Chapter 71: Feeling Under the Weather

I don't say anything, angry with Sawyers behavior.

What is wrong with him?

"Hot chocolate?" Sawyer asks, after about ten minutes of silence.

My clothes are wet and the heater isn't on.

Hot chocolate does sound good, but I'm not answering him.

I turn my back to him, and look at the rain hitting the car window. My nose is drying to get runny, and I wipe my nose with the sleeve of my shirt.

Damn sniffles. I feel a tickling in my nose and I know a sneeze is coming.

"Achoo" I sneeze, muffling the sound.

I breath, but as soon as I do, another sneeze comes. It comes as a surprise and I don't have enough time to muffle it.

This is what happens when my nose is freezing cold.

"I'm taking that as a yes." Sawyer says and we pull into a drive thru.

He orders, and I'm kind of glad he ignored my silence and got me a hot chocolate.

"Here you go." He says, handing me the cup of warmness.

I quickly grab it out of his hand and carefully put it under my shirt.

An instant homemade heater.

I take in the warmth and notice we aren't moving. I look over at Sawyer and he gives me a weird look.

"Not my fault you like freezing people to death." I tell him, ignoring his 'what the hell are you doing' look.

He rolls his eyes and flips off the person who honked at us from behind.

I bring the hot chocolate up to my nose, trying to get it back to its normal temperature and I catch Sawyer smiling.

I glare at him and turn on the heater to get on his nerves.

To which he responds by lowering all the windows, and letting the cold air and rain come splashing inside.

"Really?" I yell.

"Why are you so against heaters?" I ask, rolling up the window.

"I'm not." He says, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, right." I tell him, rolling my eyes.

The rest of the ride is quiet, and I sit there enjoying my warm cup of hot chocolate.

Once we make it home, I rush upstairs, take a quick warm shower and layer myself up in warm clothes.

I look over at my dresser, remembering that I haven't finished my hot chocolate.

I grab it and walk over to Sawyers room.

I don't hear any sounds, but as soon as I knock, I hear a couple of giggles.

Oh yea, Mia.....

Sawyer answers the door only half way, not allowing me to see anything behind him.

He's shirtless and I'm standing here like a nosy idiot.

"May I help you?" Sawyer asks cockily. He crosses his arms over his chest.

What I have to say seems stupid now.

I look down at the drink I have in my hand. Oh well, can't let myself be ridiculed.

"Do you want the rest of my hot chocolate?" I ask, and he raises an eyebrow.

"Uh, sure?" He says, and sticks his hand out grabbing it from my hand.