👼I miss him👼

*Click on the screen and hit the star at the bottom of your screen to vote*

chapter 8.☺

Dedicated to Priya_Sweety as a post birthday gift. I'm so sorry for the lateness :( but I love you

Aashna.

I- Koi explaination hai mujhe kiss krne ki?

Kabir- kick. Fun. :p

I grunted squeezing that little cushion beneath my ankle and throwing my phone away on the couch.
Ever since Kabir pulled out that stunt of pecking me on my cheeks, I was unable to take my mind off that moment.

No, i'm not going all flat at him or something, I agree he's hot and handsome and has all the charms but he is also my friend, very good at that one...and here he acted as my boyfriend for my own good and i don't know why but somehow i'm infuriated.

My landlady blessed our bond funnily enough and I'm glad she bought our lie. Now its been a month and with my savings and extra money that I earned I'm finally buying the flat so I'd not have to find another play-boyfriend for this no bachelors policy of hers.

My phone pinged and there were two kissing emoticons from Kabir. I sent him the middle finger stuck up and cursed under my breath. That's how Yash found me as he walked in.

"Hey! If you're not going to sit and fire vile oats and curses the whole day , can we watch a movie?"

I tutted and said "sure"

"Was getting too bored, I'll be out at the evening shift" he said as he played the disc.

"Unhuh!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Few weeks had passed and I was again fully fit and fine.
Though, according to Kukkie and yash I'd lost my mind because in everything I did and say there was this name 'Kabir' which would pop up without me knowing.
Yash had asked one day that if I felt something for Kabir and I'd denied. Kukkie was positive from the beginning so I took her hints very lightly.
As for me?

Yes it felt very strange not having Kabir to fuss over me, walking back home from work to an empty house. But other than that nothing seemed so devoid of him. Even if he isn't in my flat I for a mysterious reason feel like he's sitting in another room and texting me or standing in balcony and calling me. The first week after he left ,he was really busy in getting back to his life so yes I missed him.

But now, despite of the time gap he's sitting in my inbox all the time, joking, talking, complaining about petty things, flirting even. And I enjoy every bit of it.

I was just laughing at one of his funny Snapchat story he put when I heard the crowd , collecting their bags around them. The train has arrived, it brought to me my lifeline, Kukkie and my parents. I peered in the compartment from the window and spotted my mother first.

Nothing gives you more happiness than seeing your mother, a very happy mother at that one.

I greeted my dad and mom by touching their feet, before Kukkie attacked me with her hug almost knocking me off.

My family was finally here and I was taking them to my own flat. Could I be more prouder?
Sentiments crossed my eyes and we chatted and catched up like a happy family that we are.

The coming fortnight I was going to spend time with my family and make many memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IRELAND-Dublin

Kabir.

"Thanks Lily" I thanked her as she put three glasses of wrasslers 4x stout beer on our table before walking back to the counter.

It was a posh Pub named 'Porterhouse Brewery' on cross bridge road. The whole setting was warm with a driftwood flooring, walls painted beige, Photographs of achievements and memories lining them and the quite open layout meant that I could glance directly behind the counter and the sitting area, rounded with soft couches. It was equally cosy here, warm colored with mis matched furniture that just seemed to go together perfectly despite their clashing patterns, wood and textures.

It was a gorgeous sight. A large stone fireplace was my favourite part though-you never see them anymore, and it looked so beautiful with the candles on mantelpiece.

It was honestly a home away from home for me and my friends, our favourite hangout point. Lily was all too welcoming to us, though at times like now she becomes bossy.

"Are ye' done, ye' three?" She glared directly at the glasses as we took a last sip before slapping them down on the table, which rattled because of its uneven balance. She collected the glasses and walked away as I looked while wiping my lips with my shirt sleeve.

Lily was an Irish woman, divorced at a young age, with a beautiful height and long waist length blonde hairs. She was sweet, her long eyelashes shadowing her dark grey eyes.

"I'm closin' down C'mon y'three get out" she scowled at us,more specifically at Vladimir, before turning the closing board at show and dimming the lights.

Fortunately I was going home in Peter's car, saved from the brewing row between Lily and Vladimir.

Vladimir was a Russian man, funniest among us with a rare accent. He had his hairs curled and for some reason he always covered them with a hat, much to Lily's liking. Apparently she's dating this crazy guitarist with light brown eyes, my friend Vladimir.

I relate more close to Peter,He is shorter than all of us but the most intelligent and cute. He is Indian, with reddish brown short hairs, skinny colored Delhite belonging from Roman catholic Christian society. He is a project manager at the states tech ltd.

