Chapter 15 The Epitome of Chivalry

• Dedicated to Komal Mesvani

Sort of tried to upload sooner! Sorry am still working on it! :D

Enjoy!

Chapter 15

The day was crawling by. Besides practicing training in the gym, I had seen Alex multiple times, much to my annoyance. That boy was everywhere at once, he was practicing archery, playing with MY butch (who seemed to love him too) and throwing knives onto moving targets among other things. Every single time I looked around I saw him doing something new, but always in my line of sight. It was like he was trying to annoy me all over again. He's doing a pretty good job so far.

It was due to this that I was delighted when one of my teachers told me I would be participating in an open arms combat with him. Yes! Finally I get to kick his ass once and for all!

So I made my way into the gym again after standing outside and started warming up a little, running a couple laps and stretching. Lets see how strong this guy really is!

He walked in like he owned the place, wearing nothing but black pants. Like seriously! We're somewhere in Russia in freezing temperatures and boy can't keep his shirt on! Asshole probably just wanted to show off. But still, I gotta say, he had awesome abs! I was totally jealous!

“Sup, I haven't seen you all day.” he says casually to me. I just raise one eyebrow at him. Funny how I have been seeing him all day then. He just smirks at me then goes up to say hi to my instructor. Oh how I would love to kick his ass!

We make our way to the blue mats in the center of the gym, all the while drawing more attention from the seven or so people that were there. Its not everyday in our company that two teens fight each other. They knew we both were good, there was no doubt about that, the real question was who was better.

….

As per our instruction, we faced each other on opposite ends of the mat. He started walking to his right and I did the same, all the while studying him and his movements.

He walked very smoothly, his body language portrayed that he was at ease. I probably looked the same, it was part of my training, don't let your enemy think you are scared of them. Besides, its easier to fight when your body is more relaxed.

I made eye contact with him. His green eyes were analyzing me, taking in each and every one of my movements, if I stumble or make one wrong step its my funeral.

I did the same, his hands were out in front of him, fisted and acting as a shield for his upper body. As for me, I just walked around with my hands moving loosely at my sides, I would like to see him try to even touch me. Yes I was overconfident, but I had my reasons.

He suddenly darted forward and tried to punch my stomach with his right hand, I easily deflected the blow with my left hand and countered back with a low kick to his shin.

My foot made contact with air and I realized he was really fast, maybe even faster than me. I felt it before I saw the roundhouse kick coming and moved out of the way, just in time too. Ah so he's really fast.

I now stood facing him, concentrating on his movements as he started to recover from the kick, it had only been a few seconds but I should have hurt him by now. I twisted my body and did a high kick with m left foot, aiming for his chest but he quickly recovered and caught my foot. Ah, that's not good.

He looked up at me and smiled. Shit that's soo not good. But then I had a plan. I smiled back really sweetly at him and lifted my other foot in the air, twisting my body in midair and kicked him in the face with my right foot, which had been on the ground. He let go of my left foot as my shoe made contact with his cheek, I did a perfect twist in midair and landed neatly on my hands and feet, quickly getting up.

I heard applause from the people that were gathered there, which I accepted with a smile. My instructor nodded at me. Oh I was just getting started! I looked at Alex to see him recover from the kick. He was standing up, his left cheek deep red, anger in his now black eyes. He spit out blood to the side, meaning I probably got a good hit on him.

His eyes screamed murder and it intimidated me a little, I haven't ever seen him this angry. It made me want to go hide under a rock. But no, I wasn't backing down, not without a fight.

“You're going to pay for that ...” he said, his voice low and menacing. He ran towards me and jumped in the air, intending to do a sort of flying punch to my face, no way is he even going to get close to it! I sidestep his advance and instead latch on to his back, putting my hands onto his shoulders, my legs flying up in the air. Both of us were airborne at this moment, him falling face first to the ground, me holding on for the ride.

I dug my nails in and kneed him in the lower back. He fell to the ground and I got up again. He was holding his lower back, his face contorted in pain. This was too easy.

He looked up again, the black still in his eyes, an indicator that he's dangerous. “Back off Alice! What are you doing!” my instincts shouted at me, but I didn't listen.

He got up and glared at me. Then he ran at me again. This time he was closer and I was rooted to the ground, too overconfident in myself. He tackled me rugby style, aiming his upper body around my stomach.

All the air escaped my system as his strong hands grappled around my waist, holding on tightly. And then I was falling backwards, too shocked to do anything. He landed heavily on top on me, literally crushing me with his weight, his heavy muscles holding me down.

I was about to do something to get this monstrosity off of me when I heard Gabbie yelling “C'mon guys! Do the Hippo!” from the sidelines. What the hell is a hippo? Is it some sort of position or stance? Maybe some sort of Dance? How come I never heard of it before now? I looked up at Alex and he was giving her a weird look. Huh? Guess he never heard of it too.

I got confused and started going through the mental dictionary in my head, thinking of all the positions and Alex saw this opportunity. I was distracted, he wasn't.

If I were him I would've taken full advantage and kicked or punched him or something. I wouldn't just stand up and hold my hand out for the other person. Which is exactly what Alex did. What the hell?

I took his outstretched hand and let him pull me up, confusion written on my face. Why didn't he attack me? His eyes were back to being green again and he looked normal, whatever happened to making me pay for it?

He let go of my hand and walked away, away from our fight, away from the suddenly silent crowd, away from me. I stood there staring blankly after him thinking what is wrong with this kid?

I didn't see Alex for the rest of the day. It was like he was avoiding me. And with good reason, I was probably going to question him to death. Why did he stop fighting? Why did he not hurt me, I knew he could have hurt me but he never did directly. I remember now how he just ran at me, we had gotten the same training and we never do that, not unless we are armed and sure of ourselves, he was neither. He would know that but why did he do it anyways? I was so confused!

I got knocked over by Butch again so I just lay on the snow looking up at the clouds in the sky. It was cold but I tired not to think about it. Butch left after he saw that I wasn't going to play with him and I appreciated the time alone to think.

My life had changed so much in the past few days and I had just gone along with it. I didn't even feel comfortable anymore. Alex just comes in and changes everything. I wasn't unique anymore, what I believed in my whole life got overturned by this one guy that shows up. It wasn't a good feeling.

Eventually the little fluffy clouds were replaced by big dark threatening clouds that took over the whole sky. The landscape grew darker and with it my mood.

I quickly got up and ran inside, wanting to get away from this foreign place. I just wanted normal, too bad I'm never going to get it.

Vote, fan, and comment....oh and like! :D

will upload soon...hopefully!