👼Home👼

☺Chapter 20 ☺

Dedicated to Buddhu_Sa_Mann for always lifting up my spirits❤❤❤

.Kabir.

Chug. Chug. Chug.

I shut my eyes and then give her a sideway glance. The sound stops.

Slurrp. Slurrp. Slurrp.

Again! I give her a sideway glance as she sits with an innocent face staring at me with wide mischievous eyes, her lips rounded on a straw from her apple juice.

"Stop that sound" I grumble and stare ahead again while driving.

"What sound?" She asks failing to keep her innocence and giggling.

Guggle. Guggle.Guggle.

I roll my eyes in frustration, there she goes again.

"That! Stop it Aashna"

I sit in my car immobile, facing an empty seat.where did she go? My eyes search her before my mind finally comes with an escape for my restlessness.

🎶🎶📻Tu nazm nazm sa mere
Honthon pe thehar ja
Main khwab khwab sa teri
Aankhon mein jaagun re🎶🎶📻

Ofcourse she can't be there, it was just a fragment of my memory. Our memories together always haunts me.

Her memories makes me warm, but some part of it also tears me apart. I miss her so much.

It is really hard to be without her , not having her to cuddle whenever I want, to fight with over silly habits, to tease her , to embarrass her and receiving a shy smile in return. I've never felt so habitual of someone's presence. I've never been so dependent on someone , never was anyone so special that I'd want to spend every passing second with her.

I sigh and drive, on my own I reach the same bridge under which I had spent the best night of my life. With her.

I step out of the car and stand by the railing, resting my elbows on them.

📻🎶🎶Tu ishq ishq sa mere
Rooh mein aake bas ja
Jis aur teri shehnaai
Uss ore main bhaagun re📻🎶🎶

Everytime I remember that night, how had she dolled herself up just for me, how she had reacted to my heart's confession, the warm hugs, sweet smiles, I close my eyes and feel those moments beating like a second heart inside me.

I see myself holding her hand, sitting on the boat lost in her eyes, that February night.

🎶🎶📻Haath thaam le piya
Karte hain vaada
Ab se tu aarzu
Tu hi hai iraada🎶🎶📻

"Kabir!" my lips curve up on hearing her voice. I turn around to find her in the same Tee as mine.

"What's this?"

I ask her as my eyes scan her from top to bottom.

"Couple tee"

She shrugs, burying her hands in her shorts pocket.

"Couple tee? So childish!" I scoff.

"No its not! Its cute!" She says gleefully and pulls my hood up. I pull it down again and walk ahead. She runs behind me and pulls it up again.

"Ohho! Get in you'll get cold" I roughly try to shove her inside the car before getting inside myself.

"The weather's really heavy today" I mutter and turn to her but she's not there. What is happening! I didn't even realize when did I got drenched a little. I shrug out of my coat.

🎶🎶📻Mera naam le piya
Main teri rubaai
Teri hi tto piche piche
Barsaat aayi, barsaat aayi📻🎶🎶

Ever since Aashna left I feel a little uneasy. No matter wherever I go, I think of her. And I wonder if this is normal? Thinking so much and so often about someone!

Won't she get tired with hiccups 24/7?

I chuckle at my silly thought. It has been 5 months that she left. Its not the same even if we chat, speak on calls, have a face time, its never enough.

The time my work keeps me busy is bearable but on Sundays like this when I stay at home and Peter's busy with his girls and I'm left alone, I really do miss her.

But I can't bear it anymore, even she misses and I know how much she long to be with me. I feel it in her voice. So I'm gonna go to India and see my family and her ofcourse.

Aashna.

The best thing about August rains are that they aren't so sickening. They soothe me when I have a lot of things on my mind. They touch me with love brings the soft breezes, making me feel cozy. There's something so romantic about rains and swinging beneath the pouring sky.

I feel the sun is not meant for me, I belong to rain. I miss Kabir. He had made me feel the type of love where I feel like running in rain at nights. The kind where I have no idea where am I going but feel every second of it. To be lost and found all at once.

