👼Surprise👼

Chapter 2.

Dedicated to gudduR.Happy birthday Veeru!!❤

Kabir.

"Eat on time and be careful."

"Yeah mom, I will now bye."

"Take care"

"See you." I shake my head ending the call. Mom cares about me a bit too much. Always worries more about my diet.

I am on my way back to Chandigarh. My hometown. I had come from Dublin to start a new project in Pune next month. A month of holiday and I am so looking forward to spend a good amount of time with my family.

I think about mom and grand mom's agenda of filling everyone's stomach full. And with me, this mission is specially executed. They love me so much, but I am proud owner of my fit body, I can't ruin it with so much calories.

More work out days for me are coming this whole month. I think sighing.

A small smile graze my lips as I watch the exchange in the passenger seat of the bus I am seated in.

A small boy, with rats eyes, is curiously anticipating his mother to feed him. The mother breaks the chapatti, rolls it with the mango pickle in between and feeds him, with love overflowing in her eyes.

I remember how I wasn't so easy with making friends in my new high school, I had had to change my school,leaving my old friends behind. But my mom's tiffin box always did the magic and I had new friends to my delight.

I smile looking out of the window as the bus makes move. I like travelling in the bus more than trains or flights. Road journeys excites me.

I have enjoyed half the ride playing vice city on my iPad and with Andy Grammar singing 'keep your head up' in my ears.

I have a thing for virtual games.

As the sun sets behind the blurring green fields, the next song starts playing.
My mind replays the same song someone hummed last night. Aashna Mathur.

I rest my chin on the knuckles of my hand and my mind takes me back to the most beautiful face I've ever seen.

We were having a walk on the dark streets of Bhopal yesterday when she had hummed ,

"Shaam bhi koi ...jese hai nadi...hmm hmm hmm muh hmm muh"

That was one of my favourite songs. She was so easy to be around.

I told her "I like this song".

She had giggled saying, " I don't know why but you would seem to like everything I say now, wouldn't you?"

I was off guarded. "Why would I do that?"

She shrugged as if that was the most obvious thing she'd said.

"Guys do that all the time."

"They don't. No." I'd said defiantly. I might have looked like a stubborn child demanding what he needed. But I stated the truth.

"Well they do when around girls." she seemed to be enjoying then.

"Not all of them." Who did she think she was!
"You think I want to flatter you?" I asked her with my mouth slightly open still hanging on where I said you.

She shook her head muttering to herself bits of which I caught as 'crazy guys.shitty them.'

I felt revolted. "Listen two people can have same choices. Besides I can sing the song better than you.

She'd stopped walking. "Sing." We were in front of a house which specked white in the surrounding darkness.

What! I gaped at her. That looked so childish, arguing over pointlessly.

She smirked,"I'm sure you can. I have a hard time remembering lyrics."

She wore one of those funny looks a kid does when caught stealing from the jelly jar. I understood the mischievous look she gave as to lighten the mood.

I grinned at her as she grinned back at me.

"Aashu di! Light aagay!!" (Electricity is back)

We looked up at the terrace of the very house we stood in front of, from where a distant figure of a girl had called.

"Yaa kukkie! I'm coming" Aashna replied back.

I mused to myself 'kukkie' not realizing I had uttered it Loud enough to be heard by Aashna.

"She's my sister Kavya. I call her kukkie. Anyways I'll see you around" she smiled at me. "Bye. good night."

I watched her disappear into the house. That had to be hers. I didn't reply, a part of me wanted more time with her. She was a comfortable company.

I had packing to do so I headed to Kapoor's .

What did she mean by she'll see me around. Did she wanted to? like I did badly?

I realize with a slight disappointment, that other than her name and house I know nothing about her.

She'd asked what did I do and where did I live and I had taken to answering, enjoying what little of her face I could see in the darkness.

All other times I was most curious and observant. But this was first for me. I was so amazed at that little moment our arms had brushed as we walked side by side that I didn't ask her much which generally was a part of first meeting conversations.

Instead we had some stupid judgemental talk over boys flattering girls. I shake my head sighing.

My phone notification lights up my cell.

Some kukkie_princess77 started following me. I give an irritated look at the mobile screen.
Why do girls keep such usernames . Princess, Angel, Juliet all crap!

Then something switches on in my mind just like light bulb.

Kukkie!

A beautiful girl in yellow dress with a tiara sitting on her head is smiling at me from the DP. I request to follow her private account, still cringing at the princess in her username. Girls! I roll my eyes and reach for my bag.

Next is my stop. I lied to my mom of eating,i hadn't taken anything to eat with me except from what my aunt Neha packed for the journey.

I know loads of full meal dinner is waiting for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aashna.

"Woah di! He's so handsome." Exclaims kukkie, checking her mobile.

"For the last time kukkie! Stop it!" I bellow at her.

