fourteen

taehyung walked into jimin's apartment with a couple of grocery bags in his hands. he passed jimin on the couch, thinking nothing of it until he heard a small whimper-like sound come from the boy. automatically, as if on instinct, taehyung dropped the bags ans rushed to jimin's side.

he was awake, so it wasn't a dream or nightmare. jimin stared at the ceiling, sniffing loudly and letting out shaky breaths. taehyung sat him up, holding one of his small hands and hugging him close, patting his back soothingly.

"jiminie, what's wrong?" taehyung whispered, before seeing the line of hickeys trailing from his adam's apple to his ear. yoongi. "did yoongi hurt you?"

jimin shrugged.

"baby, talk to me." taehyung said. "what happened, chim? what's wrong?"

"i-it just hit me all of a sudden that he really doesn't care about m-me." jimin hiccupped. he clutched onto tae, "it hurts, i love him so much and he sees me for my body."

"i don't want to say i told you so," taehyung said. "but i told you so. it's just going to get worse, chim, i promise. this is why you need to put a stop to this."

jimin calmed himself down, wincing as he moved position. he never let go of taehyung's hand, though. "i know."

"then why are you still allowing this?" taehyung asked. he sighed deeply and ran a hand through his hair.

"i..." jimin sighed and looked at his crossed legs. "i love him so much, tae. i feel like he'll develop something along the way of this. as nice hoseok is, i hate seeing him with yoongi. you know?"

believe me, jimin, i know how it feels. taehyung thought.

"i really doubt it." taehyung mumbled. "but who knows? maybe he will."

··

"why are you always at jimin's?" hoseok asked softly, looking at his hands. he found a stray thread on his jeans and pulled at it, not meeting yoongi's gaze.

"because he's my best friend, hoseok." yoongi lied, "is it wrong to spend time with my best friend?"

jimin wasn't yoongi's best friend. yoongi didn't even consider jimin a friend.

"you aren't jimin's best friend," hoseok mumbled.

yoongi bkinked. "how would you know?"

"i would know because taehyung and i have hung out before with jin hyung and namjoon." hoseok said, standing up. "he told me about his and jimin's friendship. and his undying love for him."

"taehyung likes jimin?" yoongi grinned, "ha, who would've thought?"

"what does that mean?"

"i thought he would get with jungkook," yoongi chuckled. "because, you know, that's what happens usually. best friend gets with the ex."

hoseok frowned, "not always. anyways, i'm going to go shower."

yoongi stood up and placed his hands on hoseok's hips, "mind if i join?"