🎶📻📻Tu itrr itrr sa mere
Saanson mein bikhar jaa
Main faqeer tere qurbat ka
Tujhse tu maangun re🎶🎶📻

I think I love the rain because I'm a mermaid, who lives too far from my ocean. Kabir's my Ocean, he's my home.

No matter where ever I go to ,I know I can always return to him and feel safe, just like at home. I've always felt so secure with him. He makes me feel comfort but he gas also given me all those butterflies that I read about a girl having when she's in love.

There is so much I want to tell him. So much has happened and I have been living low but the only think that's making me dance is the news of his arrival. I'm going to go meet him this time.

🎶🎶📻Tu ishq ishq sa mere
Rooh mein aake bas ja
Jis aur teri shehnaai
Uss ore main bhaagun re🎶🎶📻

Five months without him were really hard. After coming back home I was so happy to be with my family again. I have missed all of them. Dad has retired from his government job and we all have organised a party in his honour. Kukkie has started working part time at a library and what's great is that Papa is okay with it. Mumma has started doing videos about cooking recipes, she gets help from Yash who visits us once in a month. He has found a family in us and we all have welcomed him warmly.

As for Kukkie, she is really working hard in college and then heading to library for the side job. She is the one most cheerful in our family, so evenings are always eventful but the daytime gets really boring. I'm happy to see her work hard. She has found a great friend in Yash and an elder brother in Kabir. My family knows Kabir is my very close friend whom I met in Ireland and if I'm not wrong Papa has an idea that there are chances I like him. He has never talked over this openly with me. But I've sensed his knowing glances at evenings when I take him to evening walks and his other retired group join him and I use that time to talk to Kabir over my phone while replying to his messages or talking over a call.

🎶🎶😍Mere dil ke lifaafe mein
Tera khat hai janiya
Nacheez ne kaise paa li
Kismat yeh janiya ve🎶🎶😍

I'm blessed to have him in my life.my Kabir. He helps Kukkie in her short errands, keeps mumma entertained, sends lots of health matters to papa and he keeps pushing me, making me see what do i want.He's doing great in his job, most of the times he's dedicated to his work going all busy with shoots and I'm left stalking his profiles and admiring his pictures, our old chats and cherishing all those memories I have of our time together.

Everything's going perfect, except me. Five months all I had done is enjoying a full month with family and tutoring English at an educational institution near my home. But there's more that I want to do, for which Kabir has been supporting me. I want to become what my heart desires, what I want from the depth of my being. But there has been problems too, and I've been visiting a doctor with Mumma. I hate to see her so worried about me. I needed my mom badly after experiencing my body behave so odd and irregular. Those changes, and all those test visits at doctor's has taken a toll on me.

Its so worrisome and to top it all I don't like keeping things from Kabir, so he doesn't knows I'm seeing a doctor. I've decided that this time when I meet Kabir I'll share my doubts and problems with him, there has been factors affecting me physically.

I need him. After so many days away from him, I need to see him. I need to feel the warmness in his eyes, sleep in his embrace, hear him chuckle and listen to his heartbeats resting my head on his chest again.

🎶🎶Oh mere dil ke lifafe mein
Tera khat hai janiya
Nacheez ne kaise paa li
Jannat yeh janiya ve🎶🎶

More than that, I want to keep talking about random things in between our busy schedules and sunsets, I felt love in just the way we used to share our day and happenings. I want to relive it again, without the time gaps, without the distance that separates us. It would have been really worrisome for me what people say about long distance relationships. But with Kabir there is so much of trust and Love, I don't think any problem in this world can dampen our spirits,that power which is engulfing us.

Beep.

There's a message from Kabir. I quickly grab my cell and snuggle into my bed.

Hey beautiful! Supp?

I smile to myself, feeling a strange warmness crawl onto me. Yes. His one text can make me feel like it.

Nothing like missing you.

I text back with a teasing smirk emo. If only he knew that I'm overwhelmed much just at realizing how damn much I miss him. And I guess he does know that.

Beep.

Aww! See you at your doorstep in five.

I chuckle to myself, 'this man!' He always pretend to be some sort of superman who'd appear on my doorstep whenever I tell him. I send him my patent rolling eye emo and receives one with a tongue out.

