85

Megan's POV

"Let's see the ring," Sadie said when she picked me up at her hometown airport. "Oooh – he did good!"

"He did," I agreed. "Are you sure this isn't too soon?"

Sadie shook her head. "Not if you love him – and I know you do."

"Yeah, I do. It's just that this is kind of a big step," I sighed.

"Megan, nothing says you have to get married right away. Take as much time as you need and I'll make sure Chris doesn't rush you. There's a lot of decisions you'll need to make together first – and you both have your careers to think about."

"I'm not giving up singing," I said firmly.

"You don't have to – and I highly doubt Chris would even suggest that."

"I do love what I do."

"And you're good at it. Have you guys talked about where you'd live or anything?"

"Where we live is just going to have to depend on what's going on," I said. "It's a little easier for us – we don't have school age kids to think about."

"I don't want to uproot the boys, but at the same time, I can't parent them from 1,000 miles away for very long."

"So this doesn't have anything to do with the fact that Sebastian wants to have kids?"

"Maybe a little," she admitted with a heartfelt sigh. "I don't know how we're going to make it work."

"It'll all work out - you'll see. Besides - Baz'd be a great dad, Sadie. It's so adorable watching him FaceTime Gracie!"

Sadie smiled. "Isn't it? She loves her Sebba. They've been here every weekend."

"Do you still want more kids?" I asked curiously. "I know you said you did back when the boys were little, but they're almost out of the house, you know."

"Yeah, I do. I always wanted more babies after Isaac; it just never happened for us. I loved being pregnant – everything about it...other than about the last two weeks when I felt like a waddling duck. The boys have been hinting that they'd like a little sister since they don't have one of those."

"They know it doesn't work like that, right?"

* * *
Chris' POV

I turned the idea over in my head for a while, just holding Megan while we were watching TV; I was pretty sure she was still awake. I stroked her face lightly, getting her to look up at me.

"Baby?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you awake?"

"Sort of," she yawned. "What's up?"

"I want you to come with me when we start filming next week if you don't have anything you have to be working on right now," I said, shifting us on the couch so I could look into Megan's eyes. "Do you think you can work on your music there?"

"Oh. Yeah, I can," she said after a moment. "I already looked into that because Sadie wanted me to come with, too – and there's a studio right in Vancouver I can use for recording. I thought I told you that the other day?"

"No, you didn't," I said as I kissed her gently, leaning over her. "Thank you. It really means a lot to me that you'll be with us."

"I'm not going to be able to be there for filming every day, just so you know. Sadie and I talked about it when we determined my schedule wasn't going to allow me to work for her very much longer...and Josh and I have an agreement."