Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Alyssa

I was finally told what the hell went on with my sister and let me just say...disgusted isn't even the word. I can't believe that a parent would put their child through such a thing not once but numerous times. On top of all of that she had my dad get arrested  but they released him. His face is plastered all over the media as another domestic violence charge. They are saying awful things about him because of her and even bold enough to do it on my own personal social media. I'm sick of it. None of them knows what's going on between our family so it's best that they just keep their mouths closed. My mom has told me to refrain from saying anything relating to that on social media.

They have Kayla on all kind of anti-depressants and other things. I never imagined that she would be going through all of this and it makes sense why she has been acting so funny towards us. I wonder why she waited so long to tell any of us.

I sat on my couch as the rain poured outside just thinking  about everything. Ryan and I have been so weird, can't quite describe it. I have still been trying to help him adjust back to doing everything for himself and taking him to physical therapy. He's getting stronger and stronger by the day but man it is so stressful.

Ryan was stretched out on the couch with me watching TV and I just couldn't get into whatever he was watching at the moment.

"So when were you going to tell me that you have a brother?" I blurted out.

Ryan looked at me confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't lie to me Ryan, your brother came to the hospital looking for you and he told me everything. Why didn't you tell me?" 

He sighed. "I don't know what you talking about Alyssa." 

"So I'm just losing my damn mind? Why are you hiding it from me?" I questioned.

"I don't want to talk about that shit Alyssa, let it go." he said.

"Why not? I need answers. You told me you had no family other than your father in prison." 

"What the fuck did I just say? I said I don't wanna talk about it. Leave it the fuck alone. I'm not gonna tell you again." Ryan said looking me dead in the eyes.

"How do you expect us to be a happily married couple if we can't even talk about your family? How?" 

"Why the fuck do you continue to push shit?"

"Because I need to know what the hell is going on with you. You're keeping shit from me." I said getting irritated.

"Oh like the same way you hiding shit from me?" he said.

"What are you talking about?" 

"Exactly, just let shit be. I been out here on my own for the longest and you know that. I've had my own fucking back. I took care of me when everybody else turned their back on me. I don't give a fuck about who you think my brother is. Don't nobody deserve the fucking title to be my damn family. I don't have any. They wasn't out there sleeping in the streets with me. They wasn't out there with me begging for fucking money to get a fucking meal. They don't give a fuck about me and if they ever come near you or my child again I will fucking kill them." Ryan said.