Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Alyssa

"What's up? What did you wanna talk about?" I asked Jailee as we sat in a coffee shop enjoying our beverages.

She didn't say anything for a while but suddenly slid her phone over to me.

"Just tell me what you think." Jailee said.

I stared at her phone and honestly didn't know what to think. I stared at the picture of Landen with his ex whom he had his arms around and appeared to be kissing on her neck.

"When was this?" I asked.

"Right before we moved back...about a week ago at the most. I wanted to tell you but I just didn't know how. I know you care about him and you're engaged but...it's up to you what you want to do." she said.

I looked up at her. "Really?"

"Yes...Alley, you can do better."

"I'll talk to him about...I'm not gonna stress myself out about it."

"What about Ryan?" she asked.

"What about him?"

"Isn't that who you want to be with?"

"Jai, my life is quite complicated at the moment. Ryan has a girlfriend who he don't seem to be leaving any time soon. We're on talking terms...I just...I don't know where he and I stand to be honest."

"He loves you." 

"Why are you going so hard for him?" I questioned.

"Because I know how he feels about you."

"You talk to him?" I asked looking at her weird.

"Yes, we talk."

"Since when?" 

"Are you being serious right now? I know where you're going with this and I'm gonna stop you right in your tracks. Nothing is going on." Jailee said.

"What do ya'll talk about? I mean what is there to talk about?"

She rolled her eyes and sighed. "He was right I know that. You need to calm down Alley, I don't want another woman's man. I wouldn't do nothing with a guy who my bestfriend is in love with but doesn't want to admit it. You're only hurting yourself anyways."

"Jai, I'm engaged. What the hell am I supposed to do?" 

"Go get your man who you truly love. You know Landen has nothing on Ryan because if he did then you wouldn't question how you feel about him."

"I've never questioned how I felt about him because I love him. I've never done that until I got here."

"Because Ryan is here."

"Can I tell you something but promise not to mention this no one especially Ryan...please?" I said to her.

She looked concerned. "What's up girl?"