Angie

Chapter 11 

ANGIE P.O.V

My head. My head was pounding. It hurt even more just to think and try to remember what happened.

I was laying in a bed. I immediately sat straight up, regretting it when my head was throbbing to the point where I had to clutch it. As soon as the pain dyed down I studied my surroundings.

I was in a big room. With a queen bed. There was simple furniture in there but one dark corner stuck out. I looked over and saw a shadow. A shadow of a girl sitting. I gained my courage and spoke up.

"W-who are y-you?" I stuttered feeling nervous. It's a bad habit I have. I bit my lip, another bad habit. She just laughed.

"You put a knife to my throat three hours ago and you already forgot me?" She laughed again, shaking her head.

I silently cursed myself for even attempting to get some money,I needed some so I could skip town. I spent one night trying to think of what I could do.

So I came up with the idea of robbing someone. I spotted these two girls who were walking out of a store with tons of bags. And You know what happened from there.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to. I just needed the money and I wasn't thinking straight-" I rambled on.

"I'll believe you, but first you need to tell me about your wings. Are they your only power?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I also have super strength and healing" I said swinging my legs over the bed.

"Interesting" she mumbled.

"Mm-hm" I agreed shaking my head.

"Have you ever used your powers on someone?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"I used my strength on this kid at my school and I healed myself if that counts" I said.

"And what exactly happened to that kid?" She asked taking a sudden interest in me.

"He's dead" I just shrugged my shoulders. It means nothing to me now. I've just accepted the fact now.

She nodded her head and walked out of the room leaving me in silence. I got out of the bed and put my feet on the cold, hard floor. I quietly walked over to the door, listening to their conversation.

"Angel, she has more than just wings. She has strength and healing" she said. I'm guessing the other girl is Angel.

"Well, she's different. Most supers don't have three powers" she said referring to me.

"It's more of a physical trait than a power." I said as I stepped out of the doorway. They turned their heads in my direction.

"You sure are a brave one aren't you" Angel said, stepping forward.

"In some situations" I said, taking a step towards her.

"Well, since you're feeling better, I'm guessing you want to go home now?" She offered.

"Well, what if I don't have I home?" I said.

"For how long" she said to me.

"All my life" I said, crossing my arms.

"Excuse us for a second" Angel said, grabbing the other girls arm and leading her away. I must say, their voices are not very quiet.

"Should we let her stay here" one of them said.

"If it's fine with you, I just trust her for some reason." The other said.

"Me too. It's weird, I've never trusted anyone this quick before. Except for maybe you but I just met her. Even seeing her I just trusted her." The first one said. I smiled a bit at that.

"We can let her stay here for a bit and if she's not any trouble, she maybe able to stay. If that alright with you. This is your house after all." The other one said.

"It's ok with me" the first one said.

"Ok let's go ask." The other said, then I heard a few footsteps and they were in front of me.

"I know you were listening" the one who's name I did not know.

"What's your name then?" I said.

"Wren" she replied.

"That's a nice name. Very exotic. Both of your names are unusual. I hate my name. It's just plain old Angie and sorry I'm rambling again." I blushed, shutting myself up.

"It's fine. Bringing up the topic of houses, how would you like to live here for a bit. Maybe even long-term?" She offered with Angel nodding.

"Really? I would love that" I smiled at them. "Thank you" I said running up and hugging them. Wren flinched at my touch so I backed away then I ran into what I assumed was my room and left them there, speechless.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hey guys! First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! You guys deserve it. Second, I don't know why, but I was writing this in a British accent. Does anyone else do that? Moving on, Angie finally has a home!!! Please vote/comment/fan and bless you if you sneezed during this.  

~The party is OUT~