Street lights- Luke xx (1/2)

It was a very snowy night, it had only started an hour ago but the roads and sidewalks were completely covered. Street lights were shining down, reflecting off of the ground. The sky was bright for the time of night that it was, one of the beauties of a snowy night. You and Luke were out driving, enjoying the atmosphere of the snow. It was one of those odd nights where it seemed like you were the only people on the planet. Everyone else had gone home and locked their doors, sitting by the fire. Luke noticed that your car was nearly out of gas so you pulled over to a gas station. While the car was filling, you and Luke walked around, admiring the flakes as they fell to the cold pavement or melted on your warm coats. He laughed as you scooped up snow and threw it at him. He mimicked you, nearly missing but hitting your arm. You danced around in the snow, something you loved since you were a child. Continuing to spin, you misjudged where the end of the sidewalk was and you were now in the middle of the road. Noticing the distance, you looked at Luke "Look! I'm in the middle of the road and I'm dancing!" you said, spinning in your spot still. He smiled at you, shaking his head, It was one of those moments where you felt as if you were dreaming. Nothing else seemed real, you were just by yourself. It was Luke screaming your name that brought you back to reality. A car had taken a sharp turn, it had no headlights. If you weren't under one of the street lights, the car probably would have hit you. You watched as the car swerved, veering off to the side of the road where it wasn't lit. Where Luke was. You screamed and everything started to spin. Running over to Luke, you saw blood-stained snow. Luke's head was bleeding, his eyes shut. Somehow you coherently screamed at the driver to call an ambulance, you wouldn't leave Luke's side to get your phone that was still in the car. Unraveling your scarf, your trembling hands pressed it to Luke's wounded forehead. You sobbed into his chest, questioning why. Why had you been so dumb, standing in the middle of the street? Why hadn't you just stayed with Luke? As you choked on your own breath, sounds of sirens filled your ears. The medics pulled you away from Luke, you watched as they put him in the car, offering to take you in another car. "I need to be with him, I need to" you sobbed, but the doors just shut as the car raced off. Two men helped you in the back of another ambulance, asking if you were okay. You told them that you were fine, and to help Luke. All you could ask was for them to help Luke.
They had you hooked up to an oxygen mask which you ripped off once you got to the hospital. Continuing your pleas, they denied you once more. You sat in the waiting room, your hands stained with Luke's blood and your tears. Other people around you took concerned glances at you while you sobbed in the uncomfortable wooden chair.