The Dream Must Stay Alive

"What do you say.. Can I have this dance?" Cal spoke softly and she nodded in response, "of course you can.. But I'm choosing the music" she said before sauntering over to the cd player in the lounge, she found the disc she wanted and put it in, pressing play she followed Cal outside to the rooftop.

-music starts up softly-

"Look into the future, what do you see
I really need to know now, is there a place for me
Tell me, where do we go from here
Take me as you find me for what I am
And when I make mistakes please understand
And as long as I know you're near
There is nothing for me to fear
Out of the darkness alight shines
Burning through the coldest nights
And we can find a way (together we'll make it)
With every step we take (moving closer together)
If we're gonna survive
The dream must stay alive
Baby will you hold me when I'm afraid
See me through the danger 'till the break of day
If there's love there's a change for me
Just believe in yourself you'll see
Out of the darkness a light shines
Burning through the coldest nights
And we can find a way (together we'll make it)
With every step we take (moving closer together)
If we're gonna survive
The dream must stay alive
And as long as I know you're near
There is nothing for me to fear
Out of the darkness a light shines
Burning through the coldest nights
And we can find a way (together we'll make it)
With every step we take (moving closer together)
If we're gonna survive
The dream must stay alive"

As the music played she leaned into Cal with every lift and turn, they danced like they'd never danced before, it was fierce yet gentle filled with both passion and compassion... It was a visual representation of what they had been through, what they stood for and what was yet to come..... Resting his chin on her head he spoke softly in-between trying to catch his breath back. .."I love you Dru, always have and always will, and I guess I never want us to end...."
She moved herself to face him,
"I love you too Cal, I think if I'm completely honest I have for a long time, I just didn't know what to do about it, then when I kinda did it was... too late.." her voice wavered and broke slightly at the rememberance of his painful demise.. she closed her eyes to shake away the painful image, only to open them to find Cal infront of her on one knee..... She knew what was coming next.... She didn't need Arie to tell her that... Her heart thudding hard and fast against her chest did that for her.... She stood there, watching him, waiting.... "Dru... I can't be without you.. I think we have pretty much proved that... So uhm... Will you Marry me?" He waited.... His breathing was shallow and laboured... He had never in his life or death for that matter felt more nervous than he did right this minute.... Looking around he spotted Ethan in the doorway... Smiling like a goofball... He'd been there for the whole thing.... He gave a slight nervous smile to his lil bro before fixing his gaze back on Dru......
She could see the panic on his face.. She had to put him out of his misery.... Taking his hands and pulling him up she hugged him... "Yes Cal.. I'll marry you".
Over her shoulder Cal could see Ethan mouth the words "I told you so!" he nodded in agreement before closing his eyes and resting his head on his soon to be wife's shoulder.... The dream was going to stay alive.. Now and forever.