👼Blessing👼

*Click on the screen and hit the star at the bottom of your screen to vote*

chapter 5.☺

❤Dedicated to Samanion kyuki aaj iska bday wala din hai. And we're gonna party hard!!

Aashna.

It felt like really long time we were staring into each other's eyes.

"Kya hua?" I asked.

He looked down and gave a last strum of 'you became the meaning of my life.'

What could possibly be up with him?

He had no girlfriends so breakups were out of question.
His family was all okay.
He hadn't told them he was staying with me. Was there any chances of them coming to know about this?

Before I could run my mind more on what can make Kabir Malhotra sad , he answered in a pained voice,
"It's my dadu ,I miss him terribly now."

"Oh" shoot. I was bad at that stuff myself .how was I going to make him feel better!

"Uh...is it that day?"

"No. Can't I miss him on other days"

"Of course you can." I replied quickly. I thought talking would help but talking about it was a bad idea with Kabir.

His eyes closed and I sat not knowing what to say.
Just then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it" I said but didn't move still watching him closely.
He sighed and I watched him gracefully walk to the door.

I wasn't liking this Kabir. Him with a sad face.it twisted my heart. I was confused over my own reaction and gave a look of dislike to the guitar as if it was that who was guilty.

"Kaun tha?"
I asked him and he showed me the keys before barging in his room.

Kabir has arranged for a car from his cousin for a month that he was here.
I took them as car keys.

But Kabir was really low like I'd never seen before. I needed to do something .

Biting my lip I walked to his closed door. Just when I was about to go in he appeared suddenly, towering close over me.
I stumbled back and he steadied me.

I noticed he had put on a t shirt and a jacket.

"Are you going out?"

"We are. Get ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

20 minutes later I found myself seated in the passenger seat of ford figo with Kabir behind the wheels.

I'd wanted to drive but Kabir insisted he wanted to keep busy and promised me he would let me when coming back.

I made small talks and he replied in 'hmm' and 'umm hunh' at right places.

I wondered where was he taking me. It was drizzling lightly.

I watched him from the corner of my eyes and he looked uncomfortable from his stiff shoulders.
I kept my hand on his shoulder prodding him to relax and he did visibly.

"I'm sorry I'm just ....I don't know meri kuch bhi karne ki icha nahi hai. I want some time to myself."

I took my hand back and he looked at me.
"I understand." I said nodding, "but you don't want to be alone, that's why you brought me here."

I gestured to the lake as he pulled over.
There was a serene sight of lake surrounded by black soil and huge rocks. The water was blue and clear.

This would prove perfect place to be at when you need some silence and peace.

We left our footwears in the car and walked barefoot on the half damp soil from the little raindrops falling.

The earthen fragrance hit my nostrils and I breathed in its pleasure.

"Can I put some music?"

"As you wish" I replied watching him as he scrolled on his cellphone,his hairs standing in attention to the winds and ruffling over his forehead.

There was a pillar like long rock at the edge of the lake.

🎶🎵🎼Main rahoo ya naa rahoo, tum mujhme kahin baaki rehna.....🎶🎵🎼

Kabir kept the phone over the rock and slid down to sit, his back resting on the rock wall.
I followed him.

"Yeah.music helps."

I slid down on opposite side of Kabir and rested my back.

🎶🎵🎼Mujhe neend aaye jo aakhri , tum khwaabon mein aate hi rehna...🎶🎵🎼

Kabir sang with the singer and I closed my eyes as the breezes washed over my face.

"Music helps. But you know what else helps? Talking."

I said and hoped he heard me. I couldn't see his face but I knew he was contemplating. So I waited.

"Three years back today I left for Dublin. Dad wanted me to join him but I had dreams that were different from dad's view of 'happy life'.
It was dadu who took stand for me. It was him who gave me the courage to go explore my talents and push my abilities to make it worth all."