🎶🎶📻Tu nazm nazm sa mere
Honthon pe thehar ja
Main khwab khwab sa teri
Aankhon mein jaagun re🎶🎶📻

I miss you Kabir. I type then erase it.

I don't want to look like a cry baby. He had told me he'd come soon, then he will. I have waited for five months can't I wait for a few days more?

When are you coming?

I text, hovering over the send button again and doing backspace. Why am I like this. Sometimes with him even I'm surprised at my actions.

What are you doing? I hit send finally tapping my finger nails over the headrest.

Beep.

Knocking at your door.

Just as I read half of his message, I hear a doorbell, effectively widening my eyes.what the hell! Is he serious? Or it can just be a coincidence as its the time dad comes home. But wait! Mom dad has gone to jabalpur at my aunt's. Kukkie is studying and Yash is busy so who can it be. I sit thinking and then again stare back at my cellphone screen.

Don't make me wait anymore!

Kabir? Here ? So soon? Am I dreaming? I chew on my lips and shake my head. I decide on pinching myself to confirm I'm awake but then I can't. Pinching even to to myself is hurtful. So I'm on my knees in my bed hunting for a bad hair to detach. Just as I tug at my hair I hear Kukkie scream downstairs.

"Kabir bhai!"

Shoot! He's here indeed! I'm out of my bed as fast as lightning and quickly brush my hair straight before running to him.

📻🎶🎶Tu ishq ishq sa mere
Rooh mein aake bas ja
Jis aur teri shehnaai
Uss ore main bhaagun re📻🎶🎶

As I reach at the bottom step, I take a stop, my breathing heavy. Kukkie is hugging him and his eyes are searching. For me. This makes me smile.

"How have you been?" he asks Kukkie, caressing her tresses.

"Masst!" She replies in a cheerful voice. She's happy too.

"Khaak masst! What's with all the dark circles? Studious hogyi hai bohat ya budhaape ki nishaani hai" he winks, my favourite playful expression spreading over his face.

"Haww! So bad bhai! You wait till I tell Di about it" Kukkie goes on dramatically.

"Oh you mtlb chugli karegi ab tu?" He narrows his eyes on her.

"Ji haan!" Kukkie stomps her feet and turn around and as she does I decide on letting my presence known.

"Hi" I speak, but my voice comes out too low and croaky. I dunno why I'm feeling so shy seeing him after a long time.

"Di you heard what did he say?" Kukkie comes to stand beside me, resting her elbow on my shoulder.

Even Kabir's watching me with a shy smile. And it sets my heart melting. Its like I have nearly forgotten the most favourite shy smile of his, and it has been so long. Yes five months is long even when couples bear more than this time span and stay away, I now know how hard it is.

Looking into his eyes, my overwhelming emotions kick into action.

"Hey Aashna" listening him call my name is my undid moment, and I let a few tears fall. Kabir let's his bag fall off his shoulder and steps forward to hug me.

I wrap my arms around him, burying my face into the crook of his neck, feeling him and finding my home.

"I don't want to cry, I'm happy, I'm smiling. But I couldn't help it Kabir....." I say in a low apologetic voice in between my sniffles.

"That's okay" he tells me, his eyes shining with happiness, mirroring my joy.

I come out of the hug and again the shyness resurfaces.

"Did you like the surprise?" Kukkie asks me.

I stare in delight at her and then Kabir who's sharing a knowing smile with Kukkie.

Well ofcourse they both have planned it out.

"Are you coming straight here?" I ask him and then peers out of the window to see the taxi.

"I'll bring something to drink" kukkie excuses us.

"Come sit" I hold his hand and lead him to my favourite place on our couch.

"Since uncle aunty weren't there and you still haven't told them about me, I saw it as a good chance of meeting you"

He says running his hand through his hairs.

I smile admiring his face. Hmm handsome as ever.

"Liar! You just couldn't wait to see me as soon as you land that's why you didn't go to your home and came here." I narrow my eyes at him and watch a wonderful smirk take birth on his lips.

"That too maybe. I can see you're very pleased."

"Uh hunh! When did you guys plan it? You didn't even tell me while boarding!" I avert my eyes to the floor carpet making a thin line of my lips.

