11

Megan's POV

Halfway through the meal my phone buzzed and I finally had a reply from Andy – three hours later than I expected. He was supposed to have gotten off at 3, so I'd tried calling him then but he hadn't answered, so I'd left him a voicemail asking him to call me when he got off since I knew he didn't always leave work right away.

Sorry babe. I just got off
work. Ended up picking up
some hours for Johnny so
so he could go to his kid's
football game.

Considering he'd already told me they weren't allowed overtime this week, I knew that wasn't the case. And I'd asked him to call and he was texting me instead, so I suspected what had happened was that he'd gotten off early like he'd planned and he and Seth had decided to go smoke a couple joints or have a few beers so he'd lost track of time.

I hit the green call button and let it ring, not sure if he'd answer or not. If he didn't, I had my answer. I was glad I'd came over to Sadie's early and hadn't waited at home for him. If he'd just told me that's what he wanted to do and hadn't made plans with me, I wouldn't be so angry right now - I hated it when people lied to me or stood me up.

When it went to voicemail, I turned my phone on silent and set it aside, not wanting to talk to him right now while we were having such a good conversation. My phone lit up again, and again, and again until I couldn't ignore it anymore.

Babe, I'm sorry.

I forgot tell you.

Don't be mad babe

Talk to me babe.

Please talk to me.

"If you'll excuse me," I said, glancing at Sadie apologetically. "I'll be right back."

"Something wrong?"

"No, just need to get Andy to quit texting me."

"Who's Andy?" Sebastian asked, scooping up more hotdish.

"My boyfriend - for now," I replied, going into the living room to text him back, tapping out a quick reply.

Stop blowing up my phone.

Why didn't you answer
when I called a while ago?

I said I'm sorry.

WTF? You knew we had
plans and I'm not important
enough to think of? Or talk to?

You are important babe.

Yeah right.

Still want to meet
at Gino's  for supper?

No. I'm eating with Sadie.

It's only 6. I thought
you didn't have to
be there until 7?

You finally replied at 6.
It's 6:25 and I'm already
at Sadie's since I couldn't
get ahold of you. I'll call
you tomorrow.

Maybe.

Where are you
going tonight? I
can meet up with you.

NO!

Why not?

Girls. Night. Out!
No boys allowed.