Kabir was coming undone. I looked over my shoulders to his back facing me. We both sat on either side of the rock between us.

I reached out my hand to his kept on the cold wet soil and threaded my fingers into his as he continued.

"I walked out from the brewing row between my dad and dadu. There was no stopping me, I wanted to prove myself to dad. I went to Ireland on a scholarship and..." He breathed in a gush of air.

"And?"

"And not once did dad call. I was so stupid and reckless at that age, I blamed dadu for all of it that went bitter between dad and me. Dadu used to call me daily but I made excuses to not talk."

"Dad did understand me at last and believed that I was doing ok with my career. Mom showed faith. But dadu ke calls dheere dheere ana bnd hogaye the. By the time I realised my huge mistake it was too late. I ...I wanted to thank and say all those lovely things to my dadu who was the only one supporting me with dadi."

He choked and again sounded pained. I squeezed his hand to provide some comfort.

"Phir?"
I asked softly, dreading the answer already.

"Phir kya. Bol diya. Sab kuch keh diya India aakar. keh diya how i regretted my behaviour , how I realised I acted like a jerk and how I loved him for all that he did for me."
A whimper left his mouth.

"I seeked forgiveness. I kept crying but he didn't forgive me. Par woh kuch bole hi nahi."

The song was still playing and I knew Kabir had tears in his eyes by now. I could hear it in his cracked voice.

I let him be, still holding hands with him.

🎵🎶🎼Main dikhoo yaa naa dikhoo, tum mujhko mehsoos karnaa...
Bas itnaa hai tumse kehnaa..🎶🎵🎼

" Woh aaj tak mujhe maaf karne nahi aaye, kabhi nhi aye..."

I felt so bad for him,crying like that. But I knew he hadn't done the crying before and it would do some good to his guilt if he'd let it all out.

I walked to him on my knees on the other side and gathered his face in my hands shaking my head.

It hurt to look at him look like that, so miserable.

"Hey! Pagal kahin ke. Tum itna bhi nahi samjhe buddhu. Your dadu has long forgiven you. Aaj jo bhi ho sirf unki wajah se and jo bhi kuch tumhaari life mein accha ho raha hai it's his blessing."

It was working on him as he drank my words in. He looked at me.

"Do you really ...believe so?"

"Aur nahi toh kya! Tumhe kya lgta hai itni sundar ladki tumhari friend aise hi ban gayi?"
I raised my eyebrows at him.

The next moment I found myself buried in his arms and I was flushed into his chest as he hugged me tight.

He was taller than me so I craned my neck up to his ears to whisper,
"Idiota!"

I felt his body shake with a slight chuckle against mine.

🎶🎵🎼Kuch kahoo yaa naa kahoo, tum mujhko sada sunte rehnaa...
Bas itnaa hai tumse kehnaa..
Bas itnaa hai tumse kehnaa...🎶🎵🎼

"Thank you Aashna"
He stared at me coming out of the hug , his arms still around me.

His chocolate eyes were deep and sincere.

Suddenly realising I was this close to a guy for the first time, I moved out of his arms.

"Sirf thanks se kaam nahi chalega" I smiled at him playfully.

"Acha? Toh kya chaiye tumhe?"
He wore an innocent look as he stepped closer to me.

I was glad to see my Kabir back.

Did I say 'my Kabir?' I mentally shrugged. 'haan mera hi toh hai'

I gave him a sweet grin "Pani Puri!"

He rolled his yes and I laughed.
"C'mon aaj toh banta hai,baarish bhi aarahi hai"

"Exactly that's why it's not a good idea I think"

"Ofcourse it is!" I put my hands on my hips giving him -i-would-take-no-nonsense- look.

"Chalo" I tugged at his elbow and lead the way to the car.

🎶🎵🎼Bas itnaa hai tumse kehna...
Bas itnaa hai tumse kehnaa...🎶🎵🎼

The song got clearer despite the nature's roar and I knew Kabir had followed me with his cell phone.

