Twenty Nine

{edited}

May POV

"Hey May." A peppy voice comments next to me. I see it's Evan. A smile on his lips.

"Hello." I murmur.

"Wanna walk to History together?"

"Yeah sure." I turn down the hall. It's been a few weeks since Evan and I hung out the first time. Ever since then, I'd say we've been talking a lot more. We like the same music and TV shows which is basically my life.

Harry walks on the opposite side of the hallway holding Melissa's hand. I gulp. "He downgraded." I hear Evan mutter next to me.

"I heard that." I laugh.

"Just saying the truth." I glance to him. He smiles and opens the door for me.

"Thank you." I smile gently.

"Of course." We sit in the back like usual and hear the bell ring.

My teacher starts handing out our assignment while explaining it to us. This class sucks, all it is, is written work. Nothing on the computers, all paper assignments. And they're the same ones everyday.

~

"I'll text you later." I say to Evan as we leave the classroom. We don't have any classes besides History together.

"Will do." He smiles and walks away

~

I walk into art and hear giggles as I head to my seat. I put my stuff down and grab my painting in the back. My eyes soften looking at my painting that is ruined. Black ink poured all of it. You can barely see anything besides the words stuttering loser written in white. Harry brushes past me.

My heart drops and I grab a new one. I throw out the old one and start paining. I glance up and see Harry and his friends looking and me and whispering. I roll my eyes to myself and try to ignore the comments being made about me.

I look up and see Harry looking at me. His smile fades and we just stare at each other. I look away as I become too sad.

***

"May! Help me set up the table!" I hear my mother shout angerily.

"I'll talk to you later." I say to Evan as we're on facetime on my computer. I put my phone in my pocket.

"Will do. Bye." He smiles and I turn off the call. I roll out of bed and head downstairs. I locked my door before going downstairs.

I haven't seen my Mother or Father, in what feels like months. It's only been 3 weeks though. My sister Ellie is home as well.

"She's eating with us?" Sadie scoffs to my mom.

"Do I have too?" I ask my Mom who is staring at us. Ellie appears behind her.

"Sadie, go sit down next to Harry and take a chill pill. She's our sister. And yes May. I haven't seen you in five months. Sit."

"But-"

"Sit." Ellie points to the dinning room. I huff and pull the sleeves to my hoodie down to my hands. I sit down in the only spot that isn't taken. And of fucking course it's in front of Harry. And of fucking course he's here.

My Mom and sister come to the dining room. Everyone makes their plates. "May, you're not eating?"

"Not hungry." I say to my Dad.

"That's a first." Sadie comments.

"Sadie," Ellie says. "Shut up."

"Want salad at least?" Ellie asks.

"I'm fine." I murmur.

"El, how's college?" My Dad starts a conversation.

Everyone starts talking and I sit there like always like an alien. My fingers fidget under the table. "May," My sister starts. "Got a boyfriend yet?" The table goes silent and I stiffen.

"May with a boyfriend?" Sadie comments. "Ellie, c'mon now you're mocking her." I bite my lip. "She's May."

"You never know. Maybe one boy likes her." I see Ellie give me a look. "Just because she isn't a cheerleader Sadie, doesn't mean she can't have a boyfriend."

"I know that." Sadie says. "But c'mon look at her-"

"Can we change the uh, um topic?" I interrupt my sister who is about to say something rude.

"Why?" Sadie asks with an amused smile.

"Because, I don't w-want to talk about m-my non existent love life."

"Well, I called that." Sadie snarls with a smirk.

"Shut up for once." I snap. "Haha, so fucking funny no one likes me. I don't care, I can fucking die alone for all I care. Leave me the fuck alone for once." My chest is heavy and everyone is silent.

I lean back in my chair and see Sadie eye me. "Not one stutter, you should be proud."

"Sadie-" Ellie says.

"Girls." My Father deepens his voice.

"I didn't do anything." Sadie says.

"I know dear." My mother shrugs.

"Are you being serious, Mom? Nothing. Sure lets mock me about my stutter, about how I'm a loser, and say nothing?" I say looking at her.

"This is supposed to be a happy dinner."

"Then stop asking me questions w-while you know your cunt of daughter will make comments."

"I'm the cunt?" Sadie starts. "Kill yourself May. Everyone is better off." The table goes silent and I stand and leave the house.

I hear shouting behind me. I walk to Adam's house. I ring the bell and bite my lip. He answers. "What's wrong?"

"I hate my family." He lets me and tells me to explain.

I do, and I never seen him angry as now. "Can I go over there and stab a bitch?" Adam says to me. "Mom! May's moving in!"

"Okay!" She shouts back. "Hi honey!" I smile gently.

"Did Harry say anything?"

"Why w-would he? He doesn't give two shits about me." Adam pulls me into his chest.

"Go upstairs. I'll make you food and we'll skip school tomorrow." I nod and walk up the steps.

My phone starts beeping.

Ellie: may, please come home

Ellie: Sadie is just a twat today, please answer xx love you sis

I sit on my bed and take deep breaths.

Adam's phone is beside me and I see a contact name pop up that I wouldn't expect.

Harry: is may w/ you??

Harry: don't tell her i'm asking, i just want to know if she's okay after what happened at dinner

I lock his phone and sit back. My shaky hand stops soon. Adam comes in and my eyes widen. "Okay, well my Mom is Italian and likes feeding people when they're sad." Adam says as he plays tons of food on his bed.

"Thanks Adam." I murmur.

"Of course." He smiles.

A://N

which sister do you like better? Sadie or Ellie? lol

comment goal: 20??

last update for the night, i'm tired lol

thoughts???

make sure to leave a vote :))

~Lauren