Angel

I lay wide awake in bed. I had this nagging feeling in my head, telling me to leave the house and run and hide. The truth is that I have trust issues. I honestly don't trust anyone since my grandma's death. So far, I had only made up my mind on one thing. Angie was absolutely not joining the Dark Side. She was way too innocent.

"Uggggg." I rolled over and tapped my clock to make it light up. It was 4:25. I looked at the date. Monday. Too bad I really didn't want to attend school.

I got dressed in a t-shirt and jeans. I pulled on my combat boots and walked over to Wren's room. I knocked quietly on the door.

"What. The. Hello. Do. You. Want." Wren looked plain murderous in her pajamas and wild bed hair.

I stifled a laugh. "Just here to give you a short tour of the house. We don'tn't want you getting lost, now do we?" I smirked.

"Fine," Wren yawned, "Just give me a second."

Ten minutes later she walked downstairs.

"Where to?" She still looked sleepy.

"I'm just going to show you my favourite the part of the house: the lair." I moved to the old sofa by the wall. I pushed the cushion up and gestured to the empty space.

"Jump in."

"Uhh..." She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Just do it. It's a slide." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine."

She lowered herself in. I waited a couple seconds and then followed her down.

"OMG," Wren turned in a full circle taking everything in. The room was extremely large and about two stories high. On the walls were weapons, gadgets, and other good stuff. The Dark Side had installed it after I had joined.

"It's amazing," Wren breathed.

"You can enjoy it later. Right now," I glanced at my watch, "we have to wake Angie up. There's a ladder over there."

We climbed up and walked to Angie's room. I knocked on the door. Angie answered the door, fully dressed.

"What's up guys?" Angie asked.

"Just here to give you a tour of the house." I gestured her to follow me.

I showed them the kitchen, the art room, the garden, and the exercise room in the attic.

"You both are going to have to go to school tomorrow," I told them as I ended the tour.

"Do we have to?" Wren made a face.

"Yep," I said popping the "p". " I don't really trust you both with the house."

"And cuz misery loves company," joked Angie.

I let out a laugh. "Well there was supposed to be school today but, being the kind and nice person I am, I let us all skip today."

Wren and Angie snorted and laughed a little at that statement.

"Anyways," I continued ignoring the giggles, "it's time for breakfast."

Wren and Angie both cheered as I led the way to the kitchen. And for the first time years, I are breakfast with other people.

Hello my peeps! We got 1k reads! Thank you all much for reading and voting!!!! This means a lot to all of us. Plz continue reading, voting, commenting, and following! Right now The Geeksters have a serious question that we need to ask: Which cookies are the best: Dark Side, Defenders, or the Rogues? Please leave your thoughts in the comments and if you are a Geeksters member, please don't answer the question. Thanx and peace out everyone.

(::) (::) (::) (::) I made you all some free samples to try out! ~ Angel :)