I stared out the windshield of the car as peter pulled in the driveway leaving the love birds behind to sort their matters.

No matter wherever I went, I was finding it hard to keep my thoughts off Aashna. I always wondered what she'd be doing this time and that. Last time I checked with her , she was sad because her family was returning to Bhopal after spending two weeks with her in Pune. I scrolled to re read our previous chats, my goodnight went unseen. It might be late in India, she'd be asleep.

"Thinking about her?" Peter gave me a sideway glance.

I sighed and deepened in the seat nodding my head in yes. "When am I not?"

"Why didn't you tell her?" he asked me.

I twitch my mouth for the answer I keep searching but it always goes unclear with me. " maybe I was afraid that what we have would be lost, but I know she wasn't ready to know then."

"Fair enough, tell her now then"

"Guess i'll. Only when she is in front of me." I smiled at him.

"Alright! Here you go man!night!"

"Good night"

I stepped off his car and followed my shadow to my apartment building. It was hard, not always having her close whenever I pleased. Half the time went in scrolling at her Instagram profile or in my gallery reliving those moments in pictures, Aashna and me at India Gate, Aashna dusting with a broomstick in our flat, Aashna itching at her elbow with her tongue out, Aashna and Yash in a popcorn fight, Aashna staring at the ceiling with the lost look- it always makes me laugh at her; what was she thinking! I had so many of her pics that I'd taken when she wasn't looking, my gallery was full of her.

Well I was glad Yash was there to take care of her and keep me posted. After thinking a lot I've told him I loved her and wanted him to keep her happy, he was over the moon than anything knowing that and he had the doubt already.

I: Where is she? What is she doing?

I hit the text to Yash just to irritate him.

Y: heading home from my night shift. Kabhi mere bhi haal puch liya kr, raat ke 3 hai yaha kya kr rahi hogi of course so rahi hogi!

I chuckled out and typed

I: Aww. Chl soja tu bhi

Y: double aww me please, I'm feeling lonely :(

I rolled my eyes and sent him a heart emoticon before slumping on my bed.

If in any other case, I'd have been jealous of Yash because I knew yash was pretty close to Aashna and they spent most of the time together. But I knew Yash was not at all interested in Aashna or in any girl for that matter.

As for me, I only know one girl, the girl I love. Sometimes it even gets hard to believe I spent the most beautiful time of my life with her last month. It feels like a dream, and she like a fairy who has casted on me a spell of which my every sense is aware of.

In her eyes, we're just friends. In mine, I want to be so much more. But she can't know now this, I hope we meet soon and this time we do, I'm gonna tell her my heart's will.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aashna.

It was that time of the evening when the sun goes down taking away the heat making way for cold winds to rush in. I stood in the balcony, my eyes fixed on the vermilion shade in the sky where the sun has just disappeared, but I don't know if I was really watching the sunset.

My mind was elsewhere.

And it isn't the first time, its happening. In last four and a half month, my mind has become like a stubborn child not listening to me and persisting what I keep resisting.

I keep telling it off not to think of Kabir much, to just be happy in his memories only and the little amount of online chat that we do.

I'd been really busy with exams at the university and with all the students fussing and worrying so much. But as we touch November, Diwali is nearing and everyone is in full swing with the coming holidays.

It was hard to keep up with Kabir, a text goes in a day coming with another the following day. I keep making excuses but other times its just me resisting to text him. I'm so confused that I'm pulling back. There had been no actual conversations between us lately, not even how are you's. It just stays limited to good mornings and good nights.

I feel so guilty because every time its me who doesn't take an effort to ask him something and he replies to every thing whenever he can , making me feel myself as a bad girl.

Four months have passed.

Seasons changed.

I've moved from Rasana to hot chocolate, keeping the tradition of sipping over it in the balcony still intact.

Only he isn't here.

And I ,

I miss him.

I trace my fingers at the cold railings, my mind rushing back to a memory of us together.

It had been raining and Kabir was doing the crazy acts again, luring me to join in, leaning over the railings and letting the raindrops tickle our faces.

Such memories always makes me smile.he always made me feel happy and content. Then there was more of him.

He'd raised his Rasana glass near to a pipe to collect some dirty water falling off from the floor above and dared me to drink. And I'd emptied the glass all over him.

I chuckled. What a funny sight it was to witness his horrified expressions over his ruined hairstyle.

Once he had sat up on the railing and i'd glared at him saying, "gir jaaoge. Pagal ho kya?"

