War of Hearts

Feeling refreshed from the shower, Dru got dressed, grabbing her bag and phone she headed out the door, she arrived at Cal's apartment withing 15 minutes, she knocked then waited, momenta later Ethan opened the door "Hey Dru, we want sure you were going to come, anyway he's in the living room sporting the hangover from hell, I'll be back soon" Ethan said as he was exiting the flat, Dru smiled and made her way in towards the living room, she stifled a giggle at the sight of Cal sat on the sofa wearing sunglasses... "Oh lordy Cal what's with the shades? Aw did the big bad happy hour kick ya ass? You realise this is just as funny as the time you ignored warnings and got hammered whilst on very strong painkillers" Cal looked up at her last statement and started to protest " I wasn't that bad then, I mainly just slept" giggling she waited before continuing, " all the way from the pub to here you kept singing 'Baby Shark' well not just singing you made it your goal to teach anybody and everybody you saw the dance too, and did I just hear you say you mainly just slept?  Ha is that what you're calling it? Because I remember it being the most nerve wracking night of my life, I thought you were dead, after poking you for almost an hour and you not responding I ended up calling Ethan to help me, so yes Caleb you WERE that bad" pausing she waited to see if he was going to protest some more, once it became clear that he wasn't she filed in one more blank, "nice singing by the way... Yup I listened to your voicemail" Cal's head snapped upwards upon hearing her last statement, "y you listened to it? Uhm sorry I shouldn't have done that, but I couldn't carry on knowing that you needed to know how I feel about you, I know you're with Jay, and I respect that, even if I don't agree with the way he treats you, yes I COULD treat you better I won't lie or hide that fact BUT I will gladly remain friends, I'll also wait as long as it takes Dru because, well, I love you and want to be with you and you can sit there and tell me that you don't feel the same if you want but I'm going to wait it out for you" looking down quickly he half expected her to make a dash for the front door but what happened instead surprised him, she hugged him, tighter than she ever had before, "I I love the both of you, I'm stuck in some war of hearts and to be honest my head is screaming one thing but my heart is screaming another, I I need time to think and figure things out, but I don't want to loose you again so we'll continue as we are I if that's OK with you?" she waited in agonizing silence for his response ,it was so quiet she could literally hear her heart thudding as well as feel it, in an instant she felt his hug get tighter around her and she knew everything was OK for now.