The moment she saw me with a guy last night she is acting a bit too interested in the guy. She'd dragged me at the Kapoor's earlier this afternoon.

I admit I was slightly disappointed when Neha aunty told us casually , she was busy as her nephew Kabir was here and left before we came.

I was unaware of the frown I wore since then , until now as I look into my phone's front camera. It is a bad selfie day.

Well I wonder what's up with kukkie. She is grinning way too much after this certain guy Kabir has requested to follow her back.

I give out an irritated sigh of 'now what' as kukkie giggles.

"He says I'm beautiful but not more than you." Her eyes shine in excitement.

We both chew on our lower lip,it is a sign of excitement along with nervousness , we both sisters show in common.

Kukkie is happy because finally a guy is taking interest in me. He might have started asking her questions about me already.

"Okay I'm going to go help mum". I grab my wireless headphones and heads towards the kitchen.

My phone beeps in the back pocket of my jeans.

Notifications always gives me an itch to check and clear all of them as soon as I receive them.

Kabir Malhotra has requested to follow you.

I swear under my breathe. Kukkie might have charmed him into befriending me with a little intention. I glare at her who is sitting on the sofa in the hall typing with her lower lip still in her tooth grip.

I'm not someone famous among boys and even if they take interest I don't let them. Though Kabir is making me drop my guard as I accepts his request.

"Peel those potatoes"

"Sure" I reply to my mum, my eyes still scanning his open account.

"Interesting". I murmur low.

"If you say so." Mum's amused voice makes me look up at her. "Potatoes weren't ever interesting to me."

I can feel the heat dripping from my ear lobes to the back of my neck.

I keep away the phone hastily and start on with the potatoes. I love them, potatoes. Correction. I love them baked by my mum.

At night, kukkie had winked at me knowingly before retiring to sleep. Well it was on pretense that she was sleepy. But I know that she knows I knew she was waiting for Aditya's call.

I wouldn't ever figure out what does she see in him. He jokes all the time. Well, I guess having a boyfriend who is good at clicking candids for her and has a humor bone certifies to be cool!

I play Gulabi 2.0 while I clean up my room and makes my bed.

As I lay in my bed grabbing mr.froggy close to me, my phone beeps.

It is kukkie's text. Well I wasn't expecting anyone else.

Kabir! He! Is so hot! Isn't he?

I facepalm! My dear kukkie, why is she setting me up!

Beep. Another text.

Go on check him out! Good night. Love you 💙

I chuckle to myself, texting her back.

I hate you too :P catch up with your sleep. Not! Xoxo

I shake my head fondly. She loves WhatsApping.

I am suddenly curious. My finger pads works on their own accord to Kabir's profile.

He is nice.

What do I know.

He seems nice.

Handsome. Creative.Hot too! Yes I can tell from his posts. I'm most impressed by his six packs. Kukkie sure wanted me to see this one particular pic where he is standing on a beach in his naked glory with a nice view behind him, of sunset and birds taking off.

A blush creep up my neck. I feel hot. Well I am no less. I have an amazing and impressive profile too.

I send him a text.

I thought I'll see you around.tum toh itni jaldi bhaag gaye :P (I thought I'll see you around, you left so early)

I switch off the side lamp, getting comfortable in my bed. Beep. Comes his playful reply.

You want to see me? Meet me at your doorstep in two.

I hear my heart go excitedly in a cartwheel. I lick my lips.

Haha :P I don't suppose you know that much of apparition.

Beep.

I'm open to learn, I think that would be fun.

Really?

Beep.

Yeah! If I'm lucky I could apparate in sunny leone's house.

You'd rather say bathroom :p. I smirks. What is with boys and sunny!

Beep.

Good idea! When are we starting?

Starting what?

Beep.

Apparition classes :P

I can imagine him winking as he texted so.

Don't you have to sleep? (-_-)

Beep.

Nah! I'd rather be up whole night to talk to you.

I take my time, blank for a moment not processing what to say at that. I type,

Good night, Kabir.

It feels unusually good to use his name. His reply doesn't comes.

An hour later.

Nothing.

Another hour. I am wide awake and maybe he is already asleep.

I scroll on his profile again checking some posts and captions. He has some great clicks. I can tell he is passionate for what he does.

I liked such people. I like him. We can make good friends. It has been long I had one.

I'm not much into chatting. Few friends are there whom i'd love to meet but they are busy. So busy anyway that they are somehow available everywhere on social networking anytime.

I prefer spending time with family and if not them then books.

I have some students who pops up in my inbox often. Some with nice intentions, others fascinated by me might be wanting to impress and get in my good books.

Thinking all these things in my life I drift into a dreamless slumber.

Just like the last thought before sleep engulfed me, Kabir, is on my mind first thing in the morning when I wake up too.

I grimace on seeing no messages from him.

"Didn't he say he'd love to talk to me all night?"

