S1x08.5 - Lunatic || Part Two

SAMANTHA STILINSKI

After school, before lacrosse practice, I was in the hall, talking to Lydia and one of her friends that I forgot the name of, when Scott walked up to us.

"Hey Sammy," he said to me, then turned to Lydia. "Lydia, can we talk for a second?"

"Of course," Lydia smiled, flirtatiously.

Wait, what? Did I miss something?

He followed her into Coach's office.

Lydia's friend kept talking to me, but I couldn't pay attention.

I listened in to Lydia and Scott's conversation. Hey! I'm not eavesdropping, I'm just curious. What would Scott want to talk to Lydia about?

"Needed someone to talk to?" Lydia asked.

"It's just, uh, I needed to ask you something," Scott answered. "Do you know...uh... Do you know if Allison still likes me?"

"Of course she still likes you."

"Really?"

"She'll always like you... As friends. Just friends." What?!

"Just friends?"

"If you ask me, of course no one asks me, she made a big mistake. Ask me how I know that."

"How?"

"Because I know you locked us in there to protect us, that night. Because I know that if a guy risks his life for you, you should be grateful."

What the hell is she talking about? Just this morning, she was telling Allison what a jerk Scott is for abandoning them in the classroom that night.

"Are you grateful?" Scott asked, in a husky voice. What the hell?

I noticed the girl that was trying to talk to me had left. I felt bad, but I'd have to make it up to her later.

"I think you'd be pretty surprised... just... how grateful... I can be... " she said, walking closer to him.

They started making out and I burst through the door.

"Sammy!" Lydia exclaimed, fixing her hair.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING?!" I yelled at them. I rarely got mad, but when I did, I had to agree with Stiles; I was a monster. "Get out, Lydia!"

"Jesus Christ, Sammy. Chill." She left in a huff.

"What the hell was that?!" I scowled at Scott.

"She kissed me, Sammy. Not my fault," he snickered.

"This is not your fault?!" I spat. "How the hell am I going to tell my brother, who has been in love with my best friend since fifth grade, who is dating another guy, might I add, that his best friend kissed her?"

"Easy." He got really close to me, our faces were only a few inches apart. "Just don't tell him."

"I'm sorry," I said, taking a step away. "I have to."

"And why is that?" he mumbled, backing me up against the wall.

I tried pushing him away, but he was like a wall of steel.

"I hate your stupid super strength," I groaned.

"Should've thought of that before you came barging in, Sammy," he smirked.

Anger bubbled inside of me. He may be one of my best friends and I may care about him a lot, but I was not going to let him get away with this.