Next half-hour I drove the car in the gentle pit pat of rain.

I wasn't that perfect, Kabir still had to guide me over the driving part. I was being patient and careful,obeying him.

I liked when he took charge of the situation.

We were at a nice Pani Puri stall where he was satisfied with the hygiene
I was still relishing the taste with my nose slightly running.

"Why do you have to eat it so much spicy if you can't bear?"

He asked me as we were walking to the car.
I was about to retort a smart answer but the sky flashed with a loud thunder.
It started raining hard and sharp.we hurried to cross the road.

"Jaldi" Kabir opened the car door for me and I stepped inside to the warmth of the car.
I was shivering from my damp clothes. We were fully drenched and dripping wet.

After getting in the car he closed all the windows and turned on the heat followed by the radio.

It came out with a nice song 'main hoon deewana tera'

"What song man!"

"Favourite song"

We both cheered together.

❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣

Kabir.

I was smiling as I drove in the heavy rain with the song playing and Aashna sitting beside me looking like that.

She looked so happy and it was her warmth which radiated out to me.

I was feeling so better in ages.
All because of her.

She was right. It was dadu's blessings that I have her in my life.

I had loved it when she'd said it so exact unknowingly.

She was indeed a blessing.

📻Surat yeh jo aankho mein utri hai,
Maine toh duniya bhulaai saari hai📻

"Stop staring at me! Aage dekh kar chalaao" she said running her fingers through her damp hairs.

I grinned and looked ahead.

My eyes caught sight of light scratches and dirt on her knees.

"Ye kya" I pointed.

"Lake site par patthar se laga hoga" she wiped the dirt off and blew air at her scratches.

I remembered she'd knee walked to me.

"Din bhar shorts pehnogi toh ese hi hoga na"

"You don't get to tell me what to wear" she glared at me.

"Oops o...k" I raised my both hands in surrender and she patted my hand.

"Hands at wheels"

I smiled , steering the car towards home. It was so nice to call a place home after mine in chandigarh. Because even if I've been living in Dublin , the place can never become home to.me.

Though I was only going to live here for a month , a flat with her was home.

📻"Hai tujhko batana....hoo tera deewana.."📻

I sang with the radio and she joined me in the chorus.

📻"Deewana teraaa.... Tujhe hi bulaaye
Ye marzi teri...tu aaye na aaye.."📻

The car took several bumps suddenly before coming to a halt.

"Damn it"

"Oh no! Don't tell me car kharaab hogyi"

I nodded at her after several attempts at trying to restart it.

"Wow!" She rolled her eyes and I gave her an interested look.

"Aisa sach mein bhi hota hai...beech sadak baarish mein car kharaab ho jaaye and.."

I cut her off tapping at her nose.she was adorable.
" Films ki deewani , chalo ghar waise bhi pass mein hai"

"What we're walking in the rain?"

"Unless you have wings" I smirked and got out remembering to take the warm jacket I'd placed on the backseat.

It was a light drizzle. As soon as she got out I placed the jacket around her

"Tight it around, tumhara sab dikh raha hai"

She quickly fastened it slightly gaping at me.

"Tum pehle nahi de sakte the !"

I felt naughty as my eyebrows quirked up.

"Maine toh sab kuch dekh liya hai ...par ab mai yeh nahi chahta baki log bhi dekhe"

I smirked and started walking ahead.

"You...kitne besharam ho.....ruko!"

She followed me muttering under her breathe.

I chuckled knowing well how many curse words and death glares were flying my way. 

*Click on the screen and hit the star at the bottom of your screen to vote*

❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣

👂👂👂👂👂👂
Anything to say for this bonus chapter?

Bwhahhahahhha I know Kabir is one hell of a devil.
Hope you enjoyed the last scene.

And the whole chappy. I'm dying to hear from you guys. So drop comments and please vote me.

Love always,

Sue 💜