Chapter 27 Kiss the Girl

• Dedicated to Michelle Ondari

Mwuhahhahaa!  Please don't hate me for the kinda cliffhanger.  Uploading soon!  Love y'alls for reading! 

Chapter 27 Kiss the Girl

To say waking up in Alex’s lap in the morning was awkward would be a bit of an understatement. I tumbled out of our little cave and got tangled up in the blanket we had shared. He woke up, took in my shocked expression and chuckled.

“I could get used to waking up like this.”

Oh yeah trust him to get all cocky. I giggled. Cocky.

“I think this jungle is doing something to you. You’ve never laughed like that before.” He said.

I think he was on to something there. I had been acting more carefree in the jungle. But I liked the new Alice. She got to have fun.

 There are perks to being in a jungle other than getting drunk. For one thing, there’s the privacy. And the cuddling time with the blond hottie. Honestly I liked the jungle better than any other place.

We feasted on the wet bananas from the nearby tree. I giggled as he passed me a couple. “Boy these are some HUGE bananas.” I said laughing. He didn’t feel that hungry after that.

“They’re really hard too.” I whispered to him. He caught on and winked at me.

“Only the best for you.” He said smiling.

Wow, that was one good looking smile

Around an hour or so later we decided to rest our dirty and exhausted bodies under the much needed shade of a huge orange tree. There was a fallen limb jutting out from the grassy ground which was just perfect for sitting on. So we did.

While munching on the small juicy oranges we got stuck on the topic of our past missions. He was telling me about this stakeout he did in a rural village in China. I couldn't help but notice how interested he was and how he came alive when talking. His eyes shone like jewels that framed his chiseled face. Seriously people should consider sculpting his face as the face (and body) of a Greek god.

A breeze blew by, temporary relieving us from the insane heat wave which made his hair fly in crazy directions, just like my heart. Honestly this boy knows to to play my strings, and I'm talking about stuff as small and menial as his hair.

He started laughing (probably at his own joke) and I laughed along with god knows what he said. When we had stopped laughing he looked at me and said, “You know I just dissed you right? You weren't even paying attention.” My eyes widened. Whoops. “Someone on your mind?” He asked, waggling his eyebrows.

My eyes were wide open and my mouth hung open, gaping like a fish. “No!” I said finally.

And then we starting laughing again. Whatever, it wasn't like he didn't know he was worth gawking at or something. The breeze ceased along with the light mood. He started looking nervous for some reason. “You know,” he started to say all the while fiddling with my hand, tracing lines or just weaving his fingers through mine, how his hands got there I couldn't even recall. “I wouldn't...no, I couldn't picture a better person to be out here with.” As honest as it had seemed I knew that wasn't what he wanted to tell me.

Unconsciously I scooted closer to him just as the wind picked up again making the leaves in the jungle rustle and it seemed like we were in the eye of our own mini-hurricane, just the two of us. It was, dare I say it, almost magical. Like we were in our own little world.

“Okay,” I whispered to him, “What did you really want to tell me?” He looked down to where he was fiddling with my fingers and after what felt like eternity, he looked up at me. We were so close that if I wanted to I could lean forward and kiss him.