Chapter 63: A Doctor Away, Brings Another My Way

The next morning, the sound of rain wakes me up. I sit up in bed and just stare at the floor.

I don't know what my life has come to. There's no possible way to find out who I am, without knowing my real name. Drew has already called tons of hospitals, none missing any patients.

I'm always back at square one. I'm a nobody, there is no trace of me anywhere. I close my eyes again, the thought of trying to remember gives me a headache and I throw myself back into bed.

When will all of this be over.

"Are you awake?" I hear Drew knock at my door. I groan, and he takes that as a sign to walk in.

"Good morning." He cheerfully says. I look at him and turn around, my back facing him.

I'm angry at the world today.

"Come on. Get up." Drew claps, trying to make me get out of bed.

"Why?" I complain, my voice muffled from the pillow.

"I made an appointment." He says and walks out.

An appointment? For me? How dare Drew leave in the middle of me getting curious.

I begrudgingly get out of bed, and take a quick shower and quickly get dressed. Cold days call for warm sweaters and black jeans.

"An appointment?" I ask walking out into the kitchen. Lisa is sitting at the table eating breakfast, it looks like she just woke up, but she's smiling at me.

"Yes, for your memory loss. They're going to run some tests." Drew says, grabbing a few snacks. "We might be there for a while." He says, like this is not a big deal.

I stand there not knowing what to do. Can I actually get my memory back? Will doctors be able to retrieve the answers I've been looking for? How I even lost my memory in the first place?

"Ready?" Drew asks and I nod, excited yet scared.

I don't know what to say, I just stare out the window. I've wanted to always admit myself into the hospital, but something was holding me back.

"This place is an hour away. They're specialists on the brain. They find your case interesting." Drew says, explaining everything.

When he sees I'm not able to talk, he continues.

"They want to ask you a few questions, and draw some blood. Almost like a regular check up." He explains further and I nod.

I have a sinking feeling in my stomach, a gut feeling telling me I shouldn't do this. I try taking a nap, since we've hit traffic but the feeling in my gut doesn't subside.

"Is it going to be safe?" I ask after getting myself paranoid.

"Hmm, huh,  oh yes..." He tells me as I catch him off guard. "I did my research. They're family friendly and work for your best interest." He says, paying attention to the road.

"Okay." I whisper. For the remaining time, I stare out the window watching the rain drops race each other.

I forgot I didn't eat breakfast this morning and my stomach grumbles, and Drew turns to look at me.

"There are granola bars in the back." He says, he's still looking at the road, but points his thumb behind him. I turn around and find a black duffel bag and I quickly open it.