Chapter 25 Their little Adventure

Je suis desolee pour not uploading sooner.  If it helps I've already written out the next chapter and its called "Say Goodbye to my Heart" and boy do i like it! Dedication to an awesome friend, you should go and read his story "12 and Counting" its also about teenage assassins and don't tell him but he prettymuch stole ideas from me! (if you're reading this mich then too bad) Anywho enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 25    Their little adventure

We smelled kinda funky in the morning.  Personally I blame the long hike yesterday.  But god I wanted a shower!  I made a vow that the next body of water I saw I was going to strip and bathe myself…in front of a very shocked Alex probably.

When I woke up in the morning I made a resolution.  I didn’t care anymore.  I was going to be free and do whatever I wanted and forget about the consequences.

That horrifying night had taught me something, you don’t know when you are going to die.  I was lucky I was still alive, so I decided to stop controlling myself so much.  I wanted to live my own freaking life.  Hell, if I wanted to run around naked, I would! 

Alex kept shooting me weird glances as we packed up and started hiking again.  “You okay?” he said to me.

“Never been better!” I smiled at him and on impulse kissed his cheek.  Oh yeah, I was liking the new Alice!

Alex was shocked to say the least but secretly I think he was enjoying it.  “Payback for Siberia.” I said, thinking about the time he had kissed my neck.  Mmm, I’m going to enjoy myself.

“Hey, if that’s what you call payback, I think I need a lot more punishing.” Alex said, winking at me. 

I smiled and walked on.  What can I say, the kid was hot!  And he kinda grows on you.  Not that I minded…

Around midday we stopped for a brief lunch break.  We had finished our sandwiches for breakfast so technically we were all out of food.  It didn’t matter though because there were plenty of fruits and stuff in the jungle.  I was craving coconuts though.

Setting my stuff down I gripped my machete in between my teeth and started to climb a coconut tree.  Now I’m not one to brag or anything but climbing a coconut tree takes skill. 

Once I reached the top, I took the machete out of my sore teeth and hacked at the vine-like thing that held a bunch of big green coconuts.  It went crashing down, nearly hitting Alex but he jumped out of the way.   I cracked up, the look on his face.  Priceless.

“You could have fucking killed me!” Alex shouted from the ground.

“But I didn’t!  So stop making a fuss.  Besides, I’m getting lunch for you so don’t upset the cook!” I yelled back at him.

“Like you’re cooking something!  Cutting up coconuts don’t count Bessie!” he yelled.

“Shut up or I swear I will actually drop some on your head next time.”

“I’d like to see you try.” He said smirking at me.  Arrogant bastard.  But a hot one at that.

I put the machete in between my teeth again and got down. “So, what would you like for lunch, we have grilled chicken, beef stew and vegetable fried rice?” I said to him, picking up 3 different coconuts.

“Wow what happened to you?  You sure you’re not on drugs?” He said looking at me suspiciously.  Honey if I were on drugs I would be jumping you right now.

“Course not!  I’m just in a really good mood!” I said to him, sticking my tongue out.

“Ookaaay.  But I want the beef stew.” He said.

I smiled and dropped the second coconut to the ground and got down on my knees.  One serve of coconut coming right up.  I took my machete and started hacking at one end of the coconut until I got to the shell.  Then I cut some odds and ends off to make the surface of the shell more visible and smooth.  After that I held the coconut, shell side up, in my left hand and taking the machete I hacked through the shell making a small opening at the top. 

Coconut water squirted at me as I made the opening and I burst out laughing.  Hmm maybe I am on drugs.  I handed the coconut to a very shocked Alex and cut one up for myself.

After we were done drinking the water I cut both of ours in half and fashioned spoons from what I had hacked away earlier and ate the soft flesh inside.  Honestly I preferred this to the sandwiches we had eaten earlier. 

“Next round’s on me.” Alex said, getting up to hack at more coconuts.  I sat on the ground and watched him work.  Boy I could get used to a view like this!  We were both wearing plain white tees and dark pants that were waterproof and fireproof. 

The shirt fit him just right and his dog tags fell out.  “What’s your last name?” I asked, suddenly curious.

“Now why would I tell you that?” he said, smirking at me.

“Because I want you to.” I said.

He rolled his eyes at me and said, “I don’t have a last name.  I was raised in an orphanage.”

Oh.  So I guess we really were similar. 

“You? What’s your last name?” he asked, handing me a coconut.

“Never really had one.  Raised in an orphanage.” I said and took a long sip.

He stood there thinking for a second.  I let him do all the thinking as I finished my coconut while peeking at him now and then.  He looked so cute when he was deep in thought.

“Come on, we should get going.” He said, offering me his hand.  I took it and he hoisted me up and we continued on our way.

Evening came and we made a small campfire again.  The coconuts for lunch had been very filling so we didn’t eat dinner.  Instead we rolled out our sleeping bags next to each other and stared at the fire in silence.

“Tell me something that no one knows about you.” Alex said, suddenly looking at me.

“umm I’m a scorpio?” I said, more of a question than a statement.

He laughed. “Doesn’t surprise me.” He muttered under his breath.

“What did you say?” I growled, my eyes narrowing. 

He changed the subject and asked, “So, how did you get into the business?”

I lay down on my sleeping bag and looked up at the stars.  “Adopted around six by crazy looking woman.  You?”

When he didn’t reply I looked down at him deep in thought, “What are you thinking?” I asked.

He turned to look at me for the longest time; I met his gaze and stared back all the while trying to figure out what he was thinking.  “Alex?”

“Do you know the name of the company?” He asked all of a sudden.  I nodded my head no.  Nobody did, everyone just knew it as the company, no specific name.  I hadn’t really bothered to find out either.

“Do you even know what the company does? What it specializes in?” He asked.  Again I nodded no.  I was starting to see where he was going with this.  I didn’t know what the company did, I just did my part which was doing whatever they told me to.  Honestly I didn’t know much about the company I worked for most of my life. 

“I was adopted by a woman when I was six.” Alex said, “I don’t think this is a coincidence Alice, I think this is what they do.  They adopt children from orphanages, children that don’t have anyone who will notice when they are gone, children without last names and they train them to be killers, just like us.”

I guess I had always known that deep down but then I kept thinking that I was the only one, the only teenage assassin, and then I had met Alex.  And all my assumptions went out the window.  I never bothered finding out what the company did but now that he said it I knew he was speaking the truth.  We worked for a company that turned innocent children into killers. 

I didn’t want to work for the company anymore, they hid Franco’s death from us and now we find out what they really are doing.  I didn’t even feel regret as I had walking into the jungle yesterday.  But then what will I do?  Here I was a teenage girl without any proper education except in the field of how to kill and torture people, how will I adapt to a world without the company guiding my step? 

“After all this is over, I’m leaving the company.” I said, my mind already set on the plan that was forming in my mind. 

“I’m coming with you” Alex said, smiling at me.  I smiled at him as he lay down beside me.  At least I wasn’t alone.  No this is going to be our adventure together.  Just like the one we were on now.   

I scooted closer to him and hugged him.  He hugged me back and once again I was glad I wasn’t alone anymore.  I yawned, I should get some sleep but I didn’t feel like letting go of him, so I didn’t.

“I think I like you.” I blurted out and he chuckled.

“I think I like you too.” He said and then we both fell asleep.

Please vote and comment!  If you really like it and want to make my day then fan! :D

Btw I love you guys for reading my work!