41: (REQUESTED) You Tell Damon Your Childish Fear

Requested by @twistedmajix

Imagine: You and Damon have been dating for a couple of weeks and your parents are away on holiday. So Damon invited you to stay at his house, just a casual couple gesture. Obviously, you agreed. But you hated storms.

"Hey, Damon." You said as he opened the door. He smiled at you and took your bags, like a gentleman would. It was roughly nine o'clock, you had ate pizza with your friends at home before taking off here. They thought you were joining your parents, the ones who were in Cuba. Your friends did not know the Salvatore's secret, they did not know anything about the supernatural world or anything beyond myths. They wouldn't handle it, you thought, not even the slightest.

"I thought you were coming over at 6?" Damon asked it almost like a question as he poured you both some bourbon. You would have thought that it was not him if he didn't pour you a drink, especially bourbon. Sighing, you placed your hands on your head.

"My friends - you know, Venessa and George - they suggested that I had pizza before I went to 'Cuba' with my parents and I just had a really bad day-" Interrupting your speech, Damon briefly kissed you on the lips. It wasn't the usual 'Make-out session' that he usually created, it was just to simply say 'It's alright now, big, bad and scary vampire is here'.

"Great way to shut me up," You mumbled against his lips as he placed another kiss against yours. He smiled just before you showed a film that you hid behind your back, "Divergent."

"We watched that last week, Y/N. I don't do action films, baring in mind I'm faster and hotter than the heroes." Damon rolled his eyes and it was true, he was hotter than the heroes. But he fell asleep when you both watched it last time.

"Who was the hero?" You quizzed him and he thought about it for a second.

"Superman." He stated it adamantly, which made you laugh even more. Damon smiled, knowing that you were laughing over something happy.

"Wrong," You replied as you ran you hands up towards his shoulders, "It was a girl, Tris Prior." When you was with Damon, it was as if the world had evaporated beneath your feet and that is why you loved him. He literally chased the horrible things away.

---

As you watched the movie, thunder rumbled outside. Even though you were not a kid anymore, storms still scared you to pieces. Usually, a storm couldn't kill anyone. But you were that person that could easily get bad luck. As the film continued, you snuggled against Damon - trying to protect yourself from Mother Nature's gifts outside. He just thought you were being cute, as you always were.

"You okay? It's like you're trying to disappear." Damon whispered as he kept a stern eye on the film. He was trying to prove you wrong, that he would watch a soppy action movie with you. You sat up straight and looked at him.

"Of course, we just don't get to do this a lot." That was a lie and he knew it too. You had most of the time in the world, except when the Supernatural decided to play with your relationship. Even in these last few weeks, people have tried to use you as leverage already for Damon. Then a lightning bolt shot now from the sky and you jumped. He knew what was petrifying you then.

"Are you scared of storms?" He asked and you shook your head, now he was going to think you were a baby, "It's okay, Y/N. We're all scared of something. You know what, I hate spiders." You giggled slightly which helped to fight back the tears. No, you thought to yourself, I'm not going to let him think that I'm a little kid.

"You don't hate spiders." You chuckled and you leaned closer to him once again. He wrapped his arms around you.

"No," A lightning bolt crashed down from the sky once again but before you could jump, he kissed you, "No I don't."