Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Alyssa

I don't even know what to say about the things that took place last night and I honestly am a little upset with myself that I stooped down to the level of low that she was on. I had a few drinks and was not having it. It just ticked me off that she brought up my ex physically abusing me like that's some shit to joke about and to say it around my family who I haven't just completely opened up to them about that situation. It clearly struck a nerve and pissed me off.

As Ryan and I made our way to eat breakfast in private, I noticed that security was more strictly enforced for my family.

"Alley.." Ryan said.

 I looked up at him. "Yes?"

He stopped before we got to the door to enter into our private room for breakfast.

"You okay?"

"I'm good Ryan, I'm just thinking about things."

"Keep that shit off your mind, we are on vacation and need to relax. I don't want your parents in here questioning any shit that we have going on. We good." Ryan explained.

"They are going to ask about my ex hitting me, I know them and it's coming, especially my dad." I told him.

"Well if they don't say anything then just leave it at that for now." 

I nodded as he opened the door for me and we entered the room. There was so much food on the table and I was pretty hungry so I sat down quickly.

"Goodmorning." I said smiling at everyone.

It was so much weird energy going on at the moment and it kind of made me uncomfortable but everyone still spoke back. We prayed over our food and began eating.

"What are we doing today?" Kayla asked trying to break the awkwardness I guess.

"Nothing was planned today so whatever you all want to do is fine, I'll probably just get a massage on the beach and relax." My mom said.

"That sounds amazing mom, I want to go with you." I said.

"You can, it'll be a nice time to have a chat with you." she said.

"Some catching up would be great."

"Well I want to do parasailing." Jailee said.

"Omg, that would be so lit." Kayla chimed in.

"You aren't afraid of heights?" My mom asked.

Jailee laughed. "No, that's been on my bucket list. Alley, we should definitely do it."

I looked at her crazy. "I don't know about all that, you better take Kayla with you. She seems like she's up for it."

I noticed how quiet my dad and Ryan were and it was making me so nervous. I know when he gets really quiet then there's a problem. I know my dad and he's upset but I'm so scared to approach him now and he's probably a little upset with Ryan as well for keeping it from him.

"Enjoy you life girl." My mom said smiling.

"I am, it's going pretty good so far." I added as I looked at the rock on my finger.