12: Jeremy Breaks Up With You (Part 2)

Imagine: So, it is now a dozen of days after you broke up with your boyfriend - Jeremy Gilbert. You couldn't help but feel guilty, you shouldn't have told him what to do. But he couldn't blame his parents for an accidental car crash, it was unfair on them. Days upon days, you were sulking in your room and you intended to do so until you had the courage to face him again. Requested by catiejoyce02 (won't let me tag :( )

You were crying at a comedy. Not happy tears, sad tears. They had a better life than you, making fun of their families and children whilst you was afraid to face him again. Him, the guy who broke up with you yesterday in public whilst people stopped an stared. You didn't even speak to your family, they left food at your door and you didn't allow them to see the state you were in.

"I hate him!" You yelled as you noticed a picture of him on your bedside table, so you grasped it in your hands as you remembered the memory of your first date. He took you to New Orleans and had dinner in a restaurant before staying in a hotel and joining the festival outside. But instead, you took the photo out and placed it on a pile of other photos. You were going to burn them once you escaped your room. Within seconds, your phone began to vibrate besides you. With instinct, you ignored it and turned over the channel to see that the Star Wars series were playing so you shoved some popcorn into your mouth and watched the film. It kept ringing, voicemails were left and you grew curious of whom this person may be. Your phone read 'Jer' and suddenly your heart was in your throat, he called you back about twenty times and left a voicemail. So you placed it on your lap and put it on speaker before listening.

"Hey, Y/N. I know that I was in the wrong for blaming everything on my parents and then taking it out on you. I hate myself for what I've made you go through in the last few months but I promise I can change. I'll force myself to move on, but I can only do that with you. I love you, Y/N. This isn't the end - I hope." Suddenly there is silence the my voicemail ends. It asked you if you wanted to keep the message, you finger hovered over the delete button but instead you gladly kept it. For the whole day, you kept replaying it to give yourself courage again so once he does decide to dial your phone again.

<><><>

He didn't call for almost two days. For some reason you thought he would want to speak to you, the sound of his voice drove you nuts too. The audio you kept continued to play inside of your head, a reminder of that one word can change everything for the better or the worst. But you were eating your dinner, finally with your parents when he called you.

"Mom, can I take this?" You asked, hoping she would allow you. She looked at your father as they exchanged glances before she nodded. As you scurried out into the hallway, you checked who it was. Jeremy Gilbert finally called.

"Hello?" He spoke and suddenly you didn't know what to say, you were literally lost for words. You opened your mouth but you couldn't fathom the words you wanted to express.

"Jeremy." Is all you could say, and from the other side of the phone you heard a sigh. He was relieved to hear the sound of your voice, even if it was just his name. But an awkward silence filled the air between you both, creating tension.

"I'm guessing by now you've seen my message," He muttered and you nodded even though he couldn't see you, "You don't know how bad I feel. Everything I feel towards you has grown even bigger because I can't bare to be without you, Y/N. Not for a day, not even for a second." He told you and you smiled even wider.

"My parents didn't die on me and Elena, they lost control of the car. Okay, I'm trying to believe that but it will take time. You're my rock, and without you I feel like getting stoned until I can't take it anymore. You support me, and gradually I'm coming off of the drugs and I promise you I'll be healthy again and I'll get back to how I used to be." Jeremy admits and you bite your lower lip. He is willing to change everything for you, for the better.

"I could kiss you right now." You tell him softly, your voice hushed in case your parents heard your soppy phrases. He chuckled lightly but that is when you hear a car engine stop outside.

"Jer, have you been driving whilst on the phone?" You ask and he inhales. Of course he has, he came to get you back. You stare back at your parents who are about to look outside of your dining room window. You run over to the door quickly, dropping your phone in the process and open the door. He stands there, looking as casual as ever and is staring right at you. You connect eyes with his as you slam the door behind you.

"Y/N, will you be my girl friend again?" He asks you and you grin even wider. Your parents are snooping through the window but you don't even care anymore. Jeremy is changing, for you and for himself.

"Yes." You whisper before kissing him. He catches his breath after, not realising his fists were clutching onto the sides of your top to keep you close to him. You licked your lips, catching his gaze and you realise the twinkle in his eyes.

"You came back for me."