Seventy Three

{edited}

May POV

Tomorrow I'm not looking forward to.

Tomorrow is when my "fathers" brother and his family are coming down.

I'm planning on just skipping the whole dinner. It's not like I will be missed anyways. It's just the thought that my actual father is going to be there, and that I don't like.

"Hi." I say to Adam who is opening his locker.

"Hey." He smiles. "How are you doing?"

"Good for the most part." I mumble. "You?"

"Good." Adam says.

"How was the date with Todd?" I ask my voice low.

"It was fun. We went bowling." I smile gently. "If you need to camp out at my house this weekend feel free. I gotta go now. I'm getting help with Chem."

"Oh, have fun." His eyes roll playfully. He walks away and I take a deep breath.

Harry walks over to me and leans against Adam's locker. "Are you busy after school today?"

"No, why?"

"Wanna hangout after school?" He smiles hopefully.

"Sure." I reply. Harry's dimples appear on his cheeks making me become distracted.

"Okay, see you after school then." Harry leans down and kisses my cheek. My face heats slightly. After that he walks away.

I see a group of sophomores look at me weirdly. I awkwardly close my locker and walk to homeroom.

***

"Excited for tomorrow?" Harry asks while sitting beside me on his mattress.

"Yeah, totally." He smiles gently. His green eyes meet mine and they look questioning. I ignore his stare at look away. "I'm probably not going to go."

"You're not curious to ask him anything?"

"I'd rather not know anything really." I mumble. Harry's fingers lace with mine and his lips touch my cheek. My heart warms.

"Well, if you do decide too go and need to talk after just text me."

"Thank you."

"Of course." Harry smiles gently.

"Your birthday is on Sunday." I say. "What are you planning on doing?"

"Eh, nothing probably." He huffs. "I know my Mom wants to have a dinner so that will probably have my fathers friends and her friends, and my sister and her boyfriend."

"None of your friends?" I ask with a chuckle.

"None of mine are appropriate. Besides Sadie, but still. I don't even want to go to dinner."

"You're going to be 19 though." He groans.

"Don't remind me." I laugh.

"Is there anything you want?"

"I don't deserve anything from you." He mumbles. My head tilts. "And plus, I don't need anything. Besides you of course." I chuckle. "I'm thinking about getting a tattoo though." My eyes widen.

"Really?" I ask. He nods. "What of?"

"Two birds on my chest." He points where. "Or a bird cage." He shows me where. "I might get both. Or more."

"You want a sleeve?" His face scrunches.

"No." I laugh. "Just a few." I nod.

"When did you want to get them?"

"Sunday. Wanna come with?"

"Sure, I like seeing people in pain." I smile gently. He shakes his head and leans in and gently kisses my forehead.

His eyes meet mine again with that look. I know what he wants to ask. Harry just smiles gently.

I rest my head on his shoulder and let his fingers play with mine. "You called it off before anything between us, right?" I ask.

"I did." Harry says. I bite my lip.

"Okay." I murmur.

"Okay?" Harry asks.

"If I say we're okay now, will you promise to not make me feel like an idiot for believing you?"

"I promise." His arms wrap around me. His lips touch the side of my head. "Thank you May."

"Don't make me regret it." I mutter.

"I won't baby." He says. Harry presses his lips against mine. It's been weeks since I've felt his lips against mine. It's felt like months though. His hands hold my face firmly as he kisses me.

"I love you." He says while breaking away from our kiss.

"I love you too." I say. His eyes well up.

"I thought you'll hate me forever, and not want me anymore. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner." I just nuzzle my face into Harry's chest and close my eyes.

A://N

Short chapter but ayee I updated

Comment??

~lauren