Chapter 10 Against all Odds

Heeerree is the next chappie! Enjoy!! :D

 Alex --->

Chapter 10 Against all odds

Franco rushed back down the hill as I unslung my bow and stood up to get a better view.  The terrorists carried short swords, I could see pistols on the snow, the empty bullet shells scattered like fallen leaves on a tree.  Evidently they had run out of bullets.  I fingered one arrow and knocked it on the string, putting three fingers, one above and two below the arrow and drew the string, pulling it to my face and held that position while I looked for my first target.

None of them had seen me yet but all that would change as soon as I hit the first person, so I had to choose carefully.  I had an advantage though, all of them were using daggers so they couldn't get me from my vantage point.

I decided to go for a big hairy man that was closest to the agent.  I stopped breathing and aimed.  Breathing out again I released the arrow and saw that it went straight for the man's chest.  The red feathered black arrow stood out against the white of the snow and everyone paused to look at the man who had cried out and fallen to the ground, mysteriously killed.  Noticing the arrow, they all looked up and saw me.  It was kind of comical the way they all moved their heads at the same time but I was least worried about that. 

Briefly I caught sight of the agent, he looked really young but I couldn't say from this distance.  Speaking of distances, the terrorists split up and about five of them started running towards me.  Personally I was kind of offended, I mean only five?

I quickly knocked another arrow and fired at the nearest guy, he fell back, an arrow protruding from the center of his head.  I fired again but I missed, the arrow soaring above their heads.  Its been awhile since I last practiced.

Not losing concentration, I knocked and fired again, hitting one of them in the leg, she fell down screaming.  I would have to finish her off later.

I quickly killed all the other people coming after me, and threw aside my bow and the quiver of arrows.  Time to get physical.

I checked to make sure that I still had on my claws.  They were there, looking very sharp and lethal, glittering in the Russian sun.  I sort of felt like Wolverine from X-men.  Then I looked up again and sprinted flat out down the hill using my momentum to thrust the blades on my left hand into the neck of the screaming women, silencing her immediately. 

I pulled the blades out, making blood squirt out of her severed neck arteries, the snow turning bright red from the oxygenated blood.  The claw, I noticed was now stained a dark red instead of the shiny steel they used to be.  I continue running and building up more momentum and ran towards a bald man, jumping up onto his back and grabbing onto his torso using my legs.  He had no time to push me off as I sank the long claws of both hands into his chest between his ribcage.  He screamed in agony as I pushed further, penetrating his lung and heart.  That caught the attention of the agent who turned around and looked at me for a split second. 

He must've seen a girl assaulting a man who was more than twice his age.  Her legs wrapped around him and her hand blades cutting into him, her long brown hair swinging as he tried to break free.  Then the agents eyes widened as he stared at my face, seeing him, I mirrored his reaction.  The agent was Alex.

We nodded at each other, acknowledging each others presence, no time for questions right now.  He then quickly turned around and swung at a woman with short brown hair, severing her head in a single blow. 

I was so surprised that he was here that I dropped the man, who crumpled to the ground, dead.  What was Alex doing here? 

Loud yelling snapped me out of my thoughts as I saw a man rush towards me, his dagger held above his head.  I waited for the right moment and side stepped at the last second.  As he barreled by, I struck him on the back which caused him to arch his back, yelling out in pain.  I pulled the blades out and like  the two other people I stabbed, the blades came out easily, making a wet sloshing sound as the man fell on the floor, his right hand holding his back in clear agony.