Chapter 27: Adventure

It's been about a week since my nightmare and the weird incident with Sawyer. My mind still hasn't made sense of that situation. I know Drew witnessed everything and I'm not sure if him showing up triggered Sawyer to stop.

"What are you thinking about?" Drew asks, while I sit idly at the coffee shop. I take a while to respond and study Drews face. He looks nothing like me, but the longer I stare I see some resemblance. I see Drew waving his hand in front of my face.

"Earth to Maple." Drew laughs. My eyes come into focus. 

"I'm trying to figure out a few things." I tell him vaguely. His face turns serious, and he understands exactly what I'm talking about. He hasn't brought up the topic and I know he wants to. But he's waiting for me, I guess.

"I'm always here." He tells me and stands up to start working, I give him a small smile. I have a small routine of coming to Lisa's shop before it opens. I get my usual cookies and milk for breakfast. The shop is really popular amongst tourists and the locals, it gets flooded with people as soon as it opens. Before I leave Lisa gives me a warm cup of tea.

"Be careful, and have a good day." She smiles warmly at me. I give her a hug and make my way out.

I spend most of my days at the local library trying to find any leads on me, but none have come up. I'm not sure where to start, I search mostly for any missing people, hoping that I come across my face somewhere in a newspaper. That's the only place I can start since I don't know my last name. I've tried searching up Sawyer and his brother, but everything Pierce related is blocked. I find it a little strange, but I can't do anything about it.

"He almost kissed you?" Ami shouts. My eyes widen at her sudden outburst. I feel my face starting to turn red. I felt the need to tell someone, and discussing the almost odd, strange, and mysterious kiss to Drew would be weird. Especially since he's my brother, even though he doesn't know.

"Shhh, not so loud." I whisper. It's been about two hours since the research at the library, and finding nothing. I'm at Evans house, in my room and Ami wanted to hang out. I invited her over and she came with ice cream.

"Oops, sorry." She says sheepishly and closes her mouth with her hand. I know Evan is here and even though he's not listening, I feel like he can hear. I don't want anyone to know anything.

"Why did he try to kiss you?" She asks, still loud, but slightly hushed. I roll my eyes and gesture for to stay quiet.

"I don't know. It was weird. I'm not trying to think about it that much." I tell her, but in all honesty it's been on my mind. I haven't seen Sawyer since then. I feel like I can breath without someone constantly there. If an almost kiss gets Sawyer to leave me alone, then I'd kiss him all the time. 

"Wait, I thought he was your boyfriend? He hasn't kissed you yet?" She stops eating her ice cream and looks at me, her eyebrows scrunched in confusion. I forgot that she thought Sawyer and I were a thing.

"See, here's the thing." I start to say, but she cuts me off.

"You're gonna have to tell me everything later. I'm late, I have to go." She tells me, finishing the last scoop of her ice cream. I was hoping I could talk to her about my bizarre dreams, and if she has any insight on them, but she seems like she's in a hurry. I smile at her and wave goodbye and she rushes out my door.

I lie down on the bed and sigh in frustration. Do I remind Sawyer of his past girlfriend or wife? Is his wife dead? Does Bethany know her? I sit back up and rub my eyes. I head to the bathroom to freshen up. For the first time I look like I've had a good nights sleep. I put my long curly hair into a braid and put on some warm clothes. Maybe Sawyers tree would help me with my thoughts, it did help me clear my mind the last time I was there. I think I remember how to get there. If not maybe I'll find a near by park.