forty-five

jimin was by namjoon's side as they walked along a case of rings varying in size, color, and price. namjoon let out a heavy sigh, looking toward the smaller boy next to him.

"have you found anything?" he asked, once again. jimin looked up at him, his bangs covering his eyes.

"would jin want something big or small?" jimin asked, his eyes scanning the seemingly endless row of glittering rings.

namjoon followed jimin's gaze that was on a row of rings that had diamonds that weren't too big, but weren't too small at the same time. "he would want something noticable, but not to the point to where it's the center of attention."

"sounds about right," jimin hummed. he pointed to a small silver band with three diamonds, the one in the middle slightly bigger than the other two. it was simple, yet stunningly beautiful. "how about this one?"

"that's it," namjoon nodded, able to see the ring on seokjin's fourth left finger. he looked up to see a young woman standing by the necklaces, rearranging them.

"excuse me?" namjoon called out, hoping to grab her attention, which it did. she turned around with a small smile on her face, rushing over to the two boys.

"what can i help you with?" she leaned on the counter, smiling happily.

"can we see that ring?" jimin asked, pointing to the one he'd seen. she nodded and asked what size, namjoon's face draining of color.

"uh," namjoon cleared his throat. "i don't know what size, actually..."

"you've dated the man for seven years and still don't know his ring size?" jimin asked, hitting namjoon softly on the shoulder.

"no," namjoon sheepishly looked down, a blush spreading across his cheeks. jimin shook his head, turning back to the worker.

"ignore him. he better be happy i decided to skip work for this." jimin sighed and shook his head, mumbling to himself. "so my rings are too small, about two sizes i'd say, for seokjin..."

she listened to the boy in front of her mumble a few more words to himself before he looked up, twisting his own ring between his fingers. she listened as he told her the requested ring size, unlocking the cabinet and getting it out.

jimin slipped it on, the ring obviously too big, but seemed to fit as loose as seokjin's did. he turned ti namjoon, "i think we've got it."

"do we?" namjoon asked, taking the ring from jimin. he examined it before looking at the woman, "we'll take it."

she smiled, "alright. i'll wrap it up for you and meet you at the front counter so you can pay."

he handed the ring to her, going to where she where she said she would meet them. after paying the grand total of three hundred dollars, the duo left, namjoon hoping for the best.

..
i wrote this while watching the conjuring 2 DJJSKSK

this also might be ending soon but idk, haven't fully decided yet 👀