S1x07 - Night School || Part One

RAEGAN MCCALL

"Rae....." Sammy put her hand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry. I know that there was something going on between you two."

"He's gone," I whimpered.

God, I sound pathetic. He was a jerk to me! Why was I so upset?

"I'm here for you, Rae." She rubbed my shoulder in a comforting gesture.

"I'm fine!" I snapped, getting up, about to head for Scott and Stiles who were muttering things to each other and staring out the window.

But Sammy grabbed my wrist, halting me.

"I don't know what happened to you in the fifth grade, Raegan, but I do know one thing. Shutting yourself out from your loved ones doesn't make you strong. You know what makes you strong? Letting people in, Rae. Letting people in during the darkest of times. That's what makes you strong!"

She has no idea what she's talking about. She doesn't know what I've been through. She doesn't know the first thing about me! She doesn't understand.

No ones does.

And no one will.

SAMANTHA STILINSKI

"Save your deep, poetry crap for someone who gives a shit!" Rae snapped, ripping her wrist out of my grip.

Before I could say anything, I heard the front door open from behind Rae.

I looked behind her, to find Stiles not there.

We ran to the window, and peered through it.

"What the hell is he doing?!" I yelled.

But before Scott could answer, we saw the alpha run after Stiles. But he just stood there, frozen.

Rae opened the door and screamed, "Move you dumb shit!"

Finally, Stiles snapped out of it, and ran and came through the door just in time. He closed and locked the door with bolt-cutters.

"Those won't hold for long. We have to go," Scott announced.

We ran into a random classroom, and Scott put his hands on the teacher's desk and said, "Okay, come help me put this desk against the door."

"It's not gonna keep him out. I hate your boss," said Stiles, slumping against the desk.

"What?" Scott asked.

"Deaton," Stiles pronounced slowly, "The alpha. Your boss."

"I really don't think Dr. Deaton's the alpha. Almost positively. He's just not very alpha-y. Not even werewolf-y," Rae said.

"No," Scott agreed.

Stiles didn't miss a beat, "Uh, yes! A murdering, psycho werewolf!"

"It can't be," Scott answered.

"Oh come on, "Stiles chastised, "He disappears and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek twenty feet through the air. That's not convenient timing?"

Mm, he's got a point. But I didn't think it was Deaton either. I never got murderous chills around him. In fact, he always seemed real nice. Always had a smile on his face. Like a Barbie.

"It's not him," Scott said again.

Stiles was on a roll, "He killed Derek!"

Scott shook his head, "No, Derek's not dead. He can't be dead.

"Blood spurted out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury. He's dead, and we're next."

"Okay, just..." Scott put his head down, "What do we do?"