You two hate each other xx 1/2

Ashton: “I wasn’t sure what to bring, so I hope this is alright.” You held up the bag of chips and your best friend Michael smiled. “That’s perfect, come on in.” He moved aside, opening the door wider for you to enter. He was having a party for his birthday and there was no way you could miss it. “Should I just set some in the bowl?” “Yeah, that’s fine.” Since he was your best friend you knew where everything was and were able to navigate your way to the kitchen. You tossed your stuff to the side and went into the kitchen, grabbing big bowl to put the chips in. “Michael didn’t tell me you were coming.” The snide remark from behind you made you roll your eyes. “And he didn’t tell me he was inviting his asshole friend either.” You snickered in reply. Since day one you and Ashton just never got along, you never understood why nor did you care to understand it. “Promise you’ll be nice to each other?” Michael entered the kitchen, “After all it is my birthday.” A heavy sigh left your lips and you spun around with the bowl of chips in your hands, “Anything for my best friend.” You grinned at him. Ashton reached across the counter, trying to stick his hand in the bowl, but you snatched it away just in time, “Ah ah ah, no chips for assholes.” You remarked with a sly smile and walked out of the kitchen. Ashton huffed and turned to Michael who was trying his best to hold in his laughter. “That wasn’t me that time.” He defended. Michael nodded, “Right but it was pretty funny…do you think you should just tell her how you feel?” Ashton made a face and his lips parted, “Ah, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He finished by sipping his drink. “Please, you really want me to believe that you don’t have feelings for her?” “No! What even-“ “Mate, maybe you should stop denying it to yourself and just admit that you like her.” Ashton felt his cheeks blush and looked down at his feet as Michael continued, “You push her away by acting like this and what do you expect? She’s not going to take it much longer; she’ll snap.” “I bet you if I tell her, then she’ll probably spit in my face.” “Maybe, or maybe not. You’ll never know unless you tell her.” Michael patted his shoulder and left him to ponder if he’ll ever tell you the truth or not.

Michael: “What I like about youuuu, you really know how to dance,” You sang loud and proud into your hairbrush, thinking you were alone in the hotel room. The boys had left to go to interviews while you opted to stay in, take some much needed time to yourself, maybe you would even go to the pool. Until then, you decided to blast music and dance your way around the room. As you continued your dance, jumping off the bed and the hopping off, you did a spin and when you were facing the direction of the door, you were startled by another presence in the room, who just happened to be Michael. “Wh-what are you doing here?” You stuttered, dropping your hairbrush at your feet. It bounced twice, landing by Michael’s feet. He chuckled, “I came up to grab Luke’s hat because he was too lazy to get it himself.” He didn’t comment on what just happened, just went straight for the dressed, picking up Luke’s snapback. You couldn’t remember why, but ever since you had befriended the boys, you and Michael never seemed to get along. Then you started dating Calum and the tension just rose from there. “But you couldn’t knock?” You crossed your arms over your chest. “Sorry, didn’t think I would be welcomed by a concert to my own music.” Michael chuckled again. “Why are you acting weird?” You blatantly asked, making him stop right before exiting. “I’m not acting weird, I’m just-“ “Not acting like you hate me? Like you usual do.” “Usually do? What do you mean?” “I mean usually you just totally ignore me and act like I don’t exist, why? Do you hate me that much?” Michael sighed, his posture suddenly slouching. He ran a hand through his frazzled hair, “Y/N I don’t hate you, I just resent you for not picking me.” With that, he turned on the balls of his heels and was out the door, leaving you to ponder on the words for the rest of the day.

Luke: Who couldn’t like him? He’s a total sweetheart… The repeated lines were like a broken record. At the mention of his name, it was like a triggering eye-roll you couldn’t hold in. to all of your mutual friends, Luke as the sweet, blonde haired, blue-eyed hottie, but for you, he felt like a pain in the ass since grade school. “Are you coming with us?” Your friend asked and so badly did you want to say no because you knew he would be there and you would be forced to converse with him, “We’ll see.” “Oh come on! Please, please, please, please-“ “If I say yes will you stop hounding me?” You chuckled at her and she nodded eagerly. Reluctantly you ended up going out just for the satisfaction of her shutting her mouth, but regretted it as soon as you got there. It was a party at this girls house and as soon as you walked through the door your eyes met with Luke’s, as if the heavens were forcing it to happen. You were enjoying a nice drink when you felt a tap on the shoulder. Spinning on your heals; you were greeted by those same eyes you saw before, “What do you want?” You spat, biting the inside of your cheek. “Chill, I just wanted to ask you something.” A few seconds past by and you nodded your head, “Ok, what?” You urged the question, “Why do you hate me?” He asked with light laugh as you raised an eyebrow at him. “I mean if I don’t recall doing anything to make you hate me so much so I just want to know why.” He spoke so simply you almost couldn’t believe the words coming out of your mouth. “I always thought that you hated me.” You finally told him, sipping from your drink—quite a big gulp of the liquid.  He began laughing, lowly but as you continued to stare at him wildly, his laughter grew louder. “What are you laughing at?” You crossed your arms over your chest as Luke his head and smirked. “I’ve never hated you.” He told you and your wild gaze only got stranger, “Well then why do you always ignore me or roll your eyes at me?” His laughter resided and the smirk grew back on his face, “How about you just come dance with me.” “Are you kidding?” Luke took the drink out of your hand and replaced it with his, pulling you to where people were dancing. You were so puzzled, your mind was racing. You couldn’t even think strait. Maybe it was the recent alcohol you just guzzled down, or maybe it was the fact that Luke was actually talking to you. All you knew was that you didn’t know anything…

Calum: “Just please promise me that you’ll give some effort and be nice? He is my best friend after all.” Ashton toyed with your fingers, hoping you would see eye to eye. A low sigh left your lips and you turned your gaze to him as both of your feet clicked against the pavement on your way to the club. You felt Ashton’s grip tighten in yours, forcing you to answer faster, “Hmm?” He said as the words were on the tip of your tongue. “I promise.” Just as you spoke you arrived at the club and ventured inside to find the rest of the group. When you found them you both went around saying hi to everyone. “I’m gonna go get a drink, do you want something?” Ashton asked in your ear. “Yeah, the usual.”  You grinned and watched him walk off. “I don’t know why he bothered to bring you.” The harsh words made you spin on your heels to see Calum. “You won’t last long.” He snorted, turning back around to leave you standing there. But you weren’t going to take it. You stomped back up to him, “I don’t know who you think you are but no human deserves to be talked to that way.” Calum turned back and raised an eyebrow like he couldn’t believe you were talking back to him, “I love Ashton and I plan on being in his life for a lot longer than you expect.” “You think so?” He remarked. “Yeah,” You spat, “I think so. There is nothing you can say or do that will ruin it. So you might want to get the stick out of your ass.” You couldn’t even stand to look at him so you quickly walked up to the bar where Ashton was waiting for your drinks to be made. “Ash, I’m going home. I’m not feeling to well.” “What? Are you sure?” “Yeah you stay out and have fun with your friends.” You grinned at him, hoping he wouldn’t ask questions but you were wrong. “Y/N, I know you. You don’t usually leave things like this. Did something happen.” You sighed, “Why don’t you just ask your friend, hmm? I’m sure he’d be able to give you a better answer.” “Y/N-“ “No Ashton it’s alright, I’ll just see you later.” You pecked his cheek and practically ran off, not sticking around for the aftermath of your actions.