Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Alyssa

"I'm glad you're back." My mom said hugging me as I entered their house.

"I'm glad to be back and get started on all of this stuff. I need to go get my apartment situated." I told her.

"Where's Landen?" she asked.

"He's still in Texas. I told him that I didn't want to live together until we are officially married so he's getting an apartment of his own here." I said sitting on the couch.

"You turned out so wonderful." My mom said smiling.

"Where's Kayla and dad?" I asked.

She sighed. "With your dad...thank God."

"What's wrong mom?"

"I am so sick of that little girl attitude. I have done nothing wrong to her and I treat her like she's my own but you can't discipline other people's kids. I'm so close to telling him that I don't want her here. She's so disrespectful."

"You should have saw this coming mom. She's angry that her mom and dad aren't together."

"Yeah but she needs to understand that they were never together, they ended up in a situationship. She was being a homewrecker...but I can't go yelling that to her because she's a child and it's not right."

"Have you talked to dad? I'm sorry, I know that's my sister and all but she's not gonna be disrespecting you and both of ya'll are taking care of her. I was nowhere near as bad as she has gotten. I'll talk to her and I can tell her what's up because she's my little sister." I told my mom.

She shook her head. "Her attitude is bad Alley and I don't need you getting in the middle of that. Sometimes I have to count to ten with her."

"She knows she can try you that's why. I'll knock her a-butt out. I don't care, she's not gonna be disrespectful. I don't get it. I know I talked back to you guys sometimes but it just wasn't ever that bad."

Just as we continued talking my dad and Kayla came strolling in. 

"Where's Eli?" I asked.

"He was taking a nap upstairs." she said.

I got up and walked over to my dad then hugged him. "I missed you daddy."

"I missed you too." he said hugging me back then releasing me.

"Hey Kayla." I said watching as she plopped down on the couch.

"What's up." she said dryly.

I took a deep breath because I know you have to have patience with this girl.