Chapter 11 Great Killers, Bad Spies

Chapter 11

So I was sitting in the hummer, trying not to be conscious of the boy sitting next to me.  Let me emphasize the word 'trying'.  I kept sneaking sideways glances at him, secretly checking him out.  I mean all the other situations we have been in, I was sort of busy, you know killing people and escaping and trying to disguise myself that I didn't get to observe him much.  Yeah I know, it sounds like a science project but you can't blame a girl for being curious.

Back to checking him out.  His jawline was very well defined, his lightly tanned skin flawless.  He was wearing a black beanie thing on his head, his now longer blond hair sticking out of the front, over his forehead and into his emerald eyes.  Speaking of, they were staring straight back at mine!  Uh-oh caught!!

I quickly turned around, looking at the vivid scenery outside the window instead, all the while embarrassed that he had caught me ogling at him.  I mean he might get the wrong idea and think that I was secretly fantasizing about him when I really was not.

“Like what you are seeing?” he says smirking at me.  Like I said, him thinking about me secretly fantasizing about him, wow, could his ego get any bigger.  Boy he had it coming for him.

I turn around and smile, quickly running my eyes over his body, I look into his eyes and say “Nah.  I've seen better.” All the while I was shaking my head in disappointment.

He looks shocked, and quickly recovers to say “Yeah sure, that explains the full blown ogling.”

Uh oh, how do I reply to that? “How would you know I was looking at you if you weren't staring at me in the first place.” I say, happy that I at least had a comeback. 

He just smirks at me again and looks out the window.  Ha! Won that battle!  Score one for Alice!  But then again, I need to come up with better disses.  I mean who says that anymore?

Looking down at my hands, I take off my newly cleaned claws and set them on the empty seat in between Alex and me.  He looks curious and picks one up and starts admiring it.  Looks like the kid hasn't seen one of those in awhile. 

After taking both claws off, I look down at my hands.  I was wearing thin woolen gloves but even that didn't protect me from the feathers of a few of the arrows cutting me on my left hand, right at the base of my pointer finger.  The feathers had apparently torn through the gloves and my skin, leaving a thin long angry looking gash that hurt as bad as a paper cut, it was even bleeding a little. 

I took my gloves off and examined the wound, it hurt like hell but I was lucky to have come out of this slaughter with only this wound. 

I know this sounds weird but I was proud of the gashes, its sort of like my battle scars, haha, don't judge me, I'm weird that way.

Looking up at one of the rear-view mirrors, I saw Gabbie was smiling at me from the front passenger seat.  It was one of those evil smiles like the ones you get from your friends when your crush walks by you.  Nu-uh, that was not happening. 

I nod a no, glaring at her.  She just shrugs at me and mouths “You never know”.  Trust Gabbie to get involved in my nonexistent love life.

This is getting a little weird.  I mean my whole life with working with the company, I thought I was the only teenager assassin, but now, Alex shows up and he's around my age (I think) and he is what I am.  I felt like my life won't be the same again.

My spirits got uplifted as soon as I saw the base.  Home sweet home (insert sarcasm here).  As soon as the Hummer stopped, I grabbed my weapons, snatching the claws out a pissed off Alex and proceeded to the storage barn to dispose of them. 

I was sort of having mixed feelings about Alex and I didn't want to spend unnecessary time with the kid, I mean who knows what he can do.  I just saw him kill like fifteen terrorists with a freaking samurai sword for crying out loud, excuse me for wanting some distance between us!

As soon as I got to the middle of the empty snowy space in between the Hummer and the barn, I heard a bark and turned around just in time to see Butch jump onto me.  Now as I said before, Butch was, well, very Butchy and he ended up knocking me down, just saying, one hell of a violent dog, who goes around knocking unsuspecting people down just for fun?

So I'm falling down with an angry expression in my face, my hands flailing around having already thrown my weapons on the snow and I see Alex step out of the Hummer from the corner of my eye. 

Noticing all the commotion Butch is causing, he looks up, confusion written on his face which soon turns into laughter as he doubles over laughing his ass off. 

I fall on my back with a loud “oof!” Butch, being the large friendly dog he is, starts licking my face unaware of just how much embarrassment he has caused me. The saliva from the dog freezes on my wet cheeks which just adds on to my anger.  Boy is this my day today.

I quickly shove the giant beast off of me and bend down to pick up my quiver and claws, all the while swearing in my head.  (And let me tell you, I was using all the big words a lady shouldn't use to describe the idiot who was trying to gain his breathing back after recently laughing his lungs off.)

Was it even that funny?  I mean people get knocked over by huge dogs all the time, right?  I sent an evil glare in his direction, which promptly shut him up, and continued going to the barn. 

Butch, sensing something was wrong with me, followed with his tail tucked in between his legs, whining at me. 

I kind of felt sorry for him, I mean he probably thought we were still playing our tag game.  Aww, poor doggy!  I quickly reached across and petted his large head.  This made all his regret go away and he became excited again, running in circles around me. 

I couldn't help but laugh out loud, thats why I loved dogs, they're so compassionate and kind.  I mean Butch didn't care about how many people I had killed, or the amount of families that I destroyed...

I shook my head trying to get rid of these thoughts, boy was I blabbering on today!  That's what I normally do in situations, talk to myself.  Its kinda beginning to worry me.  Smiling to myself, I stepped into the barn, putting everything back and went into the building that I slept in. 

Such a long day today, all I wanted to do was slip under the covers and go to sleep, sadly, my wish is no ones command.

So, Whaddya think?  Please pretty please with a cherry on top comment on my story.  Or if you like it can you vote for it!  Or you can make my day and fan me! (yeah that seems like a far stretch but i can dream rite?)

haha, anyways, vote, comment and fan!

Love you guys!