53: Never Belonged

"Gray! Where have you been!" I woke up at the sound of voices.

Around me was Black, White, Cheren and Bianca.

"What happened??! One second I called you in the XTransceiver then 12 hours later I heard you're in the Center! Unconscious!"

"Are you okay?" Bianca said.

"Yeah. I'm okay," I stood up, grabbing my bag from the table.

"Wait! Gray-" White started to say.

"Where are you going?!" Cheren said.

"I'm going home," I said.

"Home?? Why??" White said.

"Because I'm a failure," I muttered.

Black blocked me from the door. "What happened?!"

"*#%^ HAPPENED!" I cussed. "Now, get out of my way!"

"What's wrong with you?!" Cheren said.

"EVERYTHING'S WRONG WITH ME!" I shouted. "NOW GET OUT OF MY FRICKING WAY!"

"We just wanted to see if you were okay," Black said. "And don't cuss!"

"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" Cheren said, raising his voice.

"I'M THE PROBLEM! I NEVER SHOULD HAVE ASKED PROFESSOR JUNIPER TO JOIN THIS STUPID ADVENTURE!" I raised my voice higher. "KNOW WHAT?! JUST CONTINUE DOING WHAT REAL DEX HOLDERS DO AND LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"Are we talking about the Pokédex problem again?" Bianca groaned.

"Gray, you ARE a Dex holder! You just don't have a Pokédex. We're a team remember?" Black said.

"YOU'RE WRONG! I WAS NEVER A DEX HOLDER! I NEVER BELONGED! I DIDN'T EVEN COME FROM UNOVA ANYWAY!" I snapped.

"So what if you don't have a Pokédex, that doesn't mean we aren't friends," White said. "And we don't care if you didn't live in Unova before."

"Just tell us what happened," Bianca said.

"We'll solve this thing together," Black added.

"FINE I'LL TELL YOU! I DESTROYED EVERYTHING! MY AUNT JOINED TEAM PLASMA BECAUSE OF ME! ZEKROM WAS AWAKENED BECAUSE OF ME! COBALION AND VIRIZION AND WHOEVER ELSE GOT CAPTURED BECAUSE OF ME! I TRIED TO BE A HERO! I TRIED TO HELP! BUT I FAILED! I RUINED EVERYTHING!" I said. "NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!" I pushed Black away and took off, to the only place I found peace. The place where I'm alone.

I stayed at Pinwheel Forest. It was the only place quiet, dark and secluded. I looked down, where children were playing with their Pokémon. That's the last time they'll ever play because of me.

I looked at the place where Virizion and I met. Virizion can't roam anymore because of me.

I looked at my Pokémon inside their Poké Balls. They looked sad and depressed. Because of me. Because their trainer was a failure.

I took everyone out of their Poké Balls.

"I release you. Go enjoy the wild," I said.

They looked at each other and shook their heads.

"Leave," I said. "I order you to."