37: (REQUESTED) You Are Stefan And Elena's Child

REQUESTED BY RosieLynch124

Imagine: Stefan and Elena have a daughter and Damon delivers the baby.

"Stefan I'm home!" Elena shouted as she opened the front door. They were human and Stefan preferred her that way even though he did not want to tell it to her face. Damon, of course, did not care whether she was human or not - he loved her because she was Elena Gilbert, the strongest of them all.

"I was beginning to get worried," Stefan told her as he entered the hallway before kissing her lightly, "Usually you would have called me if you were going to be late home." He peered down at Elena's stomach cautiously as if he were trying to say something.

"The baby is fine. I've just been having a few pains but overall it was a regular day. She's not due for a couple of weeks yet." Elena answered as she smiled at herself. This family was all she wanted, her baby and her soon to be husband. They were going to get married before the baby was born but the plans were changed. Many people were judgemental about it, but they did not see all of the fuss.

"Shouldn't you get checked out or something?" Stefan placed his hands on Elena's belly. She bit her lower lip, contemplating whether she should. But in the end she just shook her head.

"We'll be fine." She replied as they made their way to the living room to watch a film.

<><><>

The pains continued but she did not tell Stefan about them. She still had a couple of weeks to go, the baby wasn't due yet. Elena kept telling herself that everything was going to be okay - but it got worse and worse.

"Are you okay?" Stefan asked as she squeezed his hand tightly. Rapidly, she let go.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" She asked out of breath and he stood up. Elena raised an eyebrow at him weakly and he sighed.

"I'm taking you to the hospital. You look like you're going to faint and-" But she interrupted him aggressively.

"It's fine, I think I'm just worried about Bonnie and Caroline," She paused as she took a deep breath, "Their holiday to Morocco seemed promising but I'd rather of had them here to see our little girl. They're the people I'd want to talk to about it."

"What about Damon? I know it's weird and all because he likes you but he does have a way with words." Stefan answered as he grabbed the home phone. Elena smiled, she loved Stefan more than anything. He trusted her, he knew he was not going to loose her - not anytime soon.

<><><>

"Damon," Tears formed in her eyes - she knew what was going to happen, "Stefan doesn't know but I think the baby's coming." His face was unreadable, obviously Damon did not know how to react. Had he ever help deliver a baby? No. Not even in his eternal life time he had the chance to deliver a baby and it was not something he wanted to do. But it was for Elena.

"Don't tell him." Elena added and he knew he would have to. The heart beats inside her were quickening and he knew instantly that he had no other option. If Elena did not want Stefan to know then how would he get her to the hospital? He could not use his vampire speed to get her there, that would only harm her and the baby. But there was also another heart beat, one he had not heard before.

"Elena, have you ever considered having a scan?" Damon had to ask, maybe she knew and wanted to keep it as a secret. She shook her head, confused. Bonnie had sensed the gender for them because they wanted to become prepared.

"Why, is something wrong with her?" The doppelgänger questioned him, a expression of panic drifting across her face like a boat in the sea.

"It's not just one baby, it's two." Damon finally breathed, pushing his hand against her stomach. She groaned, and then she inhaled sharply.

"T-They're coming Damon."

<><><>

Two babies, both females. Damon ignored what Elena had said and called Stefan, but it was too late to go to the hospital. So they had to let her give birth here, in the Salvatore boarding house. A home birth was something she had not considered and it was slightly terrifying but having Damon and Stefan there to hold her hands made it more relaxing.

"This one," Stefan said as he pointed to one of the girls in the crib, "I want to call her Rosie."

"Rosie," Elena tried her name on her lips and smiled, "I like it. Rosie Salvatore." She picked up the other baby and rocked her in her arms, humming a lullaby.

"Y/N," She spoke as she looked down at the other twin, "Her name is Y/N."