Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Ryan

I stared at Jailee as we had lunch. I had to discuss some shit with her.

"You scared you're going to get caught up?" Jailee asked smiling at me.

"Nah, I don't get caught up but she's not stupid." I explained.

"Well...what about Kayla? Why the hell was she so pressed to come onto you? Don't all these females know that you're taken." 

I shook my head. "These hoes don't care about that. They see a nigga with a girl and it just turns them on it seem like."

Jailee stared at me like she was searching for words as she sipped on her drink that was in front of her.

"What did Alley say?" Jailee questioned.

"I think she knows that something is up with her sister but she didn't really go into detail. I had to get the hell out because I don't need that type of shit in my life."

"Just keep your distance from her because she will definitely try to get you into some trouble and you don't need that." 

"Yeah I know. Alyssa's parents planned this trip for us to go to Hawaii in a few weeks so I just been trying to figure out how this will work out."

"I'm sure it'll be fine. You're a great guy just stay away from Kayla. It seems like it's always some girl throwing herself at you...but I've never seen you look at another girl the way that you look at Alley..." Jailee said.

We stared at each for a moment before I spoke.

"I love her...and everyone can't understand that." I told her, never breaking eye contact.

"She loves you too. I just would hate to see her hurt because that's my friend."

I smiled. "I'm human but I'll do everything in my power to keep her happy." 

Jailee grinned. "You better before someone catches you slipping and take her from you." 

"She's not going nowhere. I guarantee that."

"Alright, whatever you say Mr. Chancellor." 

"I appreciate everything from you though. You a real one." I said staring at her.

She looked away from me and picked her phone up acting as if someone was blowing her up.

"No problem at all. I do what I can Ryan." she said.

I stood to my feet and left some money on the table as I prepared to leave.

"Take care of yourself ma, I'll see you later." I said before leaving the building.

I got to my car and my phone instantly began going off. It was Alyssa calling. I had been sending her calls to voicemail all morning but now that I was done with that shit, I decided to answer.

"What's  up." I said answering as I pulled out of the parking lot.

"Why didn't you answer my calls? I've been trying to reach you for a while now. What were you doing?" Alyssa questioned.