36

Chris' POV

It was Friday night - or Saturday morning - and we had nothing planned...and I didn't want to go home to an empty house, so the guys were meeting at Sebastian's for drinks. It had been after midnight when we'd wrapped; we'd completed the scene to the Russos' satisfaction and they'd let us go a couple hours early since the other set wasn't ready for us yet.

"So how's it been without your roomie?" I asked Sebastian, opening a beer. I was the first one there, having gotten done shooting with second team before they did. He gave me a knowing look as he took the beer I offered him.

"Quiet - not used to it being that quiet around here anymore. If I don't look in the guest room I'd never know she was here in the first place."

"Other than some clothes, Sadie never really leaves much at my place either," I shrugged.

"Megan told me I could drink her orange juice since it would go bad before she got back," he laughed. "She won't drink mine since I told her I drink out of the jug."

"Sadie broke me of that habit – mostly," I laughed and took a long pull of my beer. "She still buys a new jug when she comes to stay for longer than a day or two."

"I'm going to have to find one of them folding ladders or something," Sebastian grumbled in an annoyed tone, but I could tell his heart wasn't in it - it was just for show. "I already moved the main dishes to the lowest shelves but Megan can't reach higher than that; damn girl's always climbing on the fucking countertop."

I laughed and went to get the door. "Hey Bob," I said in surprise. "I thought you weren't coming out tonight."

"I'm not staying out all night with you guys," he said with a smirk. "I just wanted to see how you two were really doing with Sadie and the little firecracker gone; you were both moping earlier today."

"I wasn't moping," I protested, shutting the door behind him. "I was just tired from doing night shoots and then flopping into a day shoot six hours later."

"Uh-huh. That's your story? What about you, Seb?"

"I was totally moping," Sebastian said with a roll of his eyes. "Of course I miss Sadie! I didn't even get to talk to her before she left since we were in the middle of stunt work."

"Yeah, I noticed," Robert said, clapping him on the back and looking around. "Are you sure you have a roommate? I can't tell; everything still looks the same to me."

"I was just telling Chris that other than the guest room, I don't think she even left a hair tie or dirty water glass laying around. It was so weird leaving for the set without her today, like I'd forgotten something. I think I checked my pockets like 10 times for my phone and keys."

"I know," I sighed. "I did too." I knew exactly what he meant by that; I always hated it when Sadie left - and now Megan was gone too.

"You two need to cheer up," Robert said, pouring us shots and pushing them in front of us. "They've only been gone a day now; you'll see them in less than two weeks."

*          *

I woke up around 6 am to notifications from my phone. Without opening my eyes I reached for my phone, only to knock it off the damn nightstand. I started to roll over to reach for it only to realize I wasn't alone. Shit. I'd brought someone home with me last night. I forced my eyes to focus and was relieved that it was only Shayna, my on again/off again currently ex-girlfriend, not a random girl from the bar.

Maybe I shouldn't have brought her back to my place but I just didn't want to go home alone to an empty house. I untangled myself from the sheet and her limbs and finally found my phone, groaning when I saw the time. I checked to see who I'd just gotten a text from, struggling to unlock my phone, instantly concerned when I saw it was from Sadie. She never texted me this early in the morning unless it was important - especially since it was even earlier at her lake house.