Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Ryan

It's been about a month since I stepped back from Alyssa.  I really just needed to focus on getting my shit together if I want us to work. I call and check up on her every now and then. She suggested that we go see someone together to talk about our issues. We argued about that shit because I wasn't up for it, but I want us to work. She's the one that I'm going to marry so I gave in. Losing the baby just did something to me and it's taking a toll on her but she keeping it all bottled up. 

So here we were sitting in a therapist office. I was trying to be open-minded but I'm not with telling people shit about me. Especially people I don't know nor fuck with. 

"Good afternoon, I'm Tiana." the lady said sitting across from us.

"I'm Alyssa and this is Ryan." Alyssa said pointing to herself then me. 

"So what brings you in?" she asked.

"We've just been having issue after issue and I lost our baby about a month ago.  I was stressing out so much and everything was just bad. Ryan decided that he needed space away from me after that happened. It's so much that I honestly don't know where to begin." Alyssa said.

"Okay, Ryan do you have anything to add?" Tiana asked.  

I shook my head. "Nah." 

Alyssa sighed. 

Oh shit, here she go.

"He's like closed off now and does things like this when I've been trying to talk to him lately. He feels like we should always talk on his time and it's frustrating." Alyssa said.

I didn't say anything.

"Let's pause for a second. Ryan, I want you to understand that this is a joint effort. It won't work if you don't try. I can already tell that you both have communication issues. Are you willing to try to fix these issues? Staying quiet isn't going to help your relationship." Tiana said.

"I'm here, I'm just letting her talk. She wanted to come so let her tell you everything." I said.

"Ryan, don't do this. You told me that you would try." Alyssa said looking at me.

"I mean I'm fucking here. What do you want me to say Alyssa?" I questioned.

"You don't have to curse Ry. I want you to do this with me because I think this is the only thing that's going to help us." 

"We could've did this shit outside of here. No offense to you Tiana, but I think this could've been handled outside of here. I don't do this shit."

"Ryan, we've been trying to make it work outside of here forever and it hasn't worked. Why are you acting like this?"

"Alright." I said.

"See this is what I'm talking about. We do this all the time at home and get nowhere." Alyssa said.