S1x10.5 - Co-Captain || Part Two

*Edit made by Potterheart234

SAMANTHA STILINSKI

I was with Allison and Lydia in the forest. Allison had said she wanted to make a pit stop before shopping.

"Allison - When you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting," Lydia groaned.

I let out a chuckle. I warned her not to wear heels, but she didn't listen.

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something," Allison said, ignoring Lydia's groaning. "Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

Wow, that took quite a turn. Was everybody in this trio going to date Jackson and realize how much of a jerk he is? I still don't know what I saw in him. The only special thing that I shared with him was him being my first kiss. Other than that, there was no real connection.

"Did he?" Lydia asked.

"Uh-huh. Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first," Allison said.

"Sure. As long as it's just friends."

"Well, yeah, I mean - It's not like I would take him to the coach's office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything," Allison told her.

I snickered.

"Uh, about that -" Lydia said. "I'm really sorry."

"I'm not mad at you for making out with him. I was just mad at you for not telling me," Allison said.

"So you forgive me?" Lydia asked.

"Yeah, but just tell us everything because that's what best friends do. Right, Sammy?" Allison said.

"Uh-huh," I nodded, uneasily.

I felt guilty. I was keeping so many things from them lately and I felt terrible about it. I usually told especially Lydia everything, but I've been keeping tons of secrets from her now. I just don't want them getting mixed up in everything.

"So..." Lydia said. "When are we going shopping?"

"Soon," Allison told her, taking out an arrow from her bag.

The smile from my face vanished. That was a hunter weapon.

"What does it do?" Lydia asked.

"We're about to find out," Allison replied.

"Be careful with that thing! I'm going to die out here before I even get to go to the formal!" I groaned.

"So melodramatic," Lydia rolled her eyes.

Allison notched the arrow into the bow and drew the bow back. Once she let go, the arrow hit a tree, exploding.

"Okay, Katniss Everdeen! What the hell was that?!" I exclaimed, an anxious smile on my face. Was she turning into a hunter?

"I don't know," she muttered, thoughtfully.

"Well - that was fun! Any more lethal weapons you wanna try out?" Lydia commented.

God, I hoped not.

We suddenly heard a sound of a twig snapping.

"Did you hear that?" Allison asked.

"Yes!" Lydia exclaimed. "Can we go now?"

"Relax. I'm going to find out what it is," Allison proclaimed. "Lydia, hold this." Allison gave the bow to Lydia and she held it gingerly.