Chapter 15: Strange Noise

He had to? He freaking had to? No he didn't. "So I'm guessing if I ask why, you wouldn't tell me?" I question him. I watch his face carefully for any slips, but he remains calm and his face is blank. Of course; I roll my eyes. This is so frustrating, and I'm getting tired of it.

"I'm taking you to my house." He commands. What the, uh no.

"If you take me there, I'll just call Evan." I threaten.

"Evan was supposed to warn me if you were going to be there or not, but he didn't know." I confess, and lean my head against the window. "If I knew I would have never went, and here I am, trapped."

"You look nice tonight." He says, changing the subject. Of course he thinks that. It's exactly the dress that he picked out and he knows it, I lied about it being a different dress and that it might be thrown away. Evan sent some person to retrieve the clothes from Lisa's. I just wanted to throw him off, but I never can. Why does he have to be so perceptive? When I don't answer him, I hear him chuckle quietly and he turns on the heater. I narrow my eyes at his gesture, what is he up to? He never does that.

"Why did you just leave Bethany like that? Wouldn't she be mad at you?" I ask curious, maybe he'd answer this question.

"I know you don't like her." He says glancing over to me. Every time her name is mentioned I'm easily annoyed.

"Is there any point in answering, you seem to know everything?" I roll my eyes.

"I like the confirmation, even though I know I'm right." He cockily says, his eyes never leaving the road.

"If you know, why do you keep asking?" I counter, looking at him. I see him smile, like I've fell right into his trap. I narrow my eyes at him again. "You know everything I'm about to say, don't you." I state, coming to the realization that he can guess anything and it's creepy.

"It's obvious, and predictable. Yes." He says with that cocky smile.

"Where and how did you learn to do that? It's creepy and kind of interesting." When he just grunts, continues to drive and ignores me, I get frustrated. He expects me to listen to everything he says. I at least answer all of his questions.

"Take me back home." I say coldly. He turns to me and he rolls his eyes.

"What home? You have no home." He counters bluntly. Ouch. I take out my phone to call Evan, when it's not in my hand anymore. I look up, and see that Sawyer has it in his hand.

"Give it back. I'm serious." I command, trying to get the phone from his hand. He puts it under is bottom. Great.

"What if I told you, that you could make amends with Drew?" Sawyer bargains. I look at him waiting for him to continue, but he's waiting for me to answer.

"You're lying. There's no way Drew will forgive." I cross my arms.

"Nope." He says.

"How?" I ask, so desperately wanting to make amends with Drew.

"I have my ways, do you want to see him?" I look at him, like he's stupid. That's a dumb question.

"Yes." I tell him, without getting my hopes up.

"I'll take you to him first thing in the morning." He tells me smiling. I narrow my eyes. His change in behavior is nice, but it's putting me on edge and creeping me out.