Angel

I hummed absentmindedly to the music that poured from my ear buds as I followed Angie and Wren to the training room.

“Angel, can I talk to you?” Bella said from behind me.

I’d been so caught up in the music; I hadn’t heard Bella’s footsteps until she was only about three feet away.

“Sure.” I pulled and my ear buds and nodded at Wren and Angie to go on without me.

“So what’s up?” I asked as Bella and I walked out of hearing range.

“Why do you hate me so much?” Bella blurts out.

“Let’s see,” I tap my chin as if I’m thinking really hard. “First of all you’re peppy and annoying. Second of all-“

“I get it, you have a whole list. What’s the main reason?” She demanded.

I paused for a minute. The truth is the reason I hated Bella so ,much was because I was always a little jealous of her but there was no way I was going to tell her that. I’d rather use the school toilets.

“You aren’t going to tell me?” Bella arched an eyebrow.

“Maybe another time,” I answered slightly uncomfortable.

 “Well this is awkward,” Bella muttered under her breath.

“Agreed.”

“So...”

“Um...”

Both of us stood in the hallway, unsure of what to do.

 “How much do you trust me?” I asked.

“What?”

“Wait a sec.” I sprinted up the steps and grabbed my red backpack from the closet. Then I raced back to where Bella was standing, looking a little confused.

“Angel, what’s going on?”

“Let’s go!” I grabbed her arm and dragged her after me.

“Where are we going?” she asked as I hailed a cab

“We are going to do something that involves graffiti and a wall.”

“ANGEL.”

“What?”

I dragged her to the cab and told the driver to take us to “The West Side.

”The West Side” was the western part of New York City (duh) and was generally the rougher part of the city.