Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Alyssa

"How's everything going with you?" My mom asked as we sat having mimosas for brunch at a local restaurant.

"Stressful but I can't wait for everyone to see how this all comes together tomorrow night. I'm so excited mom because it's everything I've worked for. You're going to love it." I said to my mom as she wiped Eli's mouth as he ate toast. He'll be 6 this year.

"I'm very proud of you. You've gotten your studio opened less than two weeks with dancers and everything. I don't know how you did it but I can't wait to watch the show tomorrow. You're a really smart woman and you're making big moves at 23."

"Well, you taught me well mom. I wouldn't be here without you or dad. I think I've been able to get things done because I've been trying to get my mind off of Ryan." 

"How is that working out for you?"

"It's really bothering me mom, like I wish he would just get his things together and just be here for me. He don't listen to actually hear me and it's frustrating then there is always some chick that comes around thinking she's going to take him from me. I just don't have time for it. They always want to say how they are having sex with him and I'm not....sex will not keep a man." I explained.

"That's true but I also think that you and him maybe need to sit down and actually listen to each other. Not listen to respond but actually listen because I think you and him lack communication. It's clear as day that Ryan truly cares about you. He came by the house a few days ago and I wasn't supposed to mention this to you but he did."

My eyes widened. "What did he want?"

"He talked to your dad for over an hour, I have no idea what they were talking about but it was pretty serious I guess because they went in private." My mom said.

"I wonder what he talked to him about but maybe we do need to talk. I don't want to do it until after my show because I don't need any distractions right now." 

"That's understandable but you know you love him so you both are going to need to sit down and talk with each other."

"I will mom when the time is right but I have goals right now in place that I am so close to achieving and I don't want anything to take these moments away from me."

"Alrighty girl, I know you'll take care of things."

"As always." I said smiling.

*