59

Megan's POV

It was crazy, being on a real live tour. I hit the ground running and was thankful I'd had some time to work on my voice ahead of time because I was singing for a lot longer than I was used to. My contract had me doing background vocals for several songs, filling in for Camilla Cabello so Shawn could do I Know What You Did Last Summer live and of course, our song.

* *

I saw someone familiar as I made my way backstage after my first live performance in Brisbane, waiting to go out for the encore we had planned. I had to do a double take to make sure it really was who I thought it was because I hadn't expected to see him here.

"Megan!" A tall brunet said with a large smile as he made his way through the crowd of people backstage and gave me a hug.

"Liam, hi!" I said excitedly to the large Aussie, returning the hug. "I didn't know you were coming tonight!"

He gave me a wry grin as he let go of me. "I saw on Instagram that you were going to be here tonight, so I thought I would stop by."

"I'm so glad you came! I just now realized I didn't think to ask your brother for your number so I could text you to say I was going to be in your neck of the woods for a couple days."

"I'll give you my phone and you can put yours in," he said, handing me his phone. "I'm sure you don't have yours on you right now. I really just wanted to stop in and say hi. I caught your duet; I didn't know you could sing like that - you're really good." I entered my number and texted myself so I could store his later.

"You're not the only one to say that," I said with a grin.

"Hey Meg," Shawn said, coming up next to me, having just finished taking his bow for the main show. "You ready for the encore?"

"Yeah. Rewrite the Stars?"

"Yup. Hi, I'm Shawn," he said, holding out his hand. Liam took it, shaking the younger man's hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, Shawn. I'm Liam."

Shawn glanced over at me, confused. "Hemsworth," I said. "Not Sadie's Liam."

"I thought you looked familiar," Shawn said as he placed the other man.

"I made him watch The Hunger Games with me last night since he'd never seen it," I explained. "You gotta hear this one, Liam. It's my favorite song right now," I said, turning to head back on stage with Shawn.

"All right," he said, following us up to the stairs. "Is this something new?"

"You could say that," I said with a smile. "You'll see."

We went back on stage for the encore to an incredibly loud, screaming audience. I took my spot in front of my microphone, looking out at the crowd and just taking in the moment while I waited for my cue. I'd never expected for this to happen - but here I was, living my dream.

"You've been such a great crowd, Brisbane - so Megan and I have another little treat for you tonight," Shawn said, pausing because the audience's screams crescendoed. "We're going to perform a little number called Rewrite the Stars, which isn't actually one of my songs-"

"I think they'll forgive you once they hear it, Shawn."

"I hope so," he laughed. "So this song is from The Greatest Showman, Hugh Jackman's newest movie." If I thought the crowd was loud for Shawn, they were even louder at the mention of the famous Australian actor. "Hope you like it."