👼Keeper👼

☺Chapter - 5☺

Dedicated to asifiqbalsh bhai for your constant support and interest in whatever I have written till now❤

Keeper

Life in Dublin's city centre is charming, slightly chaotic and fairly laid back. The centre of Dublin has a very organic feel to it, with its winding, narrow streets and low buildings. There is only one grand avenue in the centre and that is O'Connell Street. The rest of the streets are much more human in scale and I push my way through the morning crowd. It's a beautiful sunny day and I had taken the bus till here. The morning energy is radiating from everyone as some people walk to their workplaces, some are tourists exploring the shopping streets and here I am, hiding under the baseball cap I'm wearing. What would I have given to let my hair fall free but it's on me to hide the few grey hairs I have. They are starting to show up now that the dye is wearing off. I purse my lips, regretting not waking up early and getting another coating before I headed out. Why do all the problems have to be in my bag God? I look up and keep walking straight, trying to avoid looking at the expensive dresses that hang in the shopping store's windows. They look so beautiful on these mannequins but not on me. Besides I have no occasion to wear them too whatsoever but a woman's urge to shop has always been hard to resist.

Walking on the familiar pebbled streets, my feet stop on their own accord in front of the Temple Bar. Every place holds memories of my youth with Kabir and it's sad that only five years have passed and I should have been living my youth still but I feel so old as if generations have passed by since Kabir and I were here on the same streets, goofing around and dancing without our shoes. The laughter and giggles still ring in my ears as I stand in the middle of the cultural quarter.

No Aashna! I chide myself to not lose control and put on a brave face. I am going to see my Rui ka gol after two days of waiting around and that is all that matters. Kabir will never be mine and I have to stop myself from wishing he can be. I was strong enough to let him go then but after years of solitude, my yearnings to be loved are messing with my head and this is a fight that I have to win against every force which will push me towards him.

I start walking again, passing a smile at someone at the side of the street who is playing saxophone. The guy blinks at me gently as if comforting me this too shall pass, his music complimenting my state of loneliness.

I take a deep breath when I finally see the "Porterhouse Brewery" board. It's a small pub or dine in at the corner of the street. I have to cross the glass doors and windows to the other side of the street to reach the entrance of their garden.There are not many people at this time of the morning here, only a few who might have stopped for a quick brunch. My eyes look through the window as I walk on the sidewalk outside. There is no sign of Kabir and I relax a bit knowing that he isn't around.

'Good. I'd quickly take a look at the accommodation and leave,' I think. It's better if we see less of each other. I know it's going to be impossible to not meet him if I am going to be around his daughter and live here but the less interaction, the less chance of him lambasting me on my every action. I reach the small black gate on the other side of the street and enter. It's like a back exit for all the workers in the brewery too. Nobody walking outside can guess there actually is a small garden besides the brewery. I haven't seen it yet, just heard from Kalpana aunty when she called last night to have me look at the cabin they want a lodger for.

A strong essence hits me when I take another breath while passing the small scale brewery. It's familiar from the beer and something that I have always associated with Kabir and Ireland. So he is a brewer now! Who would have thought he'd leave his camera and become a family man. I grimace and sit on the stairs that goes up to Malhotra's residence. Oh Kabir! I am still not over the fact that Aarohi is no more. The last time I saw her was when she had come and begged to take Kabir back into my life. After that I only saw her on social media and at the time she saved my life I was half unconscious but I remember she was bellowing at me, trying to make me realize I should value my life. Five years later now, I'm sitting outside Kabir's house, alive, but Aaohi's no more.