time to get out of the house and wander around by myself.  Shutting the screen door I made my way along the dirt path barefoot.  Why need shoes right? 

I was really admiring the beach whose sand was now all clean and tan colored.  The water was a little murky being mixed in with sand but that was due to the rain.  It would clear up pretty soon.  There were a few big fluffy clouds in the sky giving the atmosphere a nice happy vibe. 

Wearing jeans shorts and a white shirt, it was easy for me to dip my feet in the cool water and relax under the now hot sun.  I never want to leave.  There was this one big rock that jutted out of the water due to the low tide and I took a seat, pulling my legs up to my chest.

The water was pretty calm but that was because all the waves coming from open sea were hitting this barrier a kilometer from here.  The ocean wind played with my open hair underneath my straw hat and it was this great feeling.  I closed my eyes and smiled.  Who needs hot cocky guys anyways?

And speak of the devil.  Said person strolled out of the back porch and disappeared in the thick jungle surrounding the house.  I hope he gets lost. 

The wind picked up and I just smiled at the sound of the distant waves breaking at the surf.  What a wonderful day. 

Alex POV

What a stupid ass horrible day.  First Alice plays me like a guitar and now I was lost in this hopeless jungle.  Great.  Just Great.  I swatted my hand at a bunch of flies near my ear and looked around.  This was all Gabbie’s fault.

“Get me some guavas” she said.  “Don’t worry the guava tree is just outside.” She said.  I wandered over a kilometer and I haven’t seen any god forsaken guava trees yet.  I shook my head, what men do for women these days.

Up ahead I saw this mango tree and decided to scour the landscape looking for the oh so precious fruit.  I started climbing the tree, sticking to the strong branches and looked around.  I could make out the ocean from here and our own beach.  I also saw Alice sitting on a rock.  What the hell is she doing? 

Back to the task.  I was in the middle of the jungle and the house was over a kilometer away.  F*ck guavas.  Who eats them anyways?

I started down the tree and landed with a spring.  I made my way back to the house, finally bursting through the last of the dense trees. 

Looking over to Alice, I saw she was lying down on the rock, fast asleep.  This girl.

Who in their right mind sleeps under the hot sun at midday, especially on a rock that would soon be submerged by the oncoming high tide.  She must be really tired from our flight; otherwise she would be more careful. 

I scratched my head looking out towards her.  I could leave her there to be baked by the sun and then drowned by the high tide or I could bring her back in to the house.  I knew I should go for the latter but option one sounded so tempting.

Sighing I waded into the water.  It was cool and felt amazing.  As I got nearer to the rock I looked at Alice.  Her long thick hair was all over the place, framing her face and fanned out on the rock.  I picked her up being careful not to wake her up.  This is not fair, why should I get to be the nice guy though.  She had just played me and I was helping her out. 

Sighing, I walked away from the beach and towards the surf.  Payback time.  As soon as the water was up to my hips I dropped her in the water. 

Alice POV

Of course I wasn’t asleep.  Like really how can I fall asleep under the sun in the middle of the ocean.  Who in their right minds does that?  I was merely resting my eyes and enjoying the sun.

When Alex waded in I pretended to be sleeping so that we would avoid the whole awkward situation.  When he picked me up I was surprised, Alex could be nice?  And then he started walking in the wrong direction.  As the tips of my hair started getting wet and dragging on the surface of the water I began to freak out.  Maybe it was time I dropped the act.

No need to do that though, because the next second he dropped me.

I broke free of the surface and gasped for air.  My hair was plastered on to my face and shoulders and my clothes were heavy with the salty water.

He was smiling at me when he said, “Good morning sleepy head.” And then his eyes wandered lower to the rest of my body.

That was when I became aware of two things.  One, I had lost the straw hat somewhere sometime.   Two, I was wearing a white shirt that was completely drenched and see through right now.  It didn’t help that I was wearing a bright white bra underneath.

I looked back at him in shock.  His mouth was slightly open and his eyes were on my chest.  Such a pervert!  I turned away from him and folded my arms across my chest.  Why am I the only one who has to deal with perverted guys?

“Can you please go away?” I said, looking down at the water.  I heard nothing and then awhile later I felt the fabric of his shirt as he rested it on my shoulders. I accepted it and put my hands through the sleeves of his light blue cotton shirt.  I buttoned up and turned around.

“Thank you.” I said looking up at him.

“No problem.  Sorry for dropping you in the water.” He said to me.

I smiled and said, “Sorry for playing you back there.” 

He scowled at me and said, “Let’s just call it even.”

“Sounds good” I said.

“Shall we?’ he said, extending his hand to me.

“We shall.” I smiled taking his hand and we made our way back to the beach, our previous rivalries forgotten just for the moment.

What do you think?  I know its short but i will be uploading more regularly from now on!  So vote, comment....maybe fan :D One more thing,,,i looovvveee you Farmaaxo....you're the reason this book made it this far! ur awesome!

Dont forget to check out the prologue of my other story, "Do you believe in Magic" and tell me what you think.  The title is crappy i know but i will change it!

Have a great day! :D