42: Stefan Kisses You

Imagine: You're one of those shy, nerdy kids in class. Nobody really likes you, but Stefan Salvatore has been talking to you for weeks now and many people are jealous. They wonder why he is even near you, you're one of those nerds.

You stood at Wickery Bridge, peering over the rail and at the water below. Under the waters deep surface, you could see twigs floating. But you pulled a bag of rocks out of your pocket, knowing that right now you just wanted to skim some stones.

Today at school was worse than you could imagine. Stefan wasn't in today, so you was alone most of the day. The popular people decided to take your lunch and smash your glasses. Once you got home, you put a pair of contacts in until they could get repaired. Sometimes you hated school, the meaning of it and what it represents. It represented you and that's what you hated. You were too smart to contemplate even ditching, you were the person who would rather read in silence than be jamming to music in your bedroom. That was the type of person you was, and you hated it. Aggressively, you skimmed a rock and watched it bounce over the waters surface.

"What did that rock ever to do to you?" Somebody joked beside you and you turned around suddenly. It was Stefan. Part of you wanted to just embrace him, wanting him to tell you everything was okay. But being the person you were, you just turned back to the water and skimmed another stone. He took one out of the bag.

"Where was you today?" You asked, wondering why he would be off school in only the first couple of weeks arriving. Stefan thought for a second but then replied,

"I got you something." He was either saying that was what he did all day, or changing the subject. Stefan then held out a rope bracelet with a flower on it. You had researched it before, it was called Vervain. He took your wrist as gentle as a flower and then placed it onto your wrist.

"You didn't have to..." Your voice trailed off and you didn't realise you were blushing. Stefan smiled to himself and looked at your eyes.

"I did. Plus, I prefer you without glasses." He whispered, stepping closer and grabbing your wrist. Stefan turned the bracelet the right way up, careful not to touch the flower inside. Right now, you didn't care where he had been. Stefan carefully placed his hand on your face, stroking the cheekbone.

"I prefer you over all those people, out of every single one of them." Nobody had felt like this about you before and it was definitely eye-opening. Then it dawned on you, was he going to kiss you? You hadn't had your first kiss, even though the whole of Mystic Falls High school's main priority was 'Get Paid, Get Laid'.

"Even Elena?" You questioned him, finally meeting his gaze. You didn't realise how much you loved his lime eyes, what they did to you...

"Even Elena." He stated adamantly, leaning forward. You wanted to tell him that you hadn't kissed before, but it was insane. That could put him right off. Especially a hot guy like him, trying to kiss a nerd like you.

"S-Stefan, I can't do this." You muttered finally when you felt his mouth briefly skim yours. In a flash you had turned away and was walking. Why on Earth did you do that? Suddenly there was two hands on your waist, turning you around to face him again. Stefan didn't waste time pressing his lips against yours and you found all those terrible thoughts dissolving in front of your own eyes. Your hands found the back of his neck and when he finally broke this kiss, you kept his face in front of yours.

"I didn't think you'd fall for me." You whispered with a smile.

"Neither did I."