"Why? I think someone said something about not missing me" he counter questions me.

"Yeah! Right I didn't miss you that much" I stand and the very next moment I feel a jerk at my wrist as he pulls me back to him. Whoa! Pretty close are we now.

"I never thought I'd have to say 'goodbye' to you. It just didn't register and it's not something I can wrap my brain around even still. I have missed you with every fibre of my being. You are a part of me."

I am blown away more my the intense honesty in his eyes than his words. And I'm suddenly reminded of those lines I've read in a blog.

'You can feel far and away in a hug, you can feel close within a gaze!'

Now I feel it all. So does I see in his eyes on my acceptance.

"I've missed you a lot Kabir." I smile and adjust myself beside him in a more proper position. "It was like, you beating inside me like a second heart. So close yet so far"

He pecks the hair at the side of my head.

"Hungry?"

"Starving!"

"Alright I'll make you something." I grin at him.

Kukkie comes with refreshments to drink and suddenly I'm feeling so crazy and joyful. We chat over for sometime and then Kabir refreshes in my room because we don't have guest room. Kukkie helps me in preparing dinner.

"I'm full!" Kabir puts the spoon down after his last bite of fruit custard as dessert.

"Bass itne me hi?" Kukkie laughs. "My di doesn't cook so bad"

He joins in the silly joke of hers and I roll my eyes at them.

"You know what? More than this," he says pointing the bowl in front of him, "it's your sight Aashna, which feeds my soul. So I'm full"

I'm left with an incredible loss of words. How can he say things like that out of nowhere in a normal conversation. He is just full of surprises.

"Aww" kukkie awes at least and I sit there staring in his eyes, with twinkles reflecting back at me from his eyes. His feet caresses my toes at the inside, tickling me silently and I squirm in my seat kicking off his feet under the table.

These type of childish naughtiness sure comes up with a good amount of happy feeling.

Kabir chuckles and nods in a no on Kukkie's questioning eyes.

"Kya hua?"

"Nothing" we both say in unison and then end up chuckling again.

Rest of the night we see some show kukkie watches, seeing but not watching because we both are just too busy in glancing at each other.

We play cards and then Kukkie finally leaves us alone and call it a night.

Later he is leaning over the couch and my head is resting on his heart listening to his heart beats. I can stay like this forever.we both are listening to an old melody 'Kabhi Kabhi mere dil mein' by Kishore Kumar.

"Kabir?"

"Hmm"

"When are you going to see your family?"

"Why should I take you with me?" He smirks and I hit a light punch over his chest.

"Oww!" He fakes hurt.

"We've got a day. I'll be moving Tomorrow night."

"Oh!" Only a day! Not done. I pout but he obviously can't see me so I sigh.

"What is it?" He asks turning his head down towards me.

"We'll go to my favourite park followed by the upper lake, I didn't even give a tour of my city to you."

I tell him. If possible I'll go explore every damn place on this earth with him.

And only him.

"I'd like that" he smiles warmly at me.

"Kabir"

"Hmm? I'm listening"

As he speaks his body rumbles with vibrations beneath me and it makes the butterflies in my stomach stir rapidly.

I want to tell him that I love him. He knows better but I haven't uttered those special words to him ever. But then I also want that moment to be a bit more special. Ofcourse when he's with me every moment is special but I think I'll tell him after I lessen the burden of bearing my problems alone.

But I see that he's tired from all the flying.

"Should get in bed"

"Oh with you? Yep let's go" he takes my hand full of excitement and I had to laugh over him. I ruffle his hair and push him away pointing to the stairs.

He is having my room to himself while I sleep in Kukkie's room with her. I wonder if I'm gonna get much sleep tonight. Its midnight already anyway.

"Good night Love" he smiles and I shyly turn on my heels chewing on my lips.

Watch your words Kabir. Why so sweet?

"Rest well, good night" I whisper and drag my feet to Kukkie's room.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
*click at the screen and hit the star at the bottom of your screen to vote*

Thank you so much for all the love and support.
Keep showering. Hope you enjoyed the chappy.

Special hug to dimpsgautam for the song suggestion. Mwuaah 😘

Leave me votes and comments.

Love always,
Sue.💋