Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Alyssa

The vacation had been going so smoothly and I was enjoying every bit of it with my future hubby. I didn't tell him about the texts that the Sommerlyn chick was sending me because she was not going to ruin the rest of our vacation. I simply blocked the number and continued on about my business. 

My family and I were currently at a bonfire on the beach. It was a pretty chilly night but there was music, drinks and food. We were all just trying to have fun and party with other people who were trying to do the same.

Kayla and I were getting along pretty well to my surprise. She had been trying to be under me and Jailee but our dad kept a close eye on her.

"This has been a bomb ass trip." Jailee said as we sat in the sand sipping on our Tequila Sunrise.

"I know, I don't think it could get any better than this. I never thought that crazy boy would propose to me. Everything was so sweet. I feel like I'm on a high." I said smiling.

"He truly loves you girl, you can see it when he talks about you. You know how guys are these days so for him to be like he is with you is something special. That's why I was going so hard for the both of you. I don't think either one of you could live without one another." Jailee said.

"Yeah you're right. Me and you are going to have to plan a girls trip seriously." I told her as I sipped on the drink. I was definitely feeling the alcohol.

"Can I come if you do decided to plan a girls trip?" Kayla asked staring at me.

"Umm, I don't know about that. You'll need to take that up with your parents." 

"You're my big sister. There should be no questions on whether I could go or not." 

"Yeah but you know how you can get." I said.

"Um, yeah okay. Whatever." Kayla said as she got up and walked away to go sit by herself.

"What's her issue?" Jailee asked.

"She got some demons that she don't know how to deal with is what I think." I said.

"Why is she always taking it out on you?" 

"I don't know how to put this without it sounding evil as hell but I think she tends to feel left out since my brother and I have the same parents...and her mom isn't with my dad. She thinks our dad treats me better than her but he really treat us all the same, she just does dumb shit. I've never treated her differently even though we have different mothers. I remember so much shit that her mom use to say to me when I was a small child and I'll never forget it. Her and my mom stayed into it all the time. She use to tell me that my dad wouldn't love me anymore because he has a new daughter...and I'm young, still a child and I use to believe it. I would feel like he didn't care those times when he would be on the road and he never called or I just never talked to him because I love my dad so much. I'm a daddy's girl, I've always been but her mom is really evil and it's rubbing off on her." I said sighing.