"Pakadne ke liye you are there na"

"Aur agar nahi pkda toh?" I narrowed my eyes at him, to which he smirked,tongue in cheek.

He'd attempted to lean more outward by turning and earning a gasp from me. I had hugged him from behind locking my arms with all my might till he finally stepped down in level with me.

"Dekha. Pakad toh liya. I trust you Aashna."

He'd playfully pulled my cheeks and I'd ran behind him all through the home and even out to Yash's flat just in front, finally pouring his stored up left out water bucket over Kabir . Poor Yash couldn't even take a bath as the water supply was cut off that day.

This time I was laughing hard remembering the scene and a very grumpy Yash pouting. I wiped the little tears at the corner of my eyes. I was laughing so hard , tears came out from my eyes.

Happy times ah!

Another month rolled by, it was Christmas time. Kabir and I have catched up on a lots of things over a video call as we did.

And now things are back to normal as I have finally put a full stop to my resistance. I have to accept it, he can't leave his job and stay with me forever. And we are friends, now a "long distance" one as they call it. So I'll have to manage and I was being stupid not to reply much and being a mess.

And I still miss him.

I tore the chocolate wrapper and bit into the delicious Oreo dairy milk silk as I opened my mails.

It was a quite afternoon but it was not going to be so much quite in here. My heart was jumping so high on excitement and mind was screaming and cheering starting a dance of its own. My grin kept growing wider and wider as I read and reread my mail.

Oh my god!!

The chocolate fell from my lap as I stood up and hugged the cushion tightly burying my face and hitting on it full of happiness, it literally erupted out from my every body part.

I was being asked to teach at the Dublin educational research centre, and was promoted to HOD post.

This is actually the over the moon feeling.

I ran and knocked at Yash's door furiously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yash.

As soon as I opened the door I was attacked by the hug that almost threw me off balance.

"Are you okay?" I asked Aashna, my neighbor.

She pulled back but her hands still clutched my collar.

Her eyes were watered and that grew on my worry.

"What's up?"

"Tell me I'm not dreaming Yash!"

She sang and left me finally as I straightened my sweater.

I watched her as she whirled round the hall dreamily. OK so its a good news then. I steadied her and inquired.

"I'm going to Dublin!!" She said in a thrilled voice, up on several notes.

A smile spread over my own lips, "that's great! On a holiday? Take me too, I've heard waha ke boys bohat mast hote hai"

She giggled slapping my cheek playfully, "pagal. I'm promoted that means I'll be there for sometime!"

"Par itnaa khush Kaise ho skta hai koi. Calm down!" I chuckled at her bright eyes, which was a miracle since months I've seen her just off a bit. And I think I know why. It was Kabir's absence that was affecting her.

"Arry! Apni tarakki par kaun khush nahi hota?" She asked with wide eyes funnily rolling and I let out a laugh before saying,

"But you are more happy of the fact that you're gonna see Kabir" I stated gazing direct in the eye.

She dropped her gaze , as her teeth dug into her lower lip and that confirmed to me that maybe she too have started liking him.

"Aag dono taraf lagi hai matlab." I muttered under my breath as she looked up .

I coughed and asked, "sahi kaha na? Khush hai na after days you're gonna see him!"

"Unhuh! That too" she nodded in agreement.

Only she thought I didn't hear what she muttered under her breathe after. She'd said 'that alone' and I was damn happy finding her so Alive and happy after months. Well time to give a good news to Kabir

"Don't even think about it Yash!" She warned as if reading my thoughts.

"Kya?"

"You will not, I mean NOT tell Kabir I'm going there. Let it be a big surprise for the new year. Just get me his address, in any way don't drop any hints that I wanted, just ask okay?"

I could see already a plan formulating in her mind.

I showed her a thumbs up, "whatever you say."

"Great. I'll just call Kukkie, think she'll like a trip out." She said and I smiled at her waving off as she walked out.

Kukkie, a sweetie pie who recently broke up with her boyfriend Aditya.

Kukkie has really warmed up to me, we've become good friends and I try to keep her happy. She is cute. I really think it would be good for her if she goes abroad with Aashna as a time out.

I locked the door and texted Kabir, 'address batado bhai, ek gift deliver karwana hai'

I grinned ,kabir was in for the best gift he could ever get for the new year.

*Click on the screen and hit the star at the bottom of your screen to vote*

Apologies guys for updating so late. Was off to Pune to cajole Aashna as she missed Kabir.
I hope you guys did miss KaSh too.

So hit likes and comment
And swipe up for the next chappy. I got you double updates this time to make up.

Love always,
Sue❤