Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Ryan

I was out having lunch with Leslie and she been on my ass since the last time we got into it. She be trying to go through my phone and shit.

"You're always on your phone these days." Leslie said looking at me from across the table.

"I'm taking care of us when I'm on the phone." I told her.

"You aren't spending very much time with me either. What's the problem?"

"It's not a problem Leslie. I come home to you every night."

"There's no other girl?" she questioned.

"Nah. You think I'm gonna leave you for somebody else?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm getting those vibes. You've just been acting different and I wanna know why."

"I'm just trying to make sure we straight. I'm not gonna leave you."

"You love me?" she asked.

"Yes, I love you. Stop questioning it."

Her eyes were getting watery and I just stared at her not really knowing what to do or say. I reached across the table and grabbed her hands just as a few tears fell from her eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"...I'm pregnant babe."

I continued looking at her. I let her hands go and rubbed my chin. Damn, I'm about to have my first kid.

"Wow." I finally spoke.

"I found out about a week ago but I just didn't know how to tell you. I thought you maybe would want me to get rid of it or something." she said.

I got up and moved beside her and I actually felt bad about how I've been treating her. She deserves a lot more than I'm giving her.

"Stop crying, I got us baby." I said wiping her eyes.

"I'm scared, I just don't want you to leave me. I love you Ryan." she said putting her arms around me.

"We gonna be straight, I promise you that. I love you too."

I rubbed my hand over her stomach. Damn, I'm gonna be a dad.

Alyssa