"Oh really?" Kukkie shrieks looking very pleased. Shoot. I sigh.

"You should've knocked!" I glare at her getting up.

"Or you should keep your thoughts in check." She wave off smugly.

I sigh glad that she didn't insist on reading my chats with Kabir though I had expected her to, seeing her excitement.

I don't go out much. Don't hang out with guys. Kukkie wants me to find some love.

I frown as a lady's picture sits in my imagination, spatting at me with a lot of teeth to find love.

I dash to my closet stamping a li'll too much on my foot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kabir.

I jog to my house, greeted by strong aroma of black pepper. I see mom frying me some Mathris. My mouth waters.

"Where did you go early morning?" I turn around to find my grand mom. Wishing her good morning I bend down to touch her feet.

"Sunrise point and biji look I got you these jasmine flowers. Aaj aapko lene nahi jaana padega" (today you won't have to go for plucking flowers)

I smile knowing well she is scowling at my camera hanging around my neck. But I can't help. I like clicking the huge fire ball rising above early mornings. Sunrises brings the best amount of peace.

"Oho! Rab naa kare tu apne iss camera se shaadi krle." (God forbid that you marry this camera of yours)

I chuckle at her comment. She blesses me before going to pay respect to god, her lips moving in inaudible prayers.

I tiptoes to the kitchen and tucks a red rose in my mom's hairs, accidentally untying her bun. She shakes her head at me tying them back and feeds me a Mathri.

"Mmm..yum"
I have missed you mom.

As if reading my thoughts she speaks when I look at her lovingly." Yaad nahi aati humari?" (Do you not miss us?)

It hurts even to look at her eyes. They hold so much of love, all of it for me. I am the only kid to my parents. Living in Dublin away from home is hard but I endure it all in order to prove my dad that passion can earn too.

Mom is a great support to me but I know when she tries to look strong she also cries inwardly, missing me. I gulp and nods in yes not trusting my voice at the moment.

"We don't miss you. Time hi nahi milta" (we have no time to miss you)

I chuckle at her for I have noticed an emotion in her voice. Love.

"Accha!" (Oh yeah?) I feed her the Mathri as she hums merrily.

"When's dad coming?"

"Tomorrow"

"Great!" I cheer, helping mom with the frying as she rounds the dough and pricks it with a fork.

The rest of the day passes in catching up with mom and grandmom. It has been a week since I arrived. Dad's out on a business tour.

I'm going to pick dad from the airport next morning and will be spending the night in Delhi. I have an appointment with Mr. Ronald who is my senior photographer and is leaving for Sydney tonight.

I check my phone.11:11

Exactly 12 hours ago I was chatting to the most beautiful girl I know after my mom and grandmom.

That night I hadn't seen her properly under the street light. She looked cuter in her pajama bottoms and messy hairs. But now I have seen her pics and knows that she is pretty in and out. I chuckle at the memory of the night we first chatted and i've fallen asleep while talking to her. I have chatted with her, every night and mid days when she wasn't taking classes since one week. She is beauty with brains. I know a lot of things about her now.

Now again I find myself staring at her picture that is awakening a feeling in the pit of my stomach.

A feeling that says I'd do anything to have her smiling .

A feeling that threatens me in a strange way. I am breathing hard looking at one of her smiling pictures. I am sure no other girl has ever made me feel this way.

I want this picture to turn into a moving one right now if only it can. I need to see her. A week of crazy cravings to go back in time and hold her hand again is making me mad.

Kukkie, yes! She is always help. I send a text to her.

Hey! Are you guys free to video chat with me tonight?

Yes.But di has left for Delhi, she has a workshop to attend.Came her reply.

She is business. Now my irritation with the princess in her username seems to be fading away.

I am damn lucky or am I? She is going to be in Delhi too!

Really? Can I get her number?

Beep.

:P 😛😛😛

I sit frowning at her reply scratching the back of my head. If only boys could understand girls.

Beep.

Next moment I am delighted and excited as kukkie has given me Aashna's phone no. And also the hotel name she will be to staying at.

Kukkie has welcomed me as her elder brother and I know she trusts me. I grin at the I TRUST YOU written in bold in her text.

That meant warning. I thank her quickly.

I am grinning way too much as I leave for Delhi in my dad's car.

"Get ready for surprise Aashna Mathur."

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

*Click the screen and hit the star at the bottom of your screen to vote*

What is he gonna do? How r u guys liking Kabir?

I know u all are in love with Kukkie

Can you make out Aashna's thoughts?
Is she affected?/

Tell me all of it in the comments below coz I love it when you type long long reviews.

Love always,

Sue

PS. Mathris are flaky biscuits made of flour and are mainly a dish found in Rajasthan much. Since the update was for a Rajasthani girl Garima...I got it into the update. My.mouth watered along